LegacyGT.com

Even SOA admits the Tribeca is ugly outside

kanoswrx

Yep, and people thought upgrading the weak audio in the LGT was a PITA. Your only choice with that is cleansweep. Which will sound great but you're stuck 100% with the lame headunit and the nav from three years ago.

welcome to OEM audio/interior design ca. 1998. Integrated audio is the norm now, not the exception.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should tune it for more torque than hp, but they wont. Right now the Tribeca has 245 hp and only 215 lb/ft. My guess is it will have around 280 hp and 250 lb/ft of torque.
The new 3.6L will be very close to 256HP @ 6000 RPM and 247lb/ft @ 4400 RPM. And don't forget that this is on regular gas. You should also expect a slight fuel economy bump over the EZ30R, too.

Seeing that we have owned our B9 for almost a year I can tell you my wife and I have absolutely no complaints with it. It has had no problems and it drives better than any SUV that I have driven. Is the styling for everyone...no but we like it and at least it doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It is ultra refined with no interior rattles and H6 is probably the smoothest engine I have ever experienced. So don't hate and rank on it just because everyone else is and the press. Drive one for an extended period of time and many of you may change your mind.

Seeing that we have owned our B9 for almost a year I can tell you my wife and I have absolutely no complaints with it. It has had no problems and it drives better than any SUV that I have driven. Is the styling for everyone...no but we like it and at least it doesn't look like every other SUV on the road. It is ultra refined with no interior rattles and H6 is probably the smoothest engine I have ever experienced. So don't hate and rank on it just because everyone else is and the press. Drive one for an extended period of time and many of you may change your mind.

I don't think anyone is slagging the quality, but I for one, could never drive a car that I didn't like the look of, no matter how well it was made or drove.

I don't think anyone is slagging the quality, but I for one, could never drive a car that I didn't like the look of, no matter how well it was made or drove.

Maybe so....I like how it looks and it's well documented the look isn't for everyone, but would you rather drive and look at an Explorer or Trailblazer? Seeing 10 every mile I drive isn't for me. Throw in the fact the B9 leases for about $100 less per month than a comparably equipped Explorer or Trailblazer and it's was a no brainer for us.

Maybe so....I like how it looks and it's well documented the look isn't for everyone, but would you rather drive and look at an Explorer or Trailblazer? Seeing 10 every mile I drive isn't for me. Throw in the fact the B9 leases for about $100 less per month than a comparably equipped Explorer or Trailblazer and it's was a no brainer for us.

Domestics just don't come into the equation, either the CX-7 or RDX would get my vote, now if only Subaru had made an SUV that looked like either of those and they would have had a winner.

;971199']The new 3.6L will be very close to 256HP @ 6000 RPM and 247lb/ft @ 4400 RPM. And don't forget that this is on regular gas. You should also expect a slight fuel economy bump over the EZ30R' date=' too.[/quote']

I still wanna here more about this.

Those power specs are that special for a 3.6L. Unless they purposely tuned it that low to get better gas mileage. Which I guess makes some sense. But to be competitive with Toyota, 270 hp would have been better.

;971199']The new 3.6L will be very close to 256HP @ 6000 RPM and 247lb/ft @ 4400 RPM. And don't forget that this is on regular gas. You should also expect a slight fuel economy bump over the EZ30R' date=' too.[/quote']

Where did you get those numbers? I understand EcuTek supports the current Tribeca. Any idea what kind of numbers would result from a tune? Especially on 93 octane?

If they improve the exterior and increase towing capacity to the 5,000 lb range, I may consider a Tribeca for '08. I want to get a bigger boat, but need the towing capacity first (even though I only tow my current boat all of 1/2 mile a year...1/4 mile from my garage to the launch ramp in the Spring and again from the ramp to my garage in the Fall...).

I could live with the exterior.......the total lack of power I could not:(

Wheels & springs do alot for the looks.....

The Tribeca needs 320hp/320ftlb in stock trim to truly catch my eye....& to be honest be competitive

Competitive with what? An X5 V8 or a Cayenne? Nothing in its class comes close to those hp figures.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool but you're asking for a bit much. That said, if the 3.6L engine puts out the same specific hp as the 3.0, that will be 300hp. I doubt it will though.

Archived