LegacyGT.com

Next gen Legacy wagon spy shot?

I found some spy shots also...

If you look carefully to the ground, they have exactly the same pattern. And what's more: the white path with low sticks at both sides appears also in both pictures. That's why I think these are two examples of Subaru prototypes, that could be or not the final version, but they give us some hints of what's coming.

Cheers.

Keep dreaming dude :lol:

1568211018_NewBitmapImage(2).JPG.913383cc1d815fe873dfec79fb6c5887.JPG

Sorry but that 'spy shot' looks looks way too close the current model. Where's the changes?

The belt line crease is practically identical... the rear window treatment is the same as is the roof line angle tapering towards the back.

It looks like they taped up the tail lights to get a different look. But the glass does look more raked and aggressive (smaller windows nearing the back).

Hmmm.... what the hell is this wagon?

IBnewV70Rwagon:p

It still looks nice, all they did though was an a G35ish crease at the bottom. The windows look a bit smaller in the back you're right and I'm assuming there's a different front fascia. Doesn't look like there's the strip across the back on this either. Either way, probably won't be here by the time I get a new car so oh well.

He didn't say it was for the US. JDM Legacy wagons still outsell the sedans.

Thank you.

And yeah, wagons in Japan outsell sedans 10 to 1.

I like what I see in the spy shot. Very evolutionary change, but that's good. Current styling is really good (the best Subaru ever produced), so would like to see an evolution of it rather than something totally new.

That pic makes the car look really small. NASIOC was thinking Impreza Proto.

The front engine compartment looks too small. And if you use the size of the sunroof as a reference, the car is a lot smaller than a standard LGT wagon..from the looks of the picture. Of course the picture isn't the best quality, so who knows if it accurately captured the image.

And then, of course, we can speculate what is inside of the net gen LGT. I for one would like to see direct injection standard and either a twin scroll setup or variable geometry turbo (maybe too expensive for standard LGT, but maybe STI) and at least 300 hp at the crank. If they could deliver a more even powerband straight out of the factory also that would be great. Another critical item would be to offer a sport suspension or package above the standard LGT similar to Audi and BMW's offerings. Their stock setups are sporty enough, but there are some of us who yearn for more control out of our daily drivers and do not want to void warranty with aftermarket parts.

Unfortunately SUVs and Crossovers are the forced american Rage. The legacy wagon just does not fit here until we become less SUVish. I love my LGT wagon but it rides too low for anything other than street driving. The outback is much better at both for most people.

Personally I thought the outback and Forester floated around alot on the highway and down the off ramps. Japan has it right with wagons out selling sedans, we just dont get it.

But I will be the first to say that a wagon just dont get no respect! Its funny when I used to call my WRX a wagon and people would say, "no its not a wagon its a 5 door or a hatchback". Even when people like the way it looks they dont call it a wagon. Oh well.

I don't know how it's more "right" that wagons outsell sedans. Some don't need the utility and like the looks better. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I do think that wagons are very useful and probably more suitable for most than large SUVs. That's my gripe. And of course the stigma is still there w/ wagons.

You got me there, actually its my dogs that dictate my choice of a wagon, I would probably have a 2 seater if it wasnt for them. Would of rather had a STI Sedan, with the big wing that says stop me mr police man!

Damn those greyhounds, if they were only 10 lbs and small I could get what ever I wanted! LOL

Or is it Damn SOA for not building a STI 350hp wagon? With leather seats and a BIG moon roof?

No manual = no sale for me. They make sense for some people, just not for me.

I have a friend with an A3 and DSG. I made the mistake of saying he had an automatic. Talk about defensive :lol: . To me, if the car shifts gears for you, it's an automatic. I understand the DSG technology, faster at the track, blah, blah...still an automatic, still boring.

Archived