LegacyGT.com

Honda making good looking cars again?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/08/2008-honda-accord-coupe-concept-unveiled/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/07/acura-previews-2008-nsx-with-advanced-sports-car-concept/

Both of these cars are F*ing sexy ...

the accord looks like a copy of a skyline to me but that NSX ... F*ing sexy car.

I love my car ... basically.

As a guy who's owned 4 Honda Autos in the last 15 years, I am excited about these designs. Bringing some passion back to the line!

The NSX is going to be very exciting.

Does anone else see the Accord resembling the Dodge Charger from the front 3/4?

i would guess its going to be the best 80K (Estimate) Ferrari beater ever made

They're saying that about the new Supra coming too.... but the new Skyline is specing to be a complete beast. That Nurburgring video of the skyline was pretty awesome.

The Skyline will fall into the M5 / RS6 territory whereas the NSX and (I think) Supra will fall into Gallardo and F430 pure sports-car territory.

-Going to be damn hard to beat an F430 though... it makes the old 360 look like a Buick.

They're saying that about the new Supra coming too.... but the new Skyline is specing to be a complete beast. That Nurburgring video of the skyline was pretty awesome.

The Skyline will fall into the M5 / RS6 territory whereas the NSX and (I think) Supra will fall into Gallardo and F430 pure sports-car territory.

-Going to be damn hard to beat an F430 though... it makes the old 360 look like a Buick.

I'll take that Buick over a Skyline / Supra / NSX any day. Might not be as fast but it's still a Ferrari

I'll take that Buick over a Skyline / Supra / NSX any day. Might not be as fast but it's still a Ferrari

True True.

I still remember the first time I saw a 360 parked in a real-world setting. I must have stared at the rear carbon diffuser and engine for 5 minutes.:lol:

Good for Honda!

I'm glad to see and read that they have these concept designs. About the most risque mainstream look they have going for them is the new Civic. Then again, if the new Civic has been so well accepted by the consumer, their thinking might be that these new designs will be as well?

It will be very interesting to see if Honda actually keeps the styling elements when it moves from concept to reality. With the Accord coupe being intended to replace the Prelude, it's about time they start giving it a little more aggressive styling. Rumors say it will have a 280 HP V6 as well.

what a waste to being that honda makes such great transmissions.

And some terrible ones, the automatics. But yeah, their manuals are some of the best around.

The Accord has too short a hood on it to have proper GT proportions, which is just as well since it will be FWD. It almost resembles an Audi TT in it's proportions, except the flow of the car is more angular than rounded.

The Acura looks as if it were pirated off of a current Cadillac concept vehicle. That is not a horrible thing, as Cadillac's new design language is pretty good, but it would be nice to see the Japanese come up with something orriginal for once that wasn't hideous.

I give both efforts D-'s for lack of originality, and copy-catting others.

Too clinical and soulless for me. Getting closer to good design, but something is still too appliance-like and slab-sided for me.

The NSX replacement is kinda strange with the c-pillar, and the odd shape in the rear hatch area, and the Accord coupe is just somehow too blocky. The four exhaust ports are odd, too.

Jag C-XF, Aston V8 Vantage, Porsche 997, or F430 for me, thanks.

Archived