LegacyGT.com

Colorado Subaru Track Day

praedet

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think average price for an M95 snell helmet can be found for as low as $100 locally.. I think online with shipping is around no more than $120.. When I bought my first helmet, it was $150 (about 4 years ago from a Motorcycle shop that had a winter sale). Look for any left over HJC CL-12/15 helmets, they are fairly cheap for a SNELL M95 helmet.

EDIT:

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/cl15solids/cl15black = $117 shipped.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/cl15solids

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/cl15graphics = other colors/graphics for a few more bucks.

It's M2005 SNELL rated, for $117 ~ $131 shipped. This helmet should be good for the next 15 years of even track driving.

Keefe

For those thinking about buying helmets online I would strongly suggest you go to a local bike shop to try on the helmet first. Make sure that particular model/size of helmet fits you well before ordering online. Some helmet fits oval shaped head better than round heads. HJC generally fits round heads.

Nice looking helmet chenc. How much was it new?

I think I paid $150 for it new but KBC sells a new version called VR-1X now.

Gah...this makes me wish that I was going to have a valid liscense by then! I will still have another month of suspension to serve at that time!!! Well maybe I will just roll down and watch...it would be a good chance to meet some of the other Co members.

that's why you keep the speeding on the track and drive normal on the street ;) that's how I get my need for speed out...

come to the track day, it's fun, worth it.. you'll respect cars in general even more, that's why my car is stock powered.. dont need power. Self control is the key.

Keefe

I imagine that I will be there. It is not like it is that far away from me. Plus like I said I think that it would be cool to meet some of the people from the site and see thier cars.

I am learning to slow down the hard way. That is a lot easier now that I don't go on the interstate ;)

Got my helmet in the mail yesterday and the R-compunds are sitting on the porch at my house right now :lol:

Finally confirmed the deal on some used Rota Tarmacs so I can send them to the Powdercoater. I think they will be Flat black :D

:spin:

Finally confirmed the deal on some used Rota Tarmacs so I can send them to the Powdercoater. I think they will be Flat black :D

Flat black would look awesome on the white wagon. Make sure to post some pics once you get them mounted.

Well, I'm still not planning on buying a helmet. I did just buy a snowboarding helmet and I have goggles. I suppose this "ghetto" set up wouldn't work, would it?

haha, no, it wont.. it needs to be SNELL rated M95 or SA95 at the least.

Keefe

Got my helmet in the mail yesterday and the R-compunds are sitting on the porch at my house right now :lol:

white with white rims is better, at least you can see how much brake dust we'll coat them with ;)

Keefe

Who is going to do the powder coating for you? I may have my stockers coated or sell them. They are just collecting dust in the garage.

Archived