LegacyGT.com

So i was just looking at a two month old car&driver or road and track, i can not recall which, but they had the new nissan gt-r on the cover. I know that it has been discussed before on this forum, but I saw the price estimate at $70,000 and I had to shoot milk out my nose. $70grand pu-lease.

First the mistique of this car in the US is due to a younger generation who played video games like gran turismo. This crowd on the whole, could not affoard this automobile. Second the car looks very "rice" and I do not believve people with money to burn on a $70thousand car would go in that direction. Of course, I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts? too expensive? too Rice? or just right?

Dont know about the weight, but i did see a vid on the internets where they had a gtr and a 911turbo seeing if the gtr could keep up. it pretty much did, but it did not say if the 911 driver was lifting or the gtr was pushing hard. who knows, it nice to see that they are striving for some serious preformance though.

Too expensive, and far to ugly.

"Nah Gaaaa-naaah Do eht. Wooodn't be PRUDENT."

Alternatives:

Porsche 997 for the money. Cayman S for the driving dynamics.

M3 Coupe. V8 powah. Nuff-said, although not as much of a looker as previous M3s.

G37 Coupe (unless a G45 V8 coupe comes out...) for the Front-engine RWD/AWD-Nissan thing.

I don't care if the GT-R is faster than all the above. It is UGLY. One can only go so fast most of the time, anyway, especially on the street. Might as well be happy doing that.

that price tag sure sucks and puts it out of 'volume sales' territory

...into 'uber-rich snooty assh0le' types range

too bad any kid with a slightly modded Evo X will prolly make Skyline owners fume over their over-priced toy.

Evo X FTW

Archived