LegacyGT.com

Painted my grill and front emblem

Cliff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks great Cliff. I think I just found myself a weekend project. Cliff if you are in the Denver area where did you get the Duplicolor? Man I can't stop looking at the pics. Looks great!!! I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks again for the info.

I picked up the black, sandable primer at Checker Auto Parts. How it sits now is just primer. The match is perfect, so I'm not touching it. If you wanted it slightly glossier, you could put clear over it. In all my pics the front emblem is done too.

It looks great Cliff. I think I just found myself a weekend project. Cliff if you are in the Denver area where did you get the Duplicolor? Man I can't stop looking at the pics. Looks great!!! I'll post pics when I'm done. Thanks again for the info.

I found that Duplicolor Basic Black is a damn near perfect match to the paint used inside of the light housings in the 05 head lights.

It even has the same fleck in the paint. I couldn't believe the match.

I first sprayed the outer ring on my stock grille with Duplicolor flat black, but I didn't like the outcome.

Duplicolor basic black has some metallic flake in it and looks so much more balanced with the headlights, it's amazing.

I can post up pics when I find my digi-cam...

Guest Gitster
I found that Duplicolor Basic Black is a damn near perfect match to the paint used inside of the light housings in the 05 head lights.

It even has the same fleck in the paint. I couldn't believe the match.

I first sprayed the outer ring on my stock grille with Duplicolor flat black, but I didn't like the outcome.

Duplicolor basic black has some metallic flake in it and looks so much more balanced with the headlights, it's amazing.

I can post up pics when I find my digi-cam...

I think if you dont have an '05. As long as the color you choose isnt too glossy or too off from anything else. If you take your time and balck out the lights, paint the fog surrounds, and do the grille this way, itll look good.

I guess matching to the '05 headlights is a different issue.

I just picked up an Ultra Flat Black Krylon paint from the hardware store. My grille should be here this afternoon from the stealer. Ill post some picks upon completion.

I think Ill have 2 sets of wings, so maybe Ill paint match one and take pictures of both installed.

In for pics of black wings. I think someone on the site did it, but I'm too lazy to search. I may have to check out the basic black whenever I clear the amber out of my headlights and paint the corners. If the inside of the headlights match the grill though, the black primer should work great.

Guest Gitster
In for pics of black wings. I think someone on the site did it, but I'm too lazy to search.

HansGT posted pics of his in this thread. Its opposite yours, but still has black wings.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34376&d=1175115867

Im gonna do what you did with the chrome ring, then paint the wings. I have 2 sets of wings so il get pictures of black on black wings, and black on chrome wings.

you guys know you kind find all this paint and primer at walmart.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Guest Gitster
I try to stay away from Walmart as much as possible. I picked everything up at my local hardware store.

gireland, I looked for duplicolor "basic" black last night and could not find it, I also checked their web site. Do you remember what product line it is and if it's called something else by chance. Thanks.

I will fish it out of my shed today and will get you everything you need.

Product code, etc.

It really was the closest thing to the inside paint of the stock 05 headlights I have seen (which isn't a standard black if you look closely). The rattle can I bought even had the same coloured metallic fleck in it that the headlights do.

I try to stay away from Walmart as much as possible. I picked everything up at my local hardware store.

+2

Boooo to Wal-Mart. I support the little local guys as much as possible.

Guest Gitster
Gitster- DFAB1979 kicks ass!
'

Haha wow that was quick!

Yeah they were pretty much my favorite band for a good part of this past year. I actually got see them (just caught the end of their set) When they opened for NIN and Queens of the Stone age at TDBankNorth last year.

Thats when I started listening to them. I cant believe they stopped making music, that first album was and still is INSANE !!!

Guest Gitster

Daft Punk is playing with The Rapture, still thinking of checking it out. Its on Coney Island.

BTW, DFA1979 broke up. I dont think theyre playing shows anymore :confused:

God this is off topic :spin:

I'm checkin out the august 9th Daft Punk concert, I think its the Coney Island one you mentioned.

That sucks that they aren't playin shows right now! Hopefully not for good.

Cliff- your grill rocks! Its going to be the first mod I do once I get some free time this summer!

There, back on topic.

Guest Gitster

----------------------

About DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 - R.I.P.

It doesn't matter how Sebastien Grainger and Jesse F. Keeler met and formed the Toronto rock duo Death From Above 1979 (either on a pirate ship or in prison, take your pick). All that really matters is that they found a way to blend power rock and dance floor sensibilities, finally giving today's sound the swagger it's been missing. Their album,You're a Woman, I'm a Machine has enough blaring riffs, off-beat lyrics, intense rhythms, and strong hooks to satisfy anyone. Thanks to everyone for supporting the music

DFA 1979 RIP.

----------------------

Yeah theyre done for good.

http://www.myspace.com/deathfromabove1979

Archived