LegacyGT.com

Our new arrival:

We just got our 2007 Shelby GT Cobra, 5.4L supercharged w/ a 6 speed trans. Sticker is $44,865 which includes a $1300.00 gas guzzler tax, and the dude who bought it must have more money than his does sense. He waited a full year just to get the car and then agreed to pay $10k over sticker.

If it were me, I would have just gone to a Chevy dealer and picked up a Z06; of course, i'd never be able to afford either car but in my mind i just have a hard time justifying a $54k mustang, but to each his own i guess.

It's got a nice stance and some cool performance goodies: stock brembos, custom leather interior and so forth, but it's still just a 'stang.....a 'stang that will give you 160 m.p.h. on the street, but a mustang none the less.

DSC02123.JPG.3ea93ab805253962b3b5b1d17b8070c6.JPG

DSC02122.JPG.e8f55a80ccda1732bc9f4c2d28975968.JPG

DSC02124_edited.JPG.5124a61ff1f04a93d877e92b7ee88925.JPG

admittedly they may have been able to get more over sticker for it, but as a small dealership, i think that management wanted to get their name out there associated with the "Shelby" mystique.

so far as how fast it is, i was not permitted to drive it---wise choice on the part of my boss----but the service manager, who had to "inspect" it was at 100 mph in 3rd gear at the local legally sanctioned auto x course......plus only the 6th gear is considered an overdrive gear......

I had a run in with one soon after they started hitting showrooms.

Lets see if I can describe his reaction............:eek::eek::eek:

The early models were def not putting down the advertised power......imagine that:rolleyes:

From what I have read the current cars are putting out what they are quoted to have.

Still about the same acceleration you can get out of a Stock 07 Vette which is basically the same money

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

the first attempts at cobra mustangs were 4.6L and as a replacement for the venerable 5.0, they were sorely lacking in the h.p. department. So it does seem that in this case, FOMOCO has learned their lesson, but i still wouldn't buy one.

going from chevys to a subaru might not have made sense to a lot of folks who know me---i bleed bowtie blue-----but i do have standards, which include not losing my sanity to the point of buying a ford....

Not in the first production run of the GT500. I had heard a group of the owners threaten'd Ford with a lawsuit & they would up giving those cars a factory re-flash.

Those cars were only putting down 380-390whp.....for a 500 crank HP car that is some serious home cookin;)

The cars now are putting down 415-425whp

Still....stock vette #'s

For less money if I had to get a Mustang I'd go with the Roush 427R with the track pulley option. Close to 10k less than you would pay for the GT500 & a much better overall car.

Have owned a Roush Stage III & it was a nice package;)

I want another Cobra...:icon_frow. I'm waiting until the end of the year or maybe next year. By then all the suckers would have spent their money and prices will go back down to sticker or below.

they're taking bids for the '08, so come on over. better yet, throw me a few K and i'll give you the keys to the one we have........:lol: :lol:

//// but it's still just a 'stang.....a 'stang that will give you 160 m.p.h. on the street, but a mustang none the less.

Have you considered posting on a Mustang board that you have a Subaru - just to see what would happen?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

give me a '67 stingray with a 427 with a few amenities and i'd die a happy man.......

Better have @ least 250k burning a hole in your pocket......It's amazing what those cars are bringing now:rolleyes:

and if you had told someone in those days that their $2-3k muscle cars would bring that sort of return on investment, they would have told you to take another hit.......

even clones are bringing ungodly cash, so much so that the average gearhead can't afford anything pre '73, damn you Barrett-Jackson:cool:

The Mopar craze is simply unbelieveable:rolleyes:

would love to have this & it will be bringing Mopar money within the next 5yrs

http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/8e/b8/ed5d_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Chevelle-Chevelle-1970-Chevy-Chevelle-LS6-Convertible-454_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6164QQitemZ170090656345QQrdZ1

Been a dream car of mine since I was a kid....

I'm still holding out for a 69 Mustang Fastback shell so I could get it sprayed BMW carbon black, throw in a TT 351w, Viper spec T56, 5 lug conversion w/ Brembos, Maximum Motorsports custom suspension package, Ford 9" rear end and a set of deep dish bullits.

Hopefully one day when I have enough money.

Have you considered posting on a Mustang board that you have a Subaru - just to see what would happen?

Now you really wanna start something don't you. All i'd have to say was that my '69 Camaro could whip any mustangs ass and then all hell would break loose...

That would be one hell of a grenade:lol: :lol:

but then of course i'd have to lower myself to join a mustang board.......don't think so.....

nah , my dealer principal is cool with my "ricer". she even told me they would look for another one at the auto auctions when i'm ready to get rid of my beater.

and if my wife continues to abscond with my ride, i may have to do that.....

ab·scond http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif /æbˈskɒnd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ab-skond] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used without object) to depart in a sudden and secret manner, esp. to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.

New word for me, thanks!

classics cars suck dick unless ur over 50, then its acceptable. if i was the mustang dude, i would get a European car those are the shit. a nice amg, maybe an m5, XKR, anythink but a damn mustang. all u guys that like ur chevelles and shit should be ashamed of yourselves. might as well grow out a mullet

classics cars suck dick unless ur over 50, then its acceptable. if i was the mustang dude, i would get a European car those are the shit. a nice amg, maybe an m5, XKR, anythink but a damn mustang. all u guys that like ur chevelles and shit should be ashamed of yourselves. might as well grow out a mullet

I turn 50 this year. I have a Legacy GT. I have had a Mustang GT. Suck my mullet.

It is still ugly.

i love you man:wub:

and my bald mullet loves you too:wub:

Archived