LegacyGT.com

2007 WOT problems, seems beyond stutter

vader1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with some of the previous posters that the issue has seemed to have gotten much better as the miles have accumulated. I bought the car with about 2400 miles on it and the problem was very pronounced. I have about 4500 miles now and the issue is not near as bad as it was earlier. I removed the snorkel and the resonator from the airbox and that seemed to make it a little better and for the last 500 miles I've used nothing but Shell V-Power. The issue is very sporadic now and not nearly as bad as when I bought the car. I am still waiting for Cobb to release the '07 AP to make the stutter completely go away.

Truthfully I don't think it changes with mileage, I think people are just starting to get used to it. I'm up to 8k on mine and there isn't a difference from the day it drove off the lot.

I hear ya on this one, back and forth to work, its fine, its when i want ot have a little fun its annoying. I have 9000 on mine

[url=http://spun-autosports.com/sales/product_info.php?cPath=21_173_175&products_id=573][/url]

On a side note, i found this...is it true???

http://spun-autosports.com/sales/product_info.php?cPath=21_173_175&products_id=573

This is running on a UTEC delta... with setting on 0... which means it is still running on stock mode....

This thing has a TON of functions... im not sure who im going to bring it to for the tune... either a good local guy or TXS themselves

Ill start data logging tommorow.... no clue on hp/tq #s but my butt tells me its faster just with the dp

ONCE AGAIN NO STUTTER... pottentially a $200 fix with a MR DP

I'm very curious to see how/if this resolves. I just test drove some 07's this weekend and both had the problem pretty bad (otherwise I wouldn't be searching and you guys wouldn't be posting)...

Coming from bmw-land. Love the LGT (well it needs a stiffer suspension) but nonlinear power delivery in a performance car is a no-no.

Coming from bmw-land. Love the LGT (well it needs a stiffer suspension) but nonlinear power delivery in a performance car is a no-no.

Ummm, do you know how a turbo works? I guess every car with a turbo, professionally raced or not, is just not as good as a BMW 3 series :rolleyes:

Well, regular turbo boost style nonlinear power is fine. BTW, despite what the mags claim, I noticed the slight boost effect in the 335 as well.

I should have said gaps in power that throw your head forward - it's not subtle on the 07 Spec.B that I drove. That's annoying in a car that's very good otherwise.

Well, regular turbo boost style nonlinear power is fine. BTW, despite what the mags claim, I noticed the slight boost effect in the 335 as well.

I should have said gaps in power that throw your head forward - it's not subtle on the 07 Spec.B that I drove. That's annoying in a car that's very good otherwise.

I hear ya, and I totally agree.

This is pissing me off! I bought the car as soon as the 07's came out and 22,500 miles later it's still just as bad. With no AP in sight, what are we to do? I believe this to be dangerous in a pass situation and hence why I'm looking it up tonight. I'll be at the dealer this weekend and I'm going to get on them about this. Fortunately, the lead mechanic actually has a specB and he's very cool.

So far it's the hesitation, warped brake rotors and a bad wheel bearing in the FR. It just turned 8months old, I'm not pleased so far. I'm already looking for my next car, not good.

I put on a SPT intake, and it seems to drop the time it hesitates, but doesnt get rid of the issue. I am going to get a dp and cbe and see what id does from there. I am planning on spending the money anyway, so if this fixes is, bonus!!

I had the stutter pretty bad and recently put on a turboback exhaust. I reset the ECU too so maybe that was it but so far I am stutter free. If it was an ECU reset, hopefully it will not relearn the stutter!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, well sort of old thread. My '05 LGT is having this hesitation issue and it's driving me insane. I just read this whole thread and there doesn't seem to be any clear answer as to what the issue is. What it feels like to me is a miss calibration on the electronic throttle body. It reminds of me of the hesitation w/ my V70R I had that had the POS Magnetti-Morrelli ETM. Not only would the unit be slow to respond, but it liked to fail randomly too!:mad: Magnetti-Morrelli redesigned the ETM for the '99-'02.5 and the unit would last longer, but the hesitation was dramatically increased. It took Volvo 4 years to figure out that it was calibration issue w/ the ECU/ETM and they had to rewrite the software for the ETM and then did a recall for a service update on the throttle body. The reflash pretty much resolved the hesitation 100%. I read a few posts were members said the hesitation was no longer after they had a retune done by after market companies. I know some tuners will optimize ETM calibration in their tunes and this is what is also leading me to this conclusion. I've been fairly happy w/ my LGT, but I'm thinking about selling if this issue isn't resolved. Calling my retarded dealer on Tuesday to have them tell me nothing is wrong.

EDIT: Hope my up late at night w/ a few beers down the hatch rant made sense!:eek:

My 07 OBXT LTD has been stuttering badly since the beginning. In Sport mode it is very noticable, but in Sport# it bucks hard, then automatically drops to sport mode, sometimes throwing a CEL which goes out immediately. A couple time the CEL has stayed on and the time I took it to the dealer they said it was a misfire but they couldn't duplicate it. Guess I'll just keep harassing the dealer and keep watching this board.

As far as the question of this being a safety issue, try merging with 75 mph traffic on the beltway and having your car stutter instead of get you up to speed. Not fun!

Anyone have any updates on this? Here is my update. I thought it was just because the car was newer and was hoping the problem would work itself out like others have claimed. The car now has 6k miles on it and it seems to be getting progressively worse. I went to pass a soccer mom the other day and she blew past me as if I was driving my dads geo metro. Its a shame that a near 30 thousand dollar car has to run this way. The only way I can get my car to accelerate like it should is slowly riding the rpms up with slowly pushing the throttle then I can finally put the pedal to the floor at about 4k, then i shift and it gets to fall back flat on its face. All I know is this car is not as fun as I orignally invisioned, in fact sometimes I wish I had my 01 back so I could actually accelerate with out getting whipplash.

I dont know what subaru was thinking when they tuned this car, but it sure is not working for me. By the way, my dealer said it is turbo lag... Hmmm after all the turbo cars I have seen I have never seen one that accelerates faster when i let off the gas....

By the way, if I hold my pedal steady and slowly let off the gas I will actually get more rpms out of it. Clearly the car is just either dumping way to much fuel and/or going into WOT way to soon. I read a while back that someone had their ECU reflashed by the dealer on a 07 legacy; is that true?

Any word on the AP?

Thanks

Raini

Archived