LegacyGT.com

Tri-State local tavern (our own longest thread)

godwhomismike

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92.3 was getting ridiculous. I couldn't listen to the same "alt-rock" songs anymore. They had the same song rotation for like 10 years :lol:

104.3, meh, I love classic rock but not f-ing ELO & stuff like that. Too much Springsteen & the pretenders & stuff on there. Also, you'd think the only Hendrix songs ever were foxy lady & all along the watchtower. Same as the only zeppelin they ever played was stairway to heaven, ramble on, or misty mountain hop. Again, same stupid song rotation forever.

I used to have sirius when I used to drive to work. I gave it up. It was pretty uninteresting.

Now I'm hardly ever in the car & when I am I listen to whatever CDs I have in there or Jazz 88.3 :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

but there is no good current rock stations. :(

there hasn't been in a long long time. k-rock was a "current" rock station in like 1997-98 :lol::lol:

You gotta catch like college stations to get newer music.

Anyone remember when 92.3 was a classic rock station?

How about Hot 103.5? :lol: No Hot 97.1, that was the country station :eek: Then they switched places. Then they made country 103 into goomba 103 :lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

89.5 FM is pretty good, if you can pick up the signal coming from Seton Hall. Lately, they tend to broadcast a lot of sports games in the evening, on Sundays - it's church and cultural music. Monday though Saturday, it's heavy metal.

Link (to listen online): http://www.wsou.net/

This week on 89.5:

Loud Rock Chart

1. Lamb of God

2. Mastodon

3. Saxon

4. Thursday

5. Sepultura

6. EdGuy

7. G-Forbid

8. Rumplestilskin Grinder

9. A Day to Remember

10. Demon Hunter

Top Phone Requests

1. Lamb of God

2. A Day to Remember

3. Mastodon

4. Sepultura

5. G-Forbid

WHAT?!?!? Bitch, are you retarded?

It is overplayed so much, it is worn out. Coxx's point on the rotation of the same 3 Hendrix or Zep songs over and over is correct. And any station that plays 'Fly Like an Eagle' or 'Hotel California' even ONCE will lose me forever. :lol:

College stations are often the best, and locally we have listener supported WPKN that plays some pretty offbeat stuff.

I gotta admit, I leave the same cd's in the player WAY too long. Maybe I should give radio another chance.

It is overplayed so much, it is worn out. Coxx's point on the rotation of the same 3 Hendrix or Zep songs over and over is correct. And any station that plays 'Fly Like an Eagle' or 'Hotel California' even ONCE will lose me forever. :lol:

College stations are often the best, and locally we have listener supported WPKN that plays some pretty offbeat stuff.

I gotta admit, I leave the same cd's in the player WAY too long. Maybe I should give radio another chance.

104.3 plays the same 20-30 classic rock songs over and over. I feel like they play some songs at least once an hour.

Radio sucks. I let my Sirius subscription end, and now I am regretting it. I will be turning it back on.

And any station that plays 'Fly Like an Eagle' or 'Hotel California' even ONCE will lose me forever. :lol:

that's exactly what I mean. Too much eagles, steve miller, emerson lake & palmer, reo speedwagon. Not enough

. I feel like they play some songs at least once an hour.

they do. We used to leave it on at work during the day & it was common to hear the same song 3-4 times during the day

Should start a thread 'what do you have in your cd player' maybe, unless someone already did. :confused:

joke right?

Guest JessterCPA

I rarely listen to the radio anymore. Either I am playing songs off the IPod or Podcasts.

What does 96.9 play??

K Rock had a decent playlist. They played far too much ACDC IMO but you could still hear RHCP and Nirvana, shit like that. My commute to work was O & A with CDs for commercials and on my way home K Rock and CDs for commercials/bad music.

Now it's all CDs. I need to burn a new 20 or so.

K Rock had a decent playlist. They played far too much ACDC IMO but you could still hear RHCP and Nirvana, shit like that. My commute to work was O & A with CDs for commercials and on my way home K Rock and CDs for commercials/bad music.

Now it's all CDs. I need to burn a new 20 or so.

yeah but see, again, way too much ACDC & then teh same old nirvana, pearl jam, chili peppers, etc that they've been playing since 1996. There was almost never anything new in the rotation & once there was they'd play it out hard

yeah but see, again, way too much ACDC & then teh same old nirvana, pearl jam, chili peppers, etc that they've been playing since 1996. There was almost never anything new in the rotation & once there was they'd play it out hard

I'm not sure how much new music I'd like to listen to anyway. Most Rock newer than let's say 2002 is a bunch of dudes with black makeup and girl's haircuts whining about their sadness.

I say no thanks to that anyway.

I'm not sure how much new music I'd like to listen to anyway. Most Rock newer than let's say 2002 is a bunch of dudes with black makeup and girl's haircuts whining about their sadness.

Almost feels like the music industry died after 2001/2002. I can't think of anything since then that I would want to listen to.

:lol::lol::lol: I hear that but it's more that if the radio is gonna just play my CD collection I might as well just listen to that

Archived