LegacyGT.com

Rx330 OEM conversion for Full OEM HID's Write-up

Hah...I dunno about that one...depends on the club

If its in the US....then yeah...if its in Canada...then just say "eh" and they will rape you for free...honest

Tomorrow...tomorrow...I'll love ya tomorrow....it's only a day...a---way...

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gitster
I don't have rights to change it to the WRITE title... lol but I changed the title on my first post... :D

Cmon I know your white Garrett, you dont say Engrish. I saw the picture of you through the projector ! Hmmm maybe the projector turned your asian eye into a round eye??

Hey Garrett so where can i find the parts for this? I may have to attempt this sooner or later.. hehe

let me know when you are ready, they are easy to find most of the time...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Honestly, this was for you guys tonight. Unfortunately, here in NY, we got rain all day today as well.

Unfrotunately, things happened and i broke my phone in half. Expect the pics hopefully tomorrow.

Dont give up on me. I dont disappoint (check the CarPC thread).

Relax, sorry guys. Keep it together, and wish for a sunny day for me.

We are just giving you a hard time.

We all know that sh!T pops up all the time and screw's up the original thought out plan. Thats why they have plan B's etc... :D

Man I gotta wake up at 6:30 for work... I should go to sleep...

ok, ok, you talked me into it..

I'm going now...

seriously...

Night fella's. :wub:

Alright, alright.

So these are the pics that I took the first time that I put these in my car. (I have since needed to take them out again to adjust the # of washers, and am still not happy yet / haven't had the time / it's been raining daily).

You see the RX330 AFS bowl mated to the LGT shield, Lens, & Lens holder

No bracket needed, you'll see how they're held in the pictures. I had to trim them a bit, as you'll see, and I'm sure that you probably had to on the non-AFS as well.

So, either I got you guys confused and this wasn't the epiphany that you were all looking for, or, I just found a simple way of doing this.

My favorite part, is that for some reason the bowls/lenses bounce on bumps, and they appear as if they have the leveling system / Flicker of OEM HID's. Ive driven with many different friends that noticed both a flicker, as well as the pure white color of OEM HID's.

Love them, just need to get them focused correctly. Onto the pictures....

DSCF0434_web.jpg.2dc498abc58069a7d155464de9364ce1.jpg

DSCF0438_web.jpg.e6debad6bb2e049290d874dddbf8dc6a.jpg

DSCF0439_web.jpg.48fd3b0dc02321761ede255e86895776.jpg

DSCF0440_web.jpg.07a79b9c00c8efd14be898fb3744e22c.jpg

Youll notice....they're attached via washers on the ends of the screws that go into the lens holders. It doesn't look like much, but youd be VERY surprised at how rigid this setup is. All I had to do was get the placement of the bowl correct against the shield.

wait...so your not using the whole afs setup?

meaning the lenses that came with it aswell?

Lol...I knew I was getting your guys' hopes up without meaning to.

I couldn't use the AFS lens holders, because they are an enclosed single piece, and upon no modification would ever fit into the Leggy housing.

I could easily swap in the AFS lenses, but they are beveled (bumped like a golf ball as miniSTi put it)

You guys mentioned not using these lenses in earlier posts, so I didn't use them. Should I be using them?

With the LGT lenses, the color is pure white, with a blueish hint at angles and cutoff.

Feedback?

yes that is correct you don't want to use the AFS lense because its not clear and its bumped (as a golfball I like to describe it as).

The older 05 Legacy has a Clear lens that is beveled slightly to give a bit of color at the cutoff if the spacing is correct. The best lens you could use would probably be the S2K lens or for color something like the E30 or 300zx.

I'm surprised you got those in there especially with the way you've bolted up everything. Its to bad you couldn't get the enclosed AFS holder to fit.

Take some shots of them off a wall showing off the cutoff at say 10ft and 25+ feet if you could. I just might have to fabricate some brackets to make this a swappable thing if the look is correct.

Lol...I knew I was getting your guys' hopes up without meaning to.

I couldn't use the AFS lens holders, because they are an enclosed single piece, and upon no modification would ever fit into the Leggy housing.

I could easily swap in the AFS lenses, but they are beveled (bumped like a golf ball as miniSTi put it)

You guys mentioned not using these lenses in earlier posts, so I didn't use them. Should I be using them?

With the LGT lenses, the color is pure white, with a blueish hint at angles and cutoff.

Feedback?

the reasoning to using fully enclosed housings is for better light output and color...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool: