LegacyGT.com

Our new arrival:

classics cars suck dick unless ur over 50, then its acceptable. if i was the mustang dude, i would get a European car those are the shit. a nice amg, maybe an m5, XKR, anythink but a damn mustang. all u guys that like ur chevelles and shit should be ashamed of yourselves. might as well grow out a mullet

I'm 42, own a modded LGT and have owned classic chevys and Pontiacs. There is nothing like rolling in a mint 67 GTO with 3 dueces stickin outa the hood. Have some respect son.

:trolls: :trolls:

Wukin- Could you, or someone, explain the diff on a re-creation versus a completely restored? What's up with that $130k price? :eek: Then the "High-Quality Rotisserie Re-creation" tag too. I don't know all the terms but I'm curious. :) Thanks! :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

If it's not one of the original 20 that made it so rare, why $130k? I don't get it. :confused:

I guess its like the antique road show where some random table/mug/lace doily that only a few select people can enjoy are willing to pay for it. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

classics cars suck dick unless ur over 50, then its acceptable. if i was the mustang dude, i would get a European car those are the shit. a nice amg, maybe an m5, XKR, anythink but a damn mustang. all u guys that like ur chevelles and shit should be ashamed of yourselves. might as well grow out a mullet

:lol:

I will have to look into one of those European cars.

personally, i go for the 67-69,70-73 camaro. or the same year-s firechicken. hot has hell, can be made to do anything. parts are still available, well body parts are hard to get factory.

quite a few years back i read an article in chevy magazine where an engineer from chevy took a pretty beat 69 camaro and after all the work the car was turnin .98g's! all stock sheetmetal! car was insane! screw the ford crap!

Is there any improvements on the suspension on this GT500? What is the point of 400+ HP if the car can't even keep it on the road?

Fun for burnouts?

Sure looks pretty though.

i'm not sure the specific components used, but the whole car was built to shelby's spec, so i'm sure he's done something different under there;)

not sure; never really took the time to look....a lot of the trucks are coming with and indie rear---exploders primarily----so they may have changed something under there in an attempt to be more vette like, but traction is still hard to come by either way.....

personally, i go for the 67-69,70-73 camaro. or the same year-s firechicken. hot has hell, can be made to do anything. parts are still available, well body parts are hard to get factory.

quite a few years back i read an article in chevy magazine where an engineer from chevy took a pretty beat 69 camaro and after all the work the car was turnin .98g's! all stock sheetmetal! car was insane! screw the ford crap!

My old love...

69c.jpg.e388325e14d5f35b8825e0e135a49987.jpg

GT500 is still a live axle. Perhaps different spring rates, ride height, or anti-roll bars, but still a live axle, and still two tons.

GT500 is still a muscle-car afterall.

for the kind of cash these things demand, there have to be sports cars out there to compete for my cash. M-coupe, Cayman, something. (and even though the Corvette is a book-definition sports-car, It still says muscle-car to me, as does the viper, even though corvettes handle well. Just something about the american aesthetic.)

Camaro, Challenger, GTO, and Mustang(various trim) all strike me more as resurrections of muscle cars, not sports cars. I prefer the sports cars, even if they are slower, the feedback is better.

I'd even buy a japanese sports car, if they built something as cool as the Toyota 2000GT.

NSX is too appliance-looking, and a bit underpowered for it's league. Pity, no V8...

S2000 is good, but a bit high-strung, and not a coupe. Good power for it's displacement, but underpowered for competition against most $50k sportscars.

Miata is way underpowered, but better looking for a convertable, and definitely not in that class. And I already have one.

350Z is interesting, but my Legacy is faster, and better looking.

Toyota supra is too big, but definitely powerful. Nissan Skyline is grey-market. RX7 is expensive, and finicky, but gorgeous, and out of production.

STi is nice mechanically, but an ugly duckling. Evo is same, but better looking outside, worse looking inside, and still a four-door box.

European....

Lotus Elise/Exige is too small but a real racer.

Esprit is still too small, and older.

TVRs are not imported. Damn.

Nobles are expensive, and hard to come by.

Jaguars are no longer sports cars. too big and too plush. Grand tourers.

Astons are WAY expensive.

Ferraris and Lambos are even MORE expensive.

BMW is good, but getting uglier by each iteration. Would consider new M-coupe. Would be fantastic with a new front end style, and a 4.? liter M-tuned V8. M3 is getting bigger and heavier, but still a force.

TT is wrong-wheel-drive, but very close, especially the new one. R8 is stratosphere.

Porsche. The last bastion of the true manufactured sports car.

Cayman is perfectly balanced, and with a 997 heart transplant, could be the epitome of mid-engined pure sportscar nirvana. 997 itself is a fantastic car with history galore, as well. Even the base Caymen is more than the GT500's sticker price, though.

With the demise of the MR2 coupe bodystyle, as well as the RX7/Supra, the affordable *coupe* sports car market seems to be either used, or 350Z.

That is unfortunate, especially if the 350z is not one's particular cup of tea.

MAN, I wish the WRX STI drivetrain, or a pressurized Subaru H6 came in a gorgeous coupe body, with SLA front and rear suspensions... Mid or Front-engines, AWD, or RWD...

I can't even find a good KIT car that has those credentials.

The last generation supra just looks massive, even if it doesn't weigh more, the bodywork makes it look big, and not my style. Expensive as hell after TF&TF.

The Jag XKR is a great looking car, and now even has a hatch. But it doesn't yet come with a 6MT, IIRC, and it is not exactly a lightweight. It is more of a grand touring car than the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

I never said that the Jag was a bad car. It is a very nice car. But it isn't a sports car, nor is the DB9, Mercedes SL, or 6-series BMW. One might even go so far as the 612 Scaglietti Ferrari being a Grand Tourer. Sporty might describe them, but their priority is more toward luxury than being real performance-first sports cars.

And most sports cars have two seats. 911 Porsche being the most prominent exception, as it is more performance oriented than luxury oriented, and the back seats are vestigial, and the design of the car isn't noticeably lengthened or compromized to add those rear seats. The space would otherwise be a package shelf, and probably is only used for such, since the engine is behind the rear axle. The car would likely not be any shorter, by design, without the rear seats.

Otherwise, by-the-book definition of a sportscar is a car with only two seats, and a primary focus on handling performance, and usually light weight. Usually related to purpose built road-racing cars, and some race cars use sports cars as a a basis. One could argue for three seats, like the McLaren F1, but that is still a "single" row of seating, not tandem seat rows within the wheelbase of the car. Usually Rear-wheel drive, or rarer AWD, like Lamborghini Gallardo, or Porsche 911 C4 or Turbo.

Grand touring cars, Muscle Cars, and Sport Coupes (M3, XKR are Sport Coupes or Grand Touring coupes, more than sportscars.) tend to have longer wheelbases, and are designed to have two doors with four seats. Sport sedans having four doors, and four to five seats. Sport Wagons are a rarer breed, but usually exensions on a Sport Sedan. Most with focus on handling performance, and corresponding power increases to account for added weight of heavier chassis'. Usually these are regular cars with a decidedly sportier edge over other cars with similar body styles.

Another qualifier of a sports car, is that they don't have non-performance-oriented siblings with the same body-styles. The only other cars with two seats are economy cars or trucks, which both differ fundementally from sports cars. GTs, Muscle cars ans Sport Coupes/Sedans/Wagons can, and often do have platform-mates that are less performance oriented, and usually have similar chassis layouts to other cars that are not performance oriented. Sporty cars, Muscle Cars, and GTs are usually noted exceptions to their non-performance oriented brethren, like AMG cars are more noteworthy to the enthusiast than the normal Mercedes, and similar for other brands.

Roadsters and spyders are two seat convertible-roof sportscars, where convertibles or cabriolets are usually four-seat, two-door cars, not necessarily even performance oriented (like Chrysler Sebring) There have been very few four-door convertibles, like the Lincoln Continental, or older coach-built cars, pre WWII.

Muscle Cars are very similar to Sport Coupes, usually 4-seat, 2-door cars, but can be larger cars (RWD Impala SS), or even a couple of pickup trucks. (Ram SRT10, Lightning) with very high engine power levels, and historically less attention given to handling, or weight considerations, and bear more resemblance to dedicated drag-race cars, than road-race cars. People are road-racing the new GT500s and other SN95 Mustangs... but it is the only car on the track with non-independent suspension, live axles tend to be drag-racer equipment. it can be made to handle, but it doesn't seem like a high priority in the design, both with the live axle, and the car's weight. A Muscle Car that happens to be able to dice it up a bit on the road corse...

Grand Touring tends to be a label attached to otherwise sport coupes or sedans/wagons, that denotes a bit more expensive, more comfortable, and near to, or fully luxurious cabin. More amenities, and power to motivate the additional weight, and also to make longer mileage trips at sustained speed easier. Tends to come with a higher pricetag than a less equipped sporty car. The SVX is more of a grand tourer than a sport coupe like the 2.5RS Impreza, as a Subaru-specific analogy.

Hyper or Super-cars are usually defined by an astronomical price tag, very limited production, and no-holds-barred design, and usually are rooted as sports cars or dedicated race cars with extremely high performance, in both handling and power. 250GTO, 288GTO, F40, F50, Enzo -series Ferraris, V12 Lamborghinis, Ford GT, McLaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Jag XJ220, Pagani Zonda, Koenigsegg, Porsche 959 and Carrera GT tend to fall in that category, where some of their brand-siblings would be considered expensive sports cars (F430, Gallardo, 911) or grand tourers (612, XKR, DB9, M6-albeit blisteringly fast.)

it is all just a matter of specific classification by configuration. Not a derogatory comment.

Sports Cars

Sport Coupes or Sedans or even Wagons.

Roadsters

Convertibles/Cabriolets

Muscle Cars

Grand Touring Coupes or Sedans

Dedicated Race Cars (not street legal, sometimes unique design)

Hyper or Super-cars.

Those aren't in a heirarchical order, because it doesn't really apply as "better or worse", just a classification of a performance car's design.

As you can tell, engine power levels vary and overlap classifications in many cases. Engine power has also risen significantly over time.

That is why engine power is usually not a clear-cut identifier, and chassis design and purpose is more of a classified characteristic than power output.

Now back to some real muscle cars @ a reasonable price......

Always loved the 64 IMP.....one of my all-time favorites:wub: :wub: :wub:

http://www.adamsmarketinginc.com/ebayimages/impalass2659.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Impala-SS-NO-RSV-BLACK-64-IMPALA-TRUE-SS-LIKE-NEW-56-PIX-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6169QQhashZitem150101674507QQitemZ150101674507QQrdZ1

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

This whole thread makes me cringe for the day I sold my Sunbeam Tiger II.

Built 289, headers, holley 650, solid lifter cam, accel dual point, hurst shifter.

Makes me think I invented drifting, all the way back in 1985-88.

I'm probably better off (and still alive) for selling it. But seeing what the auctions go for now, I wish I had scraped up other $ for my first house down payment.

260930875_tigersmall.jpg.6bf97b5f68cd56b5f8f5dc78e88cee3d.jpg

Archived