LegacyGT.com

New Bilstiens and pinks have arrived!

turbo2nr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you'll need to machine anything. You'll just need to use the Spec B top hats.

My guess is that these are just JDM/World struts, that need the Spec B top hats, and should be used with JDM spec springs (e.g., STi pinks, Provas, JDM Teins, Swifts, etc.) USDM springs designed to be used with USDM top hats might be too big for these struts.

I agree. These are made for the pink springs, obviously.

Pink-Spec-b tops-Bilsteins=ahhhhhhh. nice.:wub:

A match made in heaven.

Got the whole deal for under $900, but now I need a few more things. Calling Liberty Subaru in the morn. Waiting for the JDM STi 18" wheels to come in, and some brake parts, turbo, IC, etc...

Overall....I'm feeling happy about the whole make-over for my wife's car. We're trying to make a pink and black vette-killa. I have a new vette to compare it against.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Panda-Racing-Pro_legacy_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfromZR10QQfsnZPandaQ20RacingQ20ProQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ10937382QQsofpZ0

Well, someone just bought his most recent set. Wait a day or two.

(pssssst.....here is one of my favorite, secret illegal places to buy don't tell ANYONE!1!!:icon_wink )

http://www.acromann.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=43

thanks, look like youll have to get the spec b tophats eh? damn i was hoping these would be a direct fit, ah well get these bad boys installed and post your opinions... some side shots of before/after would be nice, maybe some before/after measurements too?

im not asking for much :)

Pics are a sure thing!

I'll post the cost of the top-hats in the morn.

They should be here in a few days. I'm installing 18" STi wheels, and tires that are almost 1/2" taller by specs, not to mention my tires are worn-out, making the difference that much more. The fender gap will certianly be filled more.

Stay "tuned".......:lol:

I spoke with tech at Bilstein.

The ends of the strut tubes are friction welded on (just like a turbine wheel-to-shaft). (I was hoping they screwed on) They (Bilstien) said not to machine much off of the lip below the bearing bushing. I do not think I could remove enough off to make up the difference. The tube is not strong enough to support the bearing undersid3, so at least 2mm of the cast spacer should remain.

Does the US Spec-B have these shocks/struts?? Should I try the tops from one of those?? Any chance it might have the 7mm thick bearing?

(Edit, I see the above now.)

Scott

Why not machine down the 20MM thick tophat to 7MM thick like the JDM tophats? This is the route I would go before I buy another set of tophats, in order to keep my cars ride height the same as it is currently.

I would rather machine the parts that are $100pr rather than $600pr!

Why not machine down the 20MM thick tophat to 7MM thick like the JDM tophats? This is the route I would go before I buy another set of tophats, in order to keep my cars ride height the same as it is currently.

I would rather machine the parts that are $100pr rather than $600pr!

It goes thru a bearing that is also 20mm thick. Can't just trim it. I believe you must use the proper top. Please wait untill the morn...I'll post the lowest price on the USDM tops for the Spec-b. (which I hope is the same as the JDM top)

Scott

You guys know that the Bilstein top-hats raise the car by 1/2 inch right?

so if u use bilstein top hats (aka jdm aka usdm spec b??) AND the pinks along w/ the bilstein shocks it will lower my car car how much?

<---- runs to get aspirin from the headache and confusion :icon_bigg

You guys know that the Bilstein top-hats raise the car by 1/2 inch right?

I don't think they raise the height of the car so much as using JDM springs on USDM struts with USDM top hats lowers the car .5" more than it would on a JDM suspension.

E.g. JDM pinks are only supposed to lower the car 15 mm front and rear. JDM pinks on USDM struts lowers the car around .75" all around.

But, AFAIK, all things being equal, a stock JDM LGT should sit at the same height as a stock USDM LGT.

ok, ok so what is the exact parts list if i want a pink/bilstein combo?

anyone have side shots of pinks installed w/ bilsteins?

EDIT: after many headaches heres what i gather for a pink setup:

recipe =

1.jdm pinks

2.blistein shocks jdm or ones from allshock.com

3.jdm top hats or usdm spec b top hats (for the front only,can REUSE rear usdm?)

anything else i need? this should lower my car by about a half inch at all four corners?

this along w/ some good swaybars should yield a pretty nice handling LGT that isnt harsh around town?

Lucas??? "Anyone have a side pic of pinks and bilsteins?"
I can get you that side picture of something pink with a Blistien sticking out of it.

But it will be a week before I install this exact stuff on my LGT. Maybe less.

I will post the part numbers as soon as I get them.....in the morn.

Also www.allshocks.com has the strut/shock part number

www.bilstein.com

Scott

I can get you that side picture of something pink with a Blistien sticking out of it.

But it will be a week before I install this exact stuff on my LGT. Maybe less.

I will post the part numbers as soon as I get them.....in the morn.

Also www.allshocks.com has the strut/shock part number

www.bilstein.com

Scott

Damn...www.allshocks.com is dirt cheap!

Front Top Hat part number is: 20320AG01A and the dust cap for these top hats is: 20326AG000 available at any U.S./Canadian Subaru dealer. Rear USDM top hats work fine...

Archived