• Mazda wagon
    • BMW wagon
    • Dodge magnum wagon
    • Other japanese sedan
    • Other german sedan
    • Other american sedan
    • Legacy sedan
    • Outback wagon

Well my lease on my LGT is up in about a year so it's time to start looking. While I am a Sedan owner, I am considering a wagon for the next go around. That being said, here are my top considerations along with a few questions:

Evo X (Is there any plan to make a wagon version?)

Volvo R series

STi Limited

Audi S/RS series

Cooper S (rumor is an AWD "extended body" version in the works)

VW performance wagons (if any are offered, supposedly the VW Passat Wagon R is being developed)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well my lease on my LGT is up in about a year so it's time to start looking. While I am a Sedan owner, I am considering a wagon for the next go around. That being said, here are my top considerations along with a few questions:

Evo X (Is there any plan to make a wagon version?)

Volvo R series

STi Limited

Audi S/RS series

Cooper S (rumor is an AWD "extended body" version in the works)

VW performance wagons (if any are offered, supposedly the VW Passat Wagon R is being developed)

Consider the saab 9-3 sport combi Aero, it is really nice, and if you can get past the fwd layout, it's good - it's too fwd for me,but definately among the best fwd cars out there.

With some of the cars mentioned for replacements there must be some serious income advances over the next few years.........;)

I stepped down from the S4 & I will really have a problem spending that again on a car. There are just to many good cars out there to be had for under 45k.....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Check the "other German sedan" option - at least we'll know what you mean. :icon_mrgr

Clicked it :-)

Always wanted a 911, so I am keeping the Legacy GT until I can buy one. I bought the Legacy with the intention of keeping it about 10 years (which by my driving would average out to around 120k miles) so even if I only get 3k for it when it comes time to sell, I made out by not buying a car for 5 years.

Plus I needed a 4 door now as I DON'T have kids yet, but plan too soon so will have kids in car seats. 10 years from now any kids (who if things go to plan will be in the 6 to 8 year range) will actually fit in the back seat of a 911...in fact I think that is the only demographic (other than contortionist) that will fit back there. And my wife will have a larger cross-over type vehicle so I can get away with a smaller car.

With some of the cars mentioned for replacements there must be some serious income advances over the next few years.........;)

I stepped down from the S4 & I will really have a problem spending that again on a car. There are just to many good cars out there to be had for under 45k.....

I sure hope so!

The 911 I buy will NOT be new. But the depreciation is rapid (like all cars) then VERY slow, so it actually has a reasonable true cost to own since you could buy it, drive it for 5 years and sell it for less than 10k less than what you paid for it.

Even if you get one 4yrs old you're still paying around 50k for one with very low miles:(:(

I've always loved the 911 but not @ there asking price anymore. For the same amount of money you could get a year old Z06 & have a 100k powertrain warranty......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Even if you get one 4yrs old you're still paying around 50k for one with very low miles:(:(

I've always loved the 911 but not @ there asking price anymore. For the same amount of money you could get a year old Z06 & have a 100k powertrain warranty......

Very true...locally that price is right on, a 2003 is going locally at the dealer for $50k. New they are 70k+. Saving my pennies now...

Other option for me is quite possibly in 10 years, buying a 10 year old 911. Those are closer to 30k locally (there is a 1999 for $30k right now) and that is a reasonble price to pay. Maintaining the car would cost more but I don't mind swinging a wrench either.

Long term goal, I've wanted one since I was about 8 years old. One way or the other I'll get one :-)

If I ever owned a true sports car, it would only be a Porsche. I was thinking of picking up a used 84-86 911 (THE BEST BODY STYLE) and making it a track bitch. All these plans with none of the money. Does anyone know if Mitsu has plans to make an Evo Wagon? I don't remember if the BS farm confirmed it. There were those pictures, but I think they were chops.

Archived