LegacyGT.com

Painted my grill and front emblem

Cliff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Now that spring is coming I recently started looking into painting my grill again. Finally easily found the Plastikote Metal Flake (Black) that TRS used on his "wings". By far the closest color match I've seen to the OEM grill plastic color.

Purchased at Amazon

1 can Plastikote Plastic Primer (#469)

2 cans Plastikote Metal Flake - Black (#320)

1 can Plastikote Candy Clear Coat (#307, to help protect and give a little extra gloss if needed)

Plan is to test on some spare "wings" and see if it matches well enough for my taste. If not I'll be doing the entire grill. Not sure if I'm going re-use my existing chrome wings or swap out with my extra set of painted ones. It will be several weeks before I get all this done. Not much free time...but plan on utilizing the model shop at work....sandblaster and all kinds of neat stuff. :)

For those looking for this paint, If you have Carquests in your area they are Plastikote dealers and can get it. I just had them get a couple cans for me.

• 5 weeks later...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/dead2rights21/my2010.jpg

it's not the greatest picture... I was going to go with black on black but my two fav. colors are red and black so I decided to go with this combo.. still undecided what to do with the hood/side/and rear

Archived