LegacyGT.com

BMW 325xi kicks LGT's A$$

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RSA's couldn't get you out of a paper bag.

RSA's aren't the greatest tire, but I'd take them over RE92's anyday. Had them on my Grand Am, they were pretty good in the snow for being V-rated.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Yeah the subaru AWD that actually powers all the wheels vs something like volvo or honda that kinda tries if it feels like it and then gives up.. yeah let's all blame the subaru AWD. 4 inches? Seriously.. I've done donuts and power drifts in deeper snow.

You can think about blaming the subaru AWD when one or two wheels are spinning and you aren't moving.. Otherwise it's most likely your fault.

Yeah 4 friggen inches. I was to say the least fairly pissed off.

Especially considering the wife's car with all seasons literally drove right through the same area, same depth, same temp etc. I drove both cars, using the same steady throttle using momentum to keep me going through the snow. The Subaru got stuck, the Scion didn't. I have continued to be disapointed with the car's tractive ability since moving to South Dakota, where it seems to snow every damn day recently. Her car stops better, and corners better. I don't know why, that is just what I have observed. Perhaps a dedicated set of winter tires would make a huge difference, but why is it that my AWD car with all seasons is not as capable as a FWD car with all seasons that are no better than what the Suby is wearing?

...Her car stops better, and corners better. I don't know why...

tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires

An LGT with good rubber will never fail you.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I just got back from a drive and acutally got stuck in about 6-7 inch heavy snow drift, i got out but now my check engine light is on and the cruise control light keeps flashing???? any ideas

thnaks alot

Disconnect the battery, wait five minutes. Reconnect battery, start car; lights should be off and cruise control function should be restored. How do I know? Because I had to do the same thing after getting the car stuck trying to drive down to the house from the barn.

tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires tires

An LGT with good rubber will never fail you.

I would normally agree, but the tires on the wife's car are really no better than the ones on the Suby. Maybe I need to get winter tires, but I live in an appartment right now:icon_mad: , and have no place to put them once they come off in April.

I love Penguin like a duck, but he is a drama queen. You can tell by his avatar. Cruise control light started flashing after I stalled trying to get out of a slippery spot in 2nd gear. I turned off the motor for ten minutes when I dropped my kid off at school and the cruise light went off and never reappeared.

I love Penguin like a duck, but he is a drama queen. You can tell by his avatar. Cruise control light started flashing after I stalled trying to get out of a slippery spot in 2nd gear. I turned off the motor for ten minutes when I dropped my kid off at school and the cruise light went off and never reappeared.

You know you love me, and it would take a drama queen to know one (how's that for an old playground insult?).

I tried letting my car sit to clear the light, but no luck, had to do the battery disconnect.

Yeah 4 friggen inches. I was to say the least fairly pissed off.

Especially considering the wife's car with all seasons literally drove right through the same area, same depth, same temp etc. I drove both cars, using the same steady throttle using momentum to keep me going through the snow. The Subaru got stuck, the Scion didn't. I have continued to be disapointed with the car's tractive ability since moving to South Dakota, where it seems to snow every damn day recently. Her car stops better, and corners better. I don't know why, that is just what I have observed. Perhaps a dedicated set of winter tires would make a huge difference, but why is it that my AWD car with all seasons is not as capable as a FWD car with all seasons that are no better than what the Suby is wearing?

The BYOB stalwart would've used shower caps for traction. YOU may be the founder, but you have abdicated your status. You obviously do not believe in founding principles of the founding drinking fathers. Or Girls Gone Wild. How sad for you

You know you love me, and it would take a drama queen to know one (how's that for an old playground insult?).

I tried letting my car sit to clear the light, but no luck, had to do the battery disconnect.

My wife is regularly in civic theatre. I KNOW drama queens.

The BYOB stalwart would've used shower caps for traction. YOU may be the founder, but you have abdicated your status. You obviously do not believe in founding principles of the founding drinking fathers. Or Girls Gone Wild. How sad for you

I wouldn't run over a shower cap, I used one to keep the snow off of my turban while digging out the Legacy though! If the Girls Gone Wild had been around, they could have tugged the car out with a tow strap while topless. Just think of the positive affects of cold air on ..... heh heh heh. Anyhow being that they are wild, none could be rounded up for towing duty.

The OP did say he was on Blizzaks not RE-92s and still got stuck.

It just may be easier for the 5eat to regulate traction under these conditions. I have contiextremes on my LGT and did not get stuck in pretty serious blizzard conditions last winter.

Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to get stuck this winter :(:lol:

Lots of torque even with awd means you have to be easy on throttle and clutch with 5mt cars. It's EASY to spin tires in low traction situations, especially if you've added power and torque with mods. That said, I've yet to be stuck.

Handbrake turns FTW!!!

My LGT might as well be a snowplow. 5EAT + Dunlop Graspics FTW.

Like the Graspics? Tirerack is sold out, I was thinking of going ahead and getting some winter tires seeing as how it snows here a good little bit.

Do you know anyplace else to order these tires in LGT size applications?

Archived