LegacyGT.com

Even SOA admits the Tribeca is ugly outside

kanoswrx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about this? I bet soon you could get 'the old Tribeca' real cheep...

Subaru design shakeup: company scraps unpopular grille design

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/subaru-tribeca.jpg

Say goodbye to Subaru's "propeller nose." The aircraft-inspired grille and front fascia will become a thing of the past as the Japanese automaker rolls out new models over the coming years, reports Australia's Herald-Sun. Company spokesman David Rowley told the newspaper the new face — most recently introduced on the Impreza last September — received mixed reviews at best. Arguably, the interpretation on the Tribeca crossover was even less popular. "It's fair to say the design will not appear on future Subarus," Rowley told the newspaper. Subaru design chief Andreas Zapatinas is believed to have been fired last month, though it's unclear what (if any) involvement he had in the highly-criticized designs during his short tenure.

You know what would make the Becca look better? A turbo or two. Then it would be like that girl who wasn't much to look at but at least she put out. :icon_bigg

Too bad Acura already has a turbo SUV out. Oh not like Subaru would advertise well anyway.

......I think Subaru should release their mini van in the states......with a twin turbo :icon_cool

I have sat in the Tribeca and must warn you all. They did an awful job with the ergonomics. I am only 6' tall, hardly a giant. The steering wheel is too far to reach unless you put the seat very far forward; and then my knees are smashed into the lower dash. The console that flows into the instrument panle looks cool (to some people), but does not work!!!!

I have sat in the Tribeca and must warn you all. They did an awful job with the ergonomics. I am only 6" tall, hardly a giant. The steering wheel is to far to reach unless you put the seat very far forward; and then my knees are smashed into the lower dash. The console that flows into the instrument panle looks cool (to some people), but does not work!!!!

Well I'd think the wheel would be hard to reach when you're 6 inches tall. ;)

Guest Gitster
Yeah im pretty sure in the specifications in the manual, 6" wont cut it. I mean my sister is only 4'10" and she sits basically all the way up on the seat, if she gets into an accident, she will probably be killed. I cant imagine trying to drive if your only 6" tall. It must be quite the task, how old are you anyways? Are you in your first trimester? You must still be in the womb, im surprised you have the ability to post on this board. Either that or you are some sort of advanced life form i dont even know about.

I am only 6" tall, hardly a giant. The steering wheel is to far to reach unless you put the seat very far forward; and then my knees are smashed into the lower dash.

I feel like our Legacy is a little like this (but not horrible). If I bring my seat up enough to be close to the steering wheel, my legs are bent quite and bit and get a lil fatigued. Also wish I didn't have to push so far to engage the clutch. Then my legs could be laid out and comfy.

A lot of people now drive with the seat too far back and their arms are straight out without a slight bend in the elbows. That is really not the best for control of the car. In Germany at regualr driver's training courses, or in the USA at High Performance Driving classses, they teach you to bring the seat forward so that you have at least a 45 degree bend in your arms. Try it for a week or 2 and you will see how much better you can drive.

My clutch determines where my legs need to be, which in turn limits how close I can get to the wheel. I usually scoot up the seat for serious driving.

Automatics are easy to sit wherever... Its not like you need your legs to be anywhere specific.

^^^

With 3.6L to work with, 300HP should be easy.

300HP SUV's are really becoming the norm nowadays. Like Wukin' said, if the power output gets a bump, I'd be all over it for a family SUV.

(And I like the exterior!):hide:

I'm sorry, but I think the dash is effin ugly too.

Yep, and people thought upgrading the weak audio in the LGT was a PITA. Your only choice with that is cleansweep. Which will sound great but you're stuck 100% with the lame headunit and the nav from three years ago.

Yep, and people thought upgrading the weak audio in the LGT was a PITA. Your only choice with that is cleansweep. Which will sound great but you're stuck 100% with the lame headunit and the nav from three years ago.

the LGT has weak audio?? I mean its not a TL but its a perfectly fine system.

I love my car ... basically.

The tribeca one of the best looking interiors I have ever seen or sat in. I love that interior I wish they would incorporate it more to the other lineup in Subaru. Even though it would be hard to recieve some road pleasure with the divided front seats hehe. Anyways the exterior of a vehicle doesnt bother me as much as a weak, flimsy cheap looking dash *cough Chevy cough*. I have owned a GM product before yes I will admit it but at least it was an escalade. I even think the tribeca interior was better then the caddy. I neevr road in a tribeca so I cant comment on if the ride quality can even compare which I think is highly doubtful.

Archived