LegacyGT.com

Colorado Subaru Track Day

praedet

ST40 Front calipers and ST22 rear calipers. I am planning on running the Stoptech set-up in June...

hmmm, I'll see if I can get those for you.. normally I can get practically any carbotech brake pad for the stock calipers. I'll have to talk to Brakeswap about your particular sizes and hope to bring a set for you (at least the fronts).

Keefe

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it, I am helping a good friend move to CA. If anyone is interested I can see about transferring my registration, I hope it's not a big deal since we haven't filled out our forms yet. I don' care about the $35, I just don't want my space to get wasted.

if anyone is interested let me know.

any word on this yet? I still havent recieved my papers to fill out and return it... anyone have word on it?

Sorry everyone. I have the forms, but just haven't had time to send them all out yet. I should start sending the e-mails out tuesday next week, so keep a look out.

I apologize again for the delay getting these out, but please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions at j.cooley@flatironsimports.com.

J. Cooley

• 1 month later...

^ I may bring a set of used brake pads with me on the plane, we'll see. I dont know if the airport allows me to bring stuff like that as a carry-on, we'll see..

It's best to get at least a set of the front brake pads like Carbotech XP10s or XP12s for a track day. Call up Eric at http://www.brakeswap.com and he'll send you a set in time for the event. Stock pads wont hold up to the braking that you put them through, especially if we have a warm weekend.

Keefe

So, we need to mkae plans for where Keefe can stay/who can get him from the Airport. Can any of the Denver folks volunteer? :D

I may have to call up my friends and see if they would like to spend a night near boulder and such (they won't be driving at the track, but they may come out to watch). I'll be landing at the Airport at 5pm.

I may have to book a room soon around the area. If anyone coming far needs a place to crash the hotel floor or whatever, let me know so I can make arrangements. Does anyone have the exact address of the track location and as well as any hotels that's worth staying?

Keefe

Dude you are more than welcome to stay at my house. I live in Highlands Ranch and will be driving up to Boulder anyway.

Here is a google map I made showing the track and the [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Driving+Track+%4039.745573,-105.178578&q=hotels&f=l&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&z=14]Hotels near by[/ame]

just in case you want your privacy.

Let me know your flight details and I may be able to pick you up.

Dude you are more than welcome to stay at my house. I live in Highlands Ranch and will be driving up to Boulder anyway.

Here is a google map I made showing the track and the Hotels near by

just in case you want your privacy.

Let me know your flight details and I may be able to pick you up.

Cool, my info is here:

Friday June 1st

Flight #1341 (Southwest)

Depart BALTIMORE-WASHNTN (BWI) at 2:40 PM

Arrive in DENVER INTL (DEN) at 4:35 PM

Sunday June 3rd

Flight #2947 (Southwest)

Depart DENVER INTL (DEN) at 9:00 AM

Arrive in BALTIMORE-WASHNTN (BWI) at 2:25 PM

I'll let you know if I need the ride or not, I'll have to see if my other friends in Colorado will be able to hang out with the rest of us (she drives an STi while her friend has an 07? Spec B GT). They won't be tracking their cars, but they may come out to hang out a bit and probably head out for a night out since I've never been to Colorado and we'll party it up Saturday night or something.. all I have to do is that I make it to the Airport by 7AM sunday morning, haha. I should be able to land just in time to drive to another autox by 3pm to run in the final heat. We'll see.

Keefe

Cool, my info is here:

Friday June 1st

Flight #1341 (Southwest)

Depart BALTIMORE-WASHNTN (BWI) at 2:40 PM

Arrive in DENVER INTL (DEN) at 4:35 PM

Sunday June 3rd

Flight #2947 (Southwest)

Depart DENVER INTL (DEN) at 9:00 AM

Arrive in BALTIMORE-WASHNTN (BWI) at 2:25 PM

I'll let you know if I need the ride or not, I'll have to see if my other friends in Colorado will be able to hang out with the rest of us (she drives an STi while her friend has an 07? Spec B GT). They won't be tracking their cars, but they may come out to hang out a bit and probably head out for a night out since I've never been to Colorado and we'll party it up Saturday night or something.. all I have to do is that I make it to the Airport by 7AM sunday morning, haha. I should be able to land just in time to drive to another autox by 3pm to run in the final heat. We'll see.

So, after re-reading your reply I could not figure out if you wanted to stay at mi casa or not. :lol:

Holy shit, I didn't realize pads were pushing $200! That would be for a pair, correct Keefe?

Are they easy to install? Would you recommend them for daily driving? I don't race much nor plan on doing it too too much in the future.

The pads he is recommending are track only pads. If I were you, I might just get a set of replacement pads because you WILL burn up your stock pads. Very easy to install. We can do it at the track for you :D
:spin:

Holy shit, I didn't realize pads were pushing $200! That would be for a pair, correct Keefe?

Are they easy to install? Would you recommend them for daily driving? I don't race much nor plan on doing it too too much in the future.

You can get just the front set of some Carbotech XP8s which are great for summer driving. You can leave the rear stock to keep it cost effective. They should be just be good enough for very spirited driving and you just have to be easy on the first 1 or 2 stops when the brakes are cold (cold as in 'air temperature' or 'touchable').

It's easy to swap out brake pads in my opinion. You just need one set for the front for this track day.. it's just enough to prevent any brake fade. You can certainly drive on stock pads, but it wont be as fun since the stock pads will start losing its bite after 3 or 4 laps.

Keefe

I'll PM you sometime on Monday or Tuesday of next week.. is that cool with you?

Sounds good.

Those XP8's you recommend for the front do they squeal and do they dust a lot?

I am gonna just order the XP8's and some fluid, that should be good for my Summer drives. :lol:

Sounds good.

Those XP8's you recommend for the front do they squeal and do they dust a lot?

I am gonna just order the XP8's and some fluid, that should be good for my Summer drives. :lol:

they might squeal when cold, and yes, they dust.. not a whole lot like the XP12s or XP16s, but hey, what do you expect from a track pad?

Keefe

Are you planning on using the above for the track day? I don't think they would work very well after a couple of high speed stops.

I am planning on buying a front set of XP8 or maybe XP10 from here

and some new fluid.

He has a discount going but I am not sure if it still works but will try.

Here is where I found the XP8 for $145

Archived