• Mazda wagon
    • BMW wagon
    • Dodge magnum wagon
    • Other japanese sedan
    • Other german sedan
    • Other american sedan
    • Legacy sedan
    • Outback wagon

Just bought a used 05 Legacy GT wagon over a new/lightly used S4 Avant. Really lusted after the S4, but the Legacy was just the better choice for us. Glad we got it since I think the S4 would have ended up being too small. I would have considered the V70R more if it wasn't at the end of its lifecycle.

When the 05 wears out (hopefully a long way down the road), maybe BMW will be making the turbo desiel 5 series wagon with a stick. Or the current version of the V70R. Or the S4 if it has gotten a bit bigger and still has a stick.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*cough*tail lights*cough* ;):icon_bigg

Who says I'm getting rid of the Legacy?

....unless I go test drive that new Audi RS4...then the Legacy goes...and I get no truck...

$66,000...available for order at U.S. dealers now...

[ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/122116/2007_audi_rs4/]Metacafe - Online Video Entertainment - Free video clips for your enjoyment[/ame]

Who says I'm getting rid of the Legacy?

....unless I go test drive that new Audi RS4...then the Legacy goes...and I get no truck...

$66,000...available for order at U.S. dealers now...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/122116/2007_audi_rs4/

The day you get an RS4 is the day I cut my pinky off.

:hide:

The day you get an RS4 is the day I cut my pinky off.

:hide:

:lol: True...If I had the cost of my Legacy and the cost of the Nissan Truck in my pocket....I'd still be about $5k short on the Audi!

As disgusted as I am to say this being a car guy, and loving BMW's products; I am more than likely going to replace the LGT with a 3/4 ton truck of some description. Rural South Dakota does not look to be a friendly place for a car, especially since I will be working on call 24/7 no matter what the weather is doing. When it snows out here apparently (according to the locals) it is deep enough that cars don't have enough ground clearance to go anywhere.

I bought my '05 GT wagon in July 2004 (brand new model). I love the car and have been loyal to Subaru for some time. (this is our third since Dec 2000).

If the LGT wagon goes away (now confirmed), I will likely leave Subaru. If I had to buy today, it would be an Acura MDX (more power and better style than Tribeca). I wish Subaru actually listened to their loyalty base, but their Marketing department seems clueless.

By the way, I stopped at a carwash on route 70 in NJ yesterday (about 3 miles from Subaru HQ). Two other car owners came up and inquired about my car (good looks, great color (Atl Blue), what is it?, looks stylish/fast, etc). I was shocked when they went back to their own cars. One guy drove a Dodge Stealth, the other was in a Nissan 350ZX. If sports car owners like these are intrigued by an LGT wagon, just imagine what they could do if they actually tried to market the car.

For anyone who suggests an Outback XT, I drove the cars back to back, and immediately felt the difference in handling. Good luck Subaru. You pushed me out of the Brand.

Nissan GT-R FTW..when they get here in 08-09

I'm sorta hoping to get married, become a 2-car household, and have one of those and an Outback wagon... But, maybe I could trade my LGT's cargo space for all that extra horsepower and beauty. More likely as a used car in 2010 though, if the $80k price rumours I've heard turn out to be correct.

Probably stick with a Legacy wagon (has to be 5spd.) or an M5 Touring wagon.

I might be convinced to trade up for a 08 LGT wagon with a 5spd, but I'd be taking a hit on my 05.. so maybe not.

Probably stick with a Legacy wagon (has to be 5spd.) or an M5 Touring wagon.

I might be convinced to trade up for a 08 LGT wagon with a 5spd, but I'd be taking a hit on my 05.. so maybe not.

Dude, there is NO 08 wagon. That's the purpose of this thread.

:confused:

Vote again.

I'm happy w/ the LGT so far and I think it's one of the best cars for under 30k new, but if I had more $ to spend I might consider a CTS-V, S4 or C-class AMG. Hopefuly an STi LGT will come to the states and I'll just get one of those :-)

-David

We just received our title/paid off letter for our 2005 LGT 5mt wagon(@24k miles). We love it and cannot see replacing it for another 8 years or when it hits 150k miles.

I am quite allergic to car payments.

If we had to replace it would be a midsize wagon preferrably sport oriented with a manual tranny which narrows the field incredibly.

I'm seriously considering trading in the Spec.b & FXT for the new LR2 this spring.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11313/2008-land-rover-lr2.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/11/30/land-rover-prices-new-lr2/\

I have worked at a Land Rover dealer for almost 6 years and the LR2 better not turn out like the Freelander did cause that car was JUNK. Land Rovers are super expensive to maintain, even the cheap ones. The freelander only needed to be serviced once a year or 12,000 miles but the 72,000 mile service is about 3 grand. Brakes aren't cheap either. Cheaper then range rovers but not "cheap"

-David

V70r

Likewise. Although not quite the bargain the LGT wagon is, the V70R probably has the stealth, flexibility, safety and performance that attracted some of us to the LGT wagon to begin with.

Ken

^^seriously?

Thats kind of a step down IMHO from an LGT

Seriously?? Have you driven this car? It's a very significant difference in handling, and straightline acceleration is very close too. M3 wins pretty easily.

^^seriously?

Thats kind of a step down IMHO from an LGT

I don't know if it will replace the Legacy, but I definitely want one to toy around with and go tracking with. Honestly, I think it looks better than the Legacy, handles better than the legacy, and is on par if not faster than the Legacy. And I miss driving stick!

Nonetheless, I still love my LEGACY.

Archived