LegacyGT.com

New Bilstiens and pinks have arrived!

turbo2nr

Well, here in 'lil old Australia I had two (2) choices when ordering the Billies from the Australian distributor:

• Sport - these are the ones I have - they are designed for lowering up to 25mm & are valved a gazillion times firmer than the OEM KYB pogo-sticks. They're paired with Whiteline Control springs & my 2.5i dropped by the following amounts (wheel centre to arch):

Front: Was 383mm Now 356mm Dropped 27mm

Rear: Was 376mm Now 359mm Dropped 17mm

The part numbers are:

BILSTEIN - B6 SPORT
(model number 006710)

Left front: VE3-B830

Right front: VE3-B831

Rear: BE5-B832

• Sprint - these are designed for lowering greater than 25mm. The shock shaft is shortened & the valving more agressive to prevent bottoming out. They are only necessary if you want to lower your car (too much :icon_wink ).

At no stage was I ever offered an "HD" model. I have no idea what you guys are talking about :lol:

Per the other Bilstein HD thread, we (at least I think we did) determine that the HD's were equivalent to the European "Sport" Moniker, while the US "Sport" version is equivalent to the European "Sprint" moniker. In the US our only option currently is the "HD" version, which I'm willing to wager has significantly increased levels of damping over the stock KYB's. Also, from what I have seen, many applications utilize the same valving on the HD and Sport models, although this is not always the case. The Sport models always utilize a shortened shaft for use with lowering springs.

I feel the HD's will prove to be a good match (read: much better than stock KYB) with lowering springs that offer moderate (1" or less) lowering.

BTW Hifi, do you have a link to a site that offers the "Sprint" models? I would be interested to see what these could be had for in American dollars.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the one business issue that I will never understand. It isn't like Bilstein has to develop a new product from scratch, they already have the good stuff in at least Japan and Australia. Just make it available here. Same with Tokico.
Ron

• 2 weeks later...

(Bump for me I guess??)

I'm doing rotors, wheels, tires, Bilsteins, springs, pads, AVO 420, AVO TMIC, fuel pump, Crucial DP, other exhaust etc, etc.

Waiting on a few more parts to come in.

Don't hold your breath.

The past couple of days I've been re-working my turbo.

May get housings coated, need to grind a little on the IC...

Waiting for wheels that are taking a while, it was expected....I hope they show up??

I need to head to MA to get my Buick up there for a racing shortblock installed soon, and I have another Subaru in a trailer that needs attention.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the AVO420/IC/Springs/shocks/struts/LCAbushing....all is well.

New Ebay Rotors/pads fit great, no funny noises after a few weeks of driving, no rusting on zinc or powdercoated rotors.

I have posted pics on here somewhere, I can't seem to upload them again...fatal error khfwhfkwehf

poke around in the suspension forum

Bilsteins fit fine, pinks look fine, and the ride is just like an STi

Looks mean, and now has the power to back it up.

I have posted pics on here somewhere, I can't seem to upload them again...fatal error khfwhfkwehf

i had the same problem with pictures that i had posted before when i tried to post them again i got a fatal error. the problem is/was something to do with the upgrades to the forum last week anyway all i had to do was re-size them to no more than 640x480 now they work fine. if you have a Mac i can tell you how to re-size them (laz helped me) if you use Windows your on your own. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived