LegacyGT.com

Colorado Subaru Track Day

praedet

Now I need some cheap rims to put them on...

There is a dealer that sells the Saabaru BBS on eBay for $600, he used to sell them for $500 per set... I think you can get a better price by just emailing him an offer through eBay. Otherwise you can check edgeracing.com. They have an Enkei wheel that's $99 each and it only weights 18.5 lbs. They also carry Raze wheels too.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just signed up today. hopefully everything works out.

this will push me to get some coilovers on my car by june (oh and buy a helmet).

we'll see how many outback are on the track :)

can't wait!

chenc544, might be interested in your helmet if you are still looking at getting rid of it, my ski helmet is an XL and I know my head is big :)

Just registered and now June seems so far off. Hopefully I'll be able to get some springs and sway bars on beforehand, and if I'm really lucky, go to stage1...:icon_bigg

you'll be suprised of how fast registration fills up. 50 slots is not a lot of spaces. the events Im use to going to have as many as 500+ entries, and we all have to sign up about an average of at least 3 months ahead.

just remember to mail in your email confirmation by May 18? in to Jon Cooley so you can get in. I think that's what I read when you have to sign up.

UPDATE!: As much as I :wub: you all, Im only bringing one helmet with me, there's only soo much room in my carry-on. Im not checking in my set of rims, tires, and all my track gear. If that was the case, I would have drove my car to Colorado, which Im NOT going to do since it takes about 36 hours for me to drive there non-stop. :lol:

Keefe

^ legal speeds, it's 36 hours from Denver to DC.. takes 20 hours to get from Topeka KS to DC..

if I had to drive really really FAST and could care less about the law, it would take me just about under 16 hours to get from Denver to DC.

There's suppose to be movie coming out that someone drove LA to NY in 40 hours

Keefe

I asked Jon from Flatirons Tuning about the specifics on helmets, he did say a half motorcycle helmet would work, and he'll get back with me on the specific rating it needs to be. I'll post details when I have them.

Also, I have a reciept that was emailed to me for registration, but I'm guessing the registration form will come later via email? Did anybody else get their registration form yet?

Hey everyone. This is Jon Cooley of Flatirons Tuning. I heard that there might be a thread over here about our track, and since there are so many questions, I thought I would let you know that you can either PM me, or e-mail me any questions that you have.

My e-mail is j.cooley@flatironsimports.com

The main questions that I see here are about helmets. Yes, they are required, and I think a Snell 95 0r newer, but I'll have to check. We are putting this event on with Go 4 It Racing School which is a professional driving school out here in Colorado, so there may be a couple loaner helmets available, but assume that you have to bring your own. I would hate to have someone show up, and not be able to drive because they don't have a helmet.

Again, let me know if you have any other questions, and I will try to check back to this thread once or twice a day too.

Jon C.

I think I will wait to see if they open the event to other makes. My Z's much more of a track car than the LGT.

Since SoA is sponsoring this only subarus will be allowed to enter. Heard it from the horses mouth when i talked to jon the other day on the phone.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

I asked Jon from Flatirons Tuning about the specifics on helmets, he did say a half motorcycle helmet would work, and he'll get back with me on the specific rating it needs to be. I'll post details when I have them.

Also, I have a reciept that was emailed to me for registration, but I'm guessing the registration form will come later via email? Did anybody else get their registration form yet?

I will e-mail them out in the next day or too. People are registering a lot faster than I planned on, so I am a little behind.

Jon C.

Since SoA is sponsoring this only subarus will be allowed to enter. Heard it from the horses mouth when i talked to jon the other day on the phone.

as far as I can tell, yes, there should be some representatives from SoA that will be coming out. It would be nice to talk to a few of them. It's a Subaru-only event to begin with from what I last recalled reading the registration/info page.

Keefe

I just ordered a Snell M2005 helmet :D

I think I have some 17x7.5 Used Rota Tarmacs for $300 for the Tires that will be fixed up by me :D

I switched from A to R-compunds and they ship out Monday :D

Good, Good, and GOOD!

I was about to say that we are going to kill those A's in the first 10 mins on track :lol:

Keefe

as far as I can tell, yes, there should be some representatives from SoA that will be coming out. It would be nice to talk to a few of them. It's a Subaru-only event to begin with from what I last recalled reading the registration/info page.

You are correct, it is a Subaru only event, and there should be a few people from SOA there.

Actually, I spoke with Go 4 It, and a half helmet will not be adequate. Helmets need to be full face, or 3/4, and have at least a 95 DOT rating. Sorry for the confusion.

Jon C.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I've walked on that track before and wondered what it was for. When I've asked others about the track on the Mesa above Golden, they thought I was crazy!!!

:lol:

Now I finally know what it is! :D

Couldn't find my camera this morning so I had to make due with the camera phone. Anyway, here is the spare KBC VR-1 helmet I have. It's actually a Large not XL as I had thought. According to KBC's size chart Large will fit head with 23 1/8" circumference or 7 3/8" hat size. Here is a review link for anybody interested in reading up on the helmet.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/kbc/

KBC-01.jpg

KBC-02.jpg

KBC-03.jpg

KBC-04.jpg

I'm now actually REALLY thinking about heading out for this. It would be a good excuse to visit my sister and do some mountain driving - bring the bro-in-law along too ... hmmm

just come out, even if you are not registered and hang out with the rest of us for the day or part of the day.

Keefe

Archived