LegacyGT.com

Building the SRT8 killer

We have a great project going on here at the shop. This customer bought a kit for his 5.7 Hemi Charger from Mopar supercenter. He got new heads with bigger valves, ported, sodium filled valves, bronze guides, titanium retainers. Also with the kit he got a 6.1 cam, lifters, a ported 6.1 intake and high flow cats with headers and a new PCM and TCM. We have the motor together and back inthe car today, here are a few pics. The cam has a .540 lift vs .477 stock. I was looking at the dyno chart, this 5.7 kit puts out 70 ft/lb more at 4000rpm than the 6.1 does! Look at that purty/shiny new head!. I am going to bring the Gtimer in and make a quick run with it once it's running.

:lol::lol: :lol: ^^^^^^:lol: Warranty..., you guys are funny! Here is a pic of the car on the lift. He put the SRT8 wheels and spoiler on it. Oh, and by the way, he lives in Cranston RI, so if you see this car beware. Actually, wait till we get it running and I'll let you know if you should mess with it.:icon_bigg

We have a great project going on here at the shop. This customer bought a kit for his 5.7 Hemi Charger from Mopar supercenter. He got new heads with bigger valves, ported, sodium filled valves, bronze guides, titanium retainers. Also with the kit he got a 6.1 cam, lifters, a ported 6.1 intake and high flow cats with headers and a new PCM and TCM. We have the motor together and back inthe car today, here are a few pics. The cam has a .540 lift vs .477 stock. I was looking at the dyno chart, this 5.7 kit puts out 70 ft/lb more at 4000rpm than the 6.1 does! Look at that purty/shiny new head!. I am going to bring the Gtimer in and make a quick run with it once it's running.

fukmee!!! :eek:

how much???

I took a 300C SRT8 out last week for $hits and giggles. Boy o Boy did it make me think. I was doing 45mph around a soft left hander dropped it into second and wailed the go pedal and she crept out on me!! It brought back memories of my Impala SS with the LT4 conversion and some other goodies! If it wasn't for the practicality of the Suby, I would have one! They're monsters! Keep us posted!

Buddy has a 06 SRT8 that has this

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SRT-61001-MAG&Category_Code=MAGNUM61SRTSC

Few other bolt ons also along with being tuned.

Needless to say, I have yet to be able to beat him in a race (with this setup). Hopefully with a SZ55 it will be a little more interesting

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

/\ good to see they ditched the collapsed plastic elbow and went the proper route. Some relocating of accessories is needed, but that new silicone inlet is good for 50hp, or so the fabricator at Ultimate told me when I was there to see Mach V Dan (same shop).

I am very interested in the end result. So the bottom line price wise for the hardware & install?

So Mopar themselves are claiming approx 390-410whp?

I have dyno charts on similar cars that were dyno'd. I looks like 370-390 rwhp. The torque is HUGE.

Attached is the dyno results. I am going to see if he will meet up somewhere and do a quick 1/8 mile race this weekend.:icon_cool

That is a nice tq curve, so what is the bottom line cost wise? Due to the lack of performance wagons out there starting in 08:(:(:( the Magnum SRT8 was very high on the list. If a R/T can be completed for significantly less that whould def. be my route;)

That is a nice tq curve, so what is the bottom line cost wise? Due to the lack of performance wagons out there starting in 08:(:(:( the Magnum SRT8 was very high on the list. If a R/T can be completed for significantly less that whould def. be my route;)

Are you sitting down? I think he said about 6K?????:icon_eek: I will ask him today. I am curious to see how this car will launch, remember, it weighs in around 4400#.

IMO, he could have supercharged it for half that price and not killed his gas mileage. If you get 15 mpg withan SRT8, you would be considered lucky.

The 9lb supercharger kit by GS once on the SRT8 runs about 6,900....

**without labor**

@ the wheels 520hp/539ftlb:):):)

GT.....With a set of drag Radials I'd say that car will be a mid 12 sec car. Any tranny upgrades?

& for just under 70k it can be your's......

For that amount of money.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-2LZ-PKG-NAVIGATION-HUD-POLISHED-WHLS-XM-CD-BOSE-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQihZ015QQitemZ250091540426QQrdZ1

& I'd use what is left to turbocharge it;)

The 9lb supercharger kit by GS once on the SRT8 runs about 6,900....

**without labor**

@ the wheels 520hp/539ftlb:):):)

GT.....With a set of drag Radials I'd say that car will be a mid 12 sec car. Any tranny upgrades?

**without labor**.....holy cow! It's going to run him about 2100.00 labor here.

Yes, a new TCM and torque converter. I assume shift points will be higher and the TC probably has a beefier lock up friction lining and/or a different stall RPM. It used the 5 speed Mercedes gear box from the old E class. Tranny should be fine, I'm worried about half shafts and ring and pinion. We will see.

Archived