LegacyGT.com

Does anyone check there LGT for door dings every time you come back ?

LOL, I love your solution... buy a sacrificial car. That's also the ideal answer for people who want to borrow your car (e.g. wife). Do you have to insure the Ranger?

I thought I was the only paranoid one here...checking dents on a subaru. lol. I do the whole "park far away" thing...and I've even gone one step further at my apartment. Since my bastard neighbors (all college students) drive crap boxes and care less about door dings...I purchased a $300 '90 Ford Ranger and block the right parking spot with it. To the left of me is the good 'ol parking curb. ;)

Crazy? Yeah...like a f'ing fox.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, I love your solution... buy a sacrificial car. That's also the ideal answer for people who want to borrow your car (e.g. wife). Do you have to insure the Ranger?

Haha, I don't even have plates on the Ranger. lol. It's literally a $300 parking space blocker. It hasn't been started in 2 months and gets about 4 new door dings every week....on the opposite side as the legacy of course. ;)

Oh, and I don't have to worry about the wife thing. I'm just a lowly college kid...and all my friends/roommates drive imports. So there's no borrowing either. heh.

I thought I was the only paranoid one here...checking dents on a subaru. lol. I do the whole "park far away" thing...and I've even gone one step further at my apartment. Since my bastard neighbors (all college students) drive crap boxes and care less about door dings...I purchased a $300 '90 Ford Ranger and block the right parking spot with it. To the left of me is the good 'ol parking curb. ;)

Crazy? Yeah...like a f'ing fox.

that's really cool :icon_bigg

I check everytime and I found two the other day that I caused myself QUOTE]

welcome to the forum. question how do you cause your own door ding? :lol: that must be like sticking your dick out the window and trying to phuck the world. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Guilty. Especially after wife drives it. This past Saturday I left a note and attached a shopping cart to a Dodge Durango’s trailer hitch that parked diagonally in the spot next to mine. (sorry no pic, but trust me it felt great)

Only two things are forever....diamonds and doordings!

If you drive in Florida add Cracked windshields to that list also, I'll be getting my 3rd one installed next week:(:(

Damn rockhaulers!!!!!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I walked outside today to find a mens size 6 foot print on my hood.

Dent to match....

a "man" with size 6? wow thats a little man.... Be glad it wasnt bigfoot!

And yes i check every time.....

tHe HoV

Few days after I got my Legacy, I parked on a side street, and headed to get some groceries. Half way up the block a woman driver was struggling to parallel park, more than enough room for her Mazda Protoge, when our our eyes met for a split second. I got an uneasy feeling about this. Upon returning to my Legacy, she went and parked her car behind mine instead, and lo and behold her front bumper in contact with mine. I moved a couple of feet ahead, checked my bumper, paint chip from her front plate bolts. :icon_mad: I lost it. A mysterious, uncontrollable, external force suddenly started taking control of my entire arm. Holding tightly the huge Subaru key in my hand, and sticking out between my fingers, the force slowly, and accurately, guided the key twice over the hood, and once across her bumper. Can't tell you how good that felt!! WOW:icon_mrgr

I moved a couple of feet ahead, checked my bumper, paint chip from her front plate bolts. :icon_mad: I lost it. A mysterious, uncontrollable, external force suddenly started taking control of my entire arm. Holding tightly the huge Subaru key in my hand, and sticking out between my fingers, the force slowly, and accurately, guided the key twice over the hood, and once across her bumper. Can't tell you how good that felt!! WOW:icon_mrgr

I can't tell you how disgusted I am with your action and your gloating about it here.

Why the hell do you think this was acceptable behavior on your part?

Yes, she had an accident. Yes, she should have stuck around or left you a note in order to make things right. Perhaps she didn't know she'd done damage. She did wrong, but you did far a greater wrong. You should NEVER have passed judgement and taken revenge, especially so excessively. You are a disgrace to your fellow Subaru owners and this excellent forum.

i'm really not sure the punishment fit the crime.:(

Few days after I got my Legacy, I parked on a side street, and headed to get some groceries. Half way up the block a woman driver was struggling to parallel park, more than enough room for her Mazda Protoge, when our our eyes met for a split second. I got an uneasy feeling about this. Upon returning to my Legacy, she went and parked her car behind mine instead, and lo and behold her front bumper in contact with mine. I moved a couple of feet ahead, checked my bumper, paint chip from her front plate bolts. :icon_mad: I lost it. A mysterious, uncontrollable, external force suddenly started taking control of my entire arm. Holding tightly the huge Subaru key in my hand, and sticking out between my fingers, the force slowly, and accurately, guided the key twice over the hood, and once across her bumper. Can't tell you how good that felt!! WOW:icon_mrgr

Paint damage equals paint damage. His zeal and intent balanced out her carelessness and indifference. While not condoning illegal activity, I would stop short of calling it excessive. Leaving the scene of an accident is a serious crime. She knew she had hit a car but didn't care. Maybe she checked for damage and didn't think it was serious enough to follow up with a note, maybe she checked for damage and decided it wasn't serious enough to go park somewhere else. It would be nice to think she learned something from that night- if she was upset about her car's paint being damaged, perhaps she'll be a little more careful in the future, or at least more considerate.

Altroz, I respect your opinion. I am and have been respectful and careful of other peoples cars when I park next, behind, or in front of them, and I expect that respect and care in return for my car as well. As it turned out she was totally oblivious, negligent, careless etc. of what she done. Sure, the damage is minimal, but I invested thousands of $$$ on that car. If she had an ounce of sense in her, and backed up about a foot, instead of leaving her car right ON my bumper, I probably would not have noticed, and you would not be reading this. Although my actions may viewed as excessive by you or anyone else (everyone is entitled to their opinion), I did what I felt I had to to. Maybe she has learned her lesson, and be more careful.

Paint damage equals paint damage. His zeal and intent balanced out her carelessness and indifference. While not condoning illegal activity, I would stop short of calling it excessive. Leaving the scene of an accident is a serious crime. She knew she had hit a car but didn't care. Maybe she checked for damage and didn't think it was serious enough to follow up with a note, maybe she checked for damage and decided it wasn't serious enough to go park somewhere else. It would be nice to think she learned something from that night- if she was upset about her car's paint being damaged, perhaps she'll be a little more careful in the future, or at least more considerate.

+1

Excessive retaliation. The punishment does not fit the crime. Your bumper will not rust from slight cosmetic damage to the paint. In fact if you regularly park on the street, you WILL have other damage in the near future. She will have to have her hood painted because you likely went down to the bare metal. I agree, she is an inconsiderate idiot with no driving skill, but so are 95% of the other people out there. The main responsibility of your car not receiving any damage when left in public lies with you to leave it in a safe place.
It is still ugly.

Archived