LegacyGT.com

Building the SRT8 killer

@ the wheels 520hp/539ftlb:):):)

GT.....With a set of drag Radials I'd say that car will be a mid 12 sec car. Any tranny upgrades?

that kind of power w/tires should be mid 11's easy. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Ok boys and girls, we have just returned from initial lift-off......and I'm in love:wub:

It is VERY impressive. The spedo reads about 20 mph slow, so comparison to the SRT8 is a little difficult, but from 4500 till it shifts (6200) the car is an animal. I did not want to beat on it but I wound it up a couple of times from a stop, probably 0-80ish mph. Considering the 2.83 gears, it launches perfect if you roll into it. I can definitely say it is as fast as the SRT8, but both are so fast it's like splitting hairs. I hope he can find someone with a dyno and tweak it out. I'm sure Mopar set up that controller to run richer than needed.

I posted a pic of the car earlier in this topic. I can say not may cars turn heads like this one does. I think some chick in an Acura TL almost ran over a curb trying to get a second look at it.

So New Englanders, watch out for the sleeper 5.7. I told the customer I had posted the project on this forum. I just got an e-mail back from him. This is what it read;

" I read your posts on the Subaru Legacy Forums. What do you mean no

warranty and $2,100 in labor :)

> Haahaahaa"

>

> I hope it's running :)

He's a good egg, and he said were on to run the Legacy if I have the balls.:icon_bigg

How much more hp do you think he has over you? Because it will take alot to make up for the 1100 pounds more his weighs. I think you should at least give it a shot. I know a stock STI is quicker to 60 at least than a str-8 charger, at least thats the stats I have seen. Above that I have no clue :|

that kind of power w/tires should be mid 11's easy. bosco

The HP quoted in that thread was for a supercharged SRT8. Which yes should be able to dip into the 11's with drag radials.

The mid 12's is for the project car in this thread 380-390whp

GT....

Your customer is going to need a set of drag radials for sure.......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I've been home a while thinking about the beast we just created. The car really hooks up off the line with amazing thrust and traction. The last time I drove an SRT8 was three or four weeks ago, so as I said, comparison of the two is blurred. I can say it revs quicker, despite a gearing disadvantage, and the top end rush of the power band produced this look:eek: from my tech who was riding shotgun.

A couple of you guys mentioned drag radials. I am amazed how well the tires hooked up especially in 25 degree weather. This car will take my buddies supercharged, alky injected 02 SS Camaro (449rwhp) with ease from a stop.

Oh, and that symphony of V8 muscle is still ringing my ears.

Who said pushrod power was dead? I'ts like rock and roll; Keeps getting better:)

The HP quoted in that thread was for a supercharged SRT8. Which yes should be able to dip into the 11's with drag radials.

The mid 12's is for the project car in this thread 380-390whp

i see now and agree with both. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I want a vid of this car!

That sound must be glorious! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ That's very considerate of you, to ask for his permission. I agree! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My customer picket up his car this AM. Here is a quote from his e-mail.........

"Okay here are my impressions ....... WE HAVE CREATED A MONSTER......

I took it out for a couple of runs... at least the best that I

could... This car screams.... I am sure we have a low 12 second

machine here...... at 4000 or so RPM it is like jumping to light speed."

This is a guy that owned an old Hemi Charger that ran 10's back in the day.

Archived