LegacyGT.com

Does anyone check there LGT for door dings every time you come back ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always park far. Especially at supermarkets. Been hit by a runaway carriage and have come to my car with a carriage attached to the rear bumper. All in the first week fro when I bought my car. It was my Impreza. Before my LGT. Now I park farther than before.
Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

I try to park as far as possible... when I feel that there is a chance the owner of the car next to mine may damage my car, I'll take a picture of their plates with my mobile phone... you can never be too paranoid. :)

Cheers!

HELL YES!!!! but i actually go one step further, call me nutz

i normally park next to nicer cars, but when my neighbors are questionable i actually write down the plate numbers on a post it and leave in my glove box. :lol:

im serious. luckily so far my baby hasnt been abused yet. only 4 small rock chips on hood and 2 on bumper

I've been know to write down the plate # if I think there car is suspect …but I usually park in the middle of no wear...drives the old lady nuts...but the cell phone idea is better...:icon_mrgr

Never worry about it @ work....I have a special spot;)

Now when I am out other places I always park where one side is against a curb. Yes I do check the side not protected though....

ditto...on both accounts. but i like the idea of flipping the wipers on asshatz!:lol:

Yup! I have approximately seven dings in mine.

Six of them are under the side mouldings on the left side. The car was delivered with them.

My daughter did the seventh, in the garage getting into my truck, parked next to it.

I try to park as far as possible... when I feel that there is a chance the owner of the car next to mine may damage my car, I'll take a picture of their plates with my mobile phone... you can never be too paranoid. :)

Cheers!

Amen, it's what I do and it comes in handy! Had mine fixed by the "offenders" insurance. I park far away from others as well, but that doesn't always work.:( A good "beat-down" is sometimes called for, bit I TRY to stay within the confines of the law.:icon_wink

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I always check & always park in east overshoe to avoid dings. Also scope out suspicious looking vehicles parked next to me.

It'd be much less stressful to drive a sh*tbox, but then again when I go to sell my cars I always sell them to the first person that looks at them b/c they look like new.

OCD FTW!

Since I have a pearl paint, repairs can be very expensive. I always try to park in the back 40, but it's not always an option. If I have to park next to someone, suspicious or not, I take a pic of their tag. If they ding me I want their insurance paying for it and the pic is free.

A funny similar story: Our first new car was a decked out Wrangler. Now I'm not the type to baby my Wrangler, but I don't just tear it up and I always protect my paint as much as possible. Anyway, about 2 months after we got it, I noticed a bunch of nicks on the edge of the door and thought it must be some sort of defect that I need to ask the dealer about and so I mentioned to my wife that she should have them look at it when she took it in for service and she replied, "Oh no, those happen because I park near a brick wall at work and when I open my door, it hits the wall." HITS!!! PLURAL!!! It happened more than once! I was so mad, but apparently, it's against the law to beat her.

I thought I was the only paranoid one here...checking dents on a subaru. lol. I do the whole "park far away" thing...and I've even gone one step further at my apartment. Since my bastard neighbors (all college students) drive crap boxes and care less about door dings...I purchased a $300 '90 Ford Ranger and block the right parking spot with it. To the left of me is the good 'ol parking curb. ;)

Crazy? Yeah...like a f'ing fox.

Archived