LegacyGT.com

Help, uneven lowering questions

turbo2nr

I have the new Bilsteins and STi pink springs.

Rear is lower by about 3/4"

Front is the exact same???

I reused my OEM rubber/metal pad that sits on top of the spring. I called SOA and see that there is a different part number for the Spec-B vs/ GT. Is this the reason I have no drop in the front?? Do I need the Spec-b rubber plate for my new stuff? The mechanic mentioned nothing about not fitting, but we both agree the car looks a little stupid the way it sits now.

I even have my spare tire out, and lighter exhaust.

I have the new Bilsteins and STi pink springs.

Rear is lower by about 3/4"

Front is the exact same???

I reused my OEM rubber/metal pad that sits on top of the spring. I called SOA and see that there is a different part number for the Spec-B vs/ GT. Is this the reason I have no drop in the front?? Do I need the Spec-b rubber plate for my new stuff? The mechanic mentioned nothing about not fitting, but we both agree the car looks a little stupid the way it sits now.

I even have my spare tire out, and lighter exhaust.

pics? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Of course I have the proper tophat, otherwise I'd not be driving.

I have JDM pinks, and the Spec-B top-hat

The car did not lower one bit in the front.....I even have the heavier AT. These new Bilstein struts are becoming a PITA for me!!

what is the part # of the springs? did you measure or take pictures before and after? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Bottom line.....the new Bilsteins from allshock/Bilstein does not fit our cars, even if you get the Spec-B top hat...the car is still 1/2" higher in the front! Looks stupid!

No help from Allshock.com

Bilstein will/has changed the application for these struts

I'm pissed off!

what is the part # of the springs? did you measure or take pictures before and after? bosco

Forget about the pics, you know what a legacy looks like.

Now imagine a legacy lower in the rear and maybe just a little higher in the front, like popping a WHEELIE. dumb

from this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50074 i take it that you have a wagon

from this one http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51894 it looks like you got sedan rear springs

that alone says you got the wrong springs in the rear hence the sag. if i assume that your vendor got the front springs whose PN ends in 1000 too like your rears, then that explains the raised front.

if you are an MT wagon (BP) then your correct springs' PN should end in 1010

Forget about the pics, you know what a legacy looks like.

Now imagine a legacy lower in the rear and maybe just a little higher in the front, like popping a WHEELIE. dumb

damn....don't take it on bosco....he's about to do a similar install.

:argue:

from this thread .........

The difference in weight, the wagon vs/ sedan has been eliminated by me removing the spare tire, jack, and installing a lighter exhaust.. I already posted that.

There is no difference now. I ordered the sedan springs on purpose.

Also, I have the AT, but ordered the springs for a MT.....my front SHOULD be lower, NOT higher than before.

My rear dropped about 1/2".....as expected. You guys seem to think my rear is sagging too much...not so. It is perfect. The front is f'd up because the Spec-b tophat is taller than the OEM unit.

Is there a possibility that the JDM top-hat is different than the US spec-B?

One of my questions was about the spring seat....the rubber coated metal pad that is UNDER the tophat. I already have the right top-hat, but I am re-using my OEM spring pad.

Is there different thickness avaliable for the spring seat?

Manufactures have these "shims" sometimes.

you said that per SOA, front spring seats are different. maybe that is it. do you have PN for Spec B spring seat?

also what is the PN of your front pinks, you did not answer that.

SOA was cornfused, just as most of you when I first asked about this rubber coated metal pad.....they thought I was talking about the top hat, and gave me those numbers again.....so I called back. All the spring seats have the same number, is their story now.(Who knows??)

What part number for the pinks huh? Why? Have you heard of a set that raises your car? When I look at the spring avaliable...they all say avarage lowering .6" , just different spring rates avaliable (harshness). Am I wrong??

I ain't got no flipping part number. I threw away the box a long time ago.

What part number for the pinks huh? Why? Have you heard of a set that raises your car? When I look at the spring avaliable...they all say avarage lowering .6" , just different spring rates avaliable (harshness). Am I wrong??

Yes you are wrong. All pinks have the same rate, only different lengths to compensate for tranny. Maybe SpecB pinks have a tad higher rate.

Unclemat is selling AT sedan pinks and JDM OEM springs. Try that and see what happens.

Yes you are wrong. All pinks have the same rate, only different lengths to compensate for tranny.

Unclemat is selling AT sedan pinks and JDM OEM springs. Try that and see what happens.

Thanks anyway.:icon_conf I don't want TALLER springs. I believe I have the sedan MT springs, which should be lower in the front. My rear weighs the same as a sedan, so don't factor the Wagon in.

SOA was cornfused, just as most of you when I first asked about this rubber coated metal pad.....they thought I was talking about the top hat, and gave me those numbers again.....so I called back. All the spring seats have the same number, is their story now.(Who knows??)

I ain't got no flipping part number. I threw away the box a long time ago.

even though you jumped on me about the pics and a measurement i'll still try to help out anyway. the pinks i have are part #ST2033021010 the fronts have 2 "orange" painted dots near the top, the rears have 2 "white" dots near the top can you see what painted dots are on yours it might help with the confusion. will let forum know the outcome of my install on the 10th. bosco

btw my car with stock struts/shocks and Tein H-Techs is 25 1/8" front, 25" rear to top of fender wheel

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I want you to have this issue resolved because I also have the exact set-up that I will install = Bilstein HD+pinks

I ordered pinks from rallispec and they have yet to arrive. I got 2033021010 (F) & 2038021010 ®...the correct set for BP MT.

Bosco will be installing his this Saturday, let's see what happens.

Yes you are wrong. All pinks have the same rate, only different lengths to compensate for tranny. Maybe SpecB pinks have a tad higher rate.

I hate to break it to you, but the pinks are avaliable in different spring rates, but the same ride height. That's why I'm wondering why the heck you keep asking me what part number. They ALL, I mean ALL eight different springs lower the exact same! OK, there are four versions for the sedan, and four for the wagon.

Some auto, some manual, some super-stiff, some just stiff.

I realize that our car have a 100lb variation between all the models, and the springs are tweeked just a tad. But my car is looking WAY off.

39.0N/mm and 59.0N/mm are the two different spring rates according to http://www.japanparts.com

OK, check it......I, on purpose, bought the sedan springs, for a MT, hoping for more drop in the front, as I thought the car looked nose high to begin with. I ended up not happy so far. There is no better spring from Subaru for my front, unless I am wrong?

I hate to break it to you, but the pinks are avaliable in different spring rates, but the same ride height. That's why I'm wondering why the heck you keep asking me what part number. They ALL, I mean ALL eight different springs lower the exact same! OK, there are four versions for the sedan, and four for the wagon.

Some auto, some manual, some super-stiff, some just stiff.

I realize that our car have a 100lb variation between all the models, and the springs are tweeked just a tad. But my car is looking WAY off.

39.0N/mm and 59.0N/mm

OK, check it......I, on purpose, bought the sedan springs, for a MT, hoping for more drop in the front, as I thought the car looked nose high to begin with. I ended up not happy so far. There is no better spring from Subaru for my front, unless I am wrong?

There are only 6 spring PNs

ST2033021000/1010/1020 fronts

ST2038021000/1010/1020 rears

bosco and I are trying to help but please keep your attitude in check. hope you solve your problem

I want you to have this issue resolved because I also have the exact set-up that I will install = Bilstein HD+pinks

I ordered pinks from rallispec and they have yet to arrive. I got 2033021010 (F) & 2038031010 ®...the correct set for BP MT.

Bosco will be installing his this Saturday, let's see what happens.

mine came from http://www.racecompengineering.com they came f/r in one box, f/r in another box both boxes numbered ST 2033021010. front has two "orange"dots, rear has two "white" dots. front springs measure 9 1/4" long rears are 12" long uninstalled. yours are? bosco

install on the 10th come hell or high water :lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Had a bad day....yes, you can tell

Been to alignment shop 3x

Had to hold their hand, and show them the eccentric bolt for camber.

Then the steering wheel was way offf.

Car on the rack three times.

Lost plenty of hours this week dorking around....still more labor and fun to come!! Great!

Archived