LegacyGT.com

Help, uneven lowering questions

turbo2nr

japanparts lists 2 spring rates because 1 is for front and the other is for rear. all fronts have same rates and all rears have same rates.

did you make a mark on your camber bolt before you took it off? alignment should be pretty close if the camber bolt was placed back in the same orientation (thus the need for marking it).

japanparts lists 2 spring rates because 1 is for front and the other is for rear. all fronts have same rates and all rears have same rates.

did you make a mark on your camber bolt before you took it off? alignment should be pretty close if the camber bolt was placed back in the same orientation (thus the need for marking it).

Thanks bro.....I see my mistake. My eyes are not working when I see red.

The mechanic (my friend) lost the alignment, and no idea about the bolt untill I watched him just slap it in and tighten it up. I stood up and yelled, WHAT!

(I don't have a lift...it's too cold to be outside at night with nutz and boltz.)

Then, off to more idiots who have never seen such a bolt. I don't work on cars for a living, but when an alignment shop has no idea WTF a camber adjustmfawrhfqhwlfuhq3...funny to watch them pulling on the wheel to try to explain to me "see, the wheel is at it's limits. they suggested drilling an oval hole to change camber!!)

Two days ago, my car was at a third shop.....idiot driver hit a paddle or dropped it or someting and screwd up the alignment rack at local import shop....waited two days...no fix....drove to another shop.....bad alignment first 2x.

Wornout tires...little on the short side.

(18"er coming I hope, have the new tires)

New chEbay rotors. (Zinc plated front....powdercoated rear)

STi lip from panda guy on ebay...little short.

Dirty car, check.

Wheels not turned straight...left keys inside. whoops.

505076329_lgtsuspension001.thumb.jpg.18441341e4eca8acee511250a0a5adac.jpg

1821737183_lgtsuspension002.thumb.jpg.373e737484c8212bb9b977462783066c.jpg

1215402427_lgtsuspension003.thumb.jpg.9965a8aac76d21105e38e14993b00065.jpg

1611863287_lgtsuspension004.thumb.jpg.a87c81243470e135f70a2a480b14c78e.jpg

556819209_lgtsuspension005.thumb.jpg.75bc2ddbb673e97906b48ebd1caa8d6a.jpg

Wornout tires...little on the short side.

(18"er coming I hope, have the new tires)

New chEbay rotors.

STi lip from panda guy on ebay...little short.

Dirty car, check.

Wheels not turned straight...left keys inside. whoops.

not trying to cause trouble but you need a picture showing the full side of car front/rear wheels at the same time. flipping back and forth can't really get the full impact. maybe car will settle some also how do they perform,the ride, quiet, what? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Maybe it looks fine, who knows, who cares?

I'll wait untill the new wheels show up. The O.D. will be 1/2" larger or more.

Don't ask me about the brakes. I haven't even had a chance to go 20 miles putt-putting down the road.

They look cool, and makes my wife want to hump me tonight. So I got my $$worth.

It's like jewelry for the wheels. We are never planning on ripping up a road course in our grocery getter. I'm more into drag racing, myself.

not trying to cause trouble but you need a picture showing the full side of car front/rear wheels at the same time. flipping back and forth can't really get the full impact. maybe car will settle some also how do they perform,the ride, quiet, what? bosco

Oh, the3 good??

Car rides AWSOME!!!!!!+1

I also installed the LCA bushings to add a little castor.

Snaps back to center with authority on the highway! Very good!!! I will now stand up and say......

My Legacy feels better than my 07 vette....no Chit!!

Spring rate seems matched to the struts/shocks. No bouncing, like cheap honda low-riders.

I hit a few exit ramps, but the weather was 8F yesterday morning, and lower teens this morning....plenty of salt on the road too.

Feels like my old STi (yes I had one of those too), but better steering feedback. Not too bumpy for me. My last car was a Lotus Elise, but it was pretty smooth.

I have the stock swaybars for now. Just wanted to get this over with to see if they are necessary. I think not for me.

Camera is dead.....left keys inside the first time....more pics soon.

^ this i have to see. so the ride is good not to harsh? bosco

btw i have a 03 Z06 :)

It is very nice. It seems someone has done research and developed these just right.

My vette gets very upset in the rear over bumps that hit both wheels are the same time. It will kick out like a truck. The chassis has a little side-to-side lateral movement that takes a few too many sways to settle down.

The vette has a variable ratio assist steering rack, that gets too heavy at speed, and too loose around town. No win. poor feel.

The legacy is solid!@

Remember I have the ridged wagon. I believe even Subaru preferers this over the sedan.....I followed, but they both have a good solid feel.

Did you guys see the road racing wagon from Subaru in Drive magazine? Silver with fuel cell, full cage, etc.

Oh, the3 good??

Car rides AWSOME!!!!!!+1

Spring rate seems matched to the struts/shocks. No bouncing, like cheap honda low-riders.

Feels like my old STi (yes I had one of those too), but better steering feedback. Not too bumpy for me.

Camera is dead.....left keys inside the first time....more pics soon.

Thanks for the feedback on the ride quality! I can't wait to put on mine, maybe bosco is excited too :)

Please post full side view of the car. ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the ride quality! I can't wait to put on mine, maybe bosco is excited too :)

Please post full side view of the car. ;)

will post a full write up tommorrow if all goes according to plan. getting garage ready as we speak will have before and after pics and a complete reveiw with all the questions you really want to know answered. :lol: can't wait stay tuned. bosco

^ get it? stay tuned :lol:

btw it will be in my thread "Bilstein HD install day"

Stay Stock Stay Happy

From someone who's Legacy sits fine on Spec-B Bilsteins and pinks....

- The Sedan rear springs will cause a wagon to sag in the rear, that's why they make different springs for sedan & wagon.

- The rear wheel well is smaller than the front and sometimes gives an optical illusion that the rear is lower. The only way to tell hoe mush the front & rear was lowered was to measure before and after the install at all 4 wheel arches...

Looks fine to me in the pics...

- The Sedan rear springs will cause a wagon to sag in the rear, that's why they make different springs for sedan & wagon.

- The rear wheel well is smaller than the front and sometimes gives an optical illusion that the rear is lower. The only way to tell hoe mush the front & rear was lowered was to measure before and after the install at all 4 wheel arches...

Looks fine to me in the pics...

i measured mine at the rocker panels, level with in an 1/16" give or take. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I have removed the 100lb difference between the wagon and sedan. I have said that ,many many times now.

Also, I have tried an empty tank of gas....still looks funny.

The real reason my car looks funny is not the rear springs. I'm tired of saying that over and over. The front struts and Spec B top hat make the front pop up 1".

^ let's see how mine goes with wagon specific rear springs (2038021010). but i am still waiting for them to arrive. i already have the tophats & spring seats (F & R) & front dust caps. All b'new so I can pre-sassemble the struts before swapping them.

I have removed the 100lb difference between the wagon and sedan. I have said that ,many many times now.

Also, I have tried an empty tank of gas....still looks funny.

The real reason my car looks funny is not the rear springs. I'm tired of saying that over and over. The front struts and Spec B top hat make the front pop up 1".

Wrong, you cannot remove the glass and metal that makes the wagon weigh more in the rear, removing the spare tire isn't going to compensate for this. Your problem has nothing to do with the Spec B top hats, it has to do with sedan specific springs being installed on a wagon. Argue this all you'd like but there are plenty here running Spec-B top hats, Bilsteins & pinks that have no problems what-so-ever.

Before you say that, I'll say that I have a 2500lb or less WRX in my driveway right now. (Actually it's in a 24'enclosed trailer in my backyard)

I have a subaru with a fuel cell, rollcage, built 2.2engine, dog-box, R200 rear diff, aluminum one piece driveshaft, nitrous and alky, etc......and plenty more bastard toys. Built my own tranny, had custom 4th gear made just for me...most of the original car is gone....

I can get my Wagon lighter than you think. Don't underestimate me. I just havn't whipped out the torch yet.

But, I agree with you guys and will try the wagon specific springs....I guess I was just thinking the front would sit lower regardless.

Sorry for my miltiple threads with non-sense speculation and repetitive questions

Archived