LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so got my headlights in tonight (with the retro)

SO....what exactly do the washers do? I have 2 washers right now on each of the 3 screws.

The color is good. I need to adjust horizontal, as they are currently focused VERY close to eachother for some reason.

The cutoff is VERY dull. I mean, I can see it, but it's not sharp like you guys.

Need to know if I should be subtracting washers? What will that do? Etc.

The other issue that I have is that I have to drive a little ways in order to get somewhere that I can even attempt to aim them (aka drive on public roads, etc.)

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

the cutoff is dull do to the distance of the lens and the bevel's on the stock lens.

Try no washer's first and test out the color on a wall roughly 25 feet away to see if you like the cutoff and color. If not then adjust accordingly by either adding washer's or even try positioning the shield.

:( have to re-bake the lights to do so, o well I guess hah

Atleast I like what Im already seeing, which means things can only get better.

I had a hell of a time already today, because my RX330's were AFS instead of non-afs, so spent most of the day TRULY retrofitting them.

I got some ASF's at home how did you mount those bitches up I never could do it... got pix?

:( have to re-bake the lights to do so, o well I guess hah

Atleast I like what Im already seeing, which means things can only get better.

I had a hell of a time already today, because my RX330's were AFS instead of non-afs, so spent most of the day TRULY retrofitting them.

Mr.350

Damn color ASF's with the right lens washer mod & triming of the forground limiter and they rival the S2000's!!! :spin: I wannna know :spin:

yeah for real.. if you can figure out how to mount the asf's please do put up pics and show us how because those are much better then the non-asf's as far as color goes.
Mr.350

lol wow I thought I was doing it the ghetto way, now Ive got you guys all riled up. Ill have to take some pics when I pull them apart tomorrow (hopefully)

I love the color, looks great already, and theyre not even done yet.

I had to trim one side per RX330 bowl to get it to fit right in the housing, but that's pretty much it, Ill take pics.

Luv, what was this about the "right lense washer" and the "trimming" mods?

I wanna know so that when I pull them apart again tomorrow I can finally be done with it.

Ive trimmed plenty. Will play more with washers tomorrow. It's the "right" washer part that I dont understand.

The prob that I have is that I have to drive on public roads to get to a flat spot for aiming. This creates the possibility for me blinding other drivers (like I did last night) and getting pulled over on the way as well. I only have to go maybe a mile, but on highly traveled roads.

SOOOO, Im trying to get it right tomorrow, and put things back together. I have no "convenient" lighting spot.

just use the street you live on..... check the beam patterns on the left and right and make sure the beam isn't heading in an upward slope at all.

Then find a house or something to make sure they are somewhat aimed level straight ahead at the cutoff's....

once they are sufficently aimed that way you can then drive to go aim them properly.

In side the lens portion of the projector there are to parts in there the top plate is the forground limmiter I cut it completly out and added 300ZX lens super results. search on H/Planet and get the info on that. cant wait to see how you mounted these bitches.

Luv, what was this about the "right lense washer" and the "trimming" mods?

Mr.350

In side the lens portion of the projector there are to parts in there the top plate is the forground limmiter I cut it completly out and added 300ZX lens super results. search on H/Planet and get the info on that. cant wait to see how you mounted these bitches.

:whore:

I feel all jittery just waiting...

Hah, sorry, had to get ya.

Well I removed all of the washers now. Will have to test it out when it gets dark. I took a few pics as well. Although, I forgot about researching the foreground limiter....oops

Maybe Ill be pulling them apart again this weekend. I really need to get this right, tonight, because Ill be driving after dark for 2 hours tomorrow night.