• Mazda wagon
    • BMW wagon
    • Dodge magnum wagon
    • Other japanese sedan
    • Other german sedan
    • Other american sedan
    • Legacy sedan
    • Outback wagon

Yeah! Go drive one! It's an excellent handling car. It's not slow, either - 3.2 L inline 6, I think 230 or 240 hp.

There are a lot of great cars out there.

:icon_mrgr

1999 BMW M3 Coupe - Specifications:

Engine: 3.2L I-6 (240 hp @6000, 238 ft/lb torque @ 3400)

0-60 mph: 5.7 seconds

60-0 mph: 113 feet

Not too shabby.. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I forgot to add in addition to the new cts, and the 335i, the new G35 will be cross shopped for comparison.

oh and i think i may take the g35 off my dream list as today from a particular angle i mistook it for a new altima.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well, I just bought an 07 spec.B this week, so I doubt I'll be car shopping anytime soon (other car is an 05 OBXT). My wife started giving me a hard time about getting another car with less than 40 mpg mileage, and I said, "Hun, this is probably my last internal combustion engine car. I'm makin' it a good one."

On that note, by the time I replace either the OBXT or LGT, it will hopefully be a fuel-cell 4-electric engine OBXT or LGT. Maybe a turbo-diesel hybrid OBXT (mmmmm...torque).

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Well, I just bought an 07 spec.B this week, so I doubt I'll be car shopping anytime soon (other car is an 05 OBXT). My wife started giving me a hard time about getting another car with less than 40 mpg mileage, and I said, "Hun, this is probably my last internal combustion engine car. I'm makin' it a good one."

On that note, by the time I replace either the OBXT or LGT, it will hopefully be a fuel-cell 4-electric engine OBXT or LGT. Maybe a turbo-diesel hybrid OBXT (mmmmm...torque).

What car other then a hybrid running down a hill gets 40mpg ;)

The 07 spec b is tits, i sat in a local guy's one and was like.. yeah i could deal with this 6 speed allright..

Oh well no new car for me this year

Infiniti G35 S

William

So, had you considered the 05-07 LGT? Sedan or Wagon? Care to express your thoughts on why you are not going to be a return subaru customer (that's why I started the thread :) )

With 100 votes in, I'm able to say that only 5 % of the voters are planning on replacing their LGT with an outback.

So, SOA, how about your suggestion of buying a manual outback since your LGT wagon is unavailable? The crowd, so far anyway, has spoken on that one.

=\

Almost 1/4 of us are going to be lost sales to one of your competitor's Wagon products. And to think you won many of us over from those same customers with your UNADVERTISED legacy wagon.

hmm.

Forward it to our dear Samir. I haven't forwarded the STI wagon polls, but I will, including to Mahoney (the Porsche marketing guy, phew) and the lame Doll guy who thinks that Outbacks were introduced in 1989 :rolleyes: That what he said on NAIAS... who hired him?

Forward it to our dear Samir. I haven't forwarded the STI wagon polls, but I will, including to Mahoney (the Porsche marketing guy, phew) and the lame Doll guy who thinks that Outbacks were introduced in 1989 :rolleyes: That what he said on NAIAS... who hired him?

Aw, fark those idiots. I don't give a shit about convincing those knobs dick about their unadvertised cars.

Fark them. SOA must have raided the Al Gore cabinet.

=\

signed: An ex subaru fan (because the only thing interesting on subaru lots is the legacy wagon, not outback. Sedan. meh. I bought my RX-8 for a little more and its better in every way, excepting very straight line acceleration. Flame away).

Sorry guys but unless something really knocks me off my feet it will be this.......

The LS7 version

http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/112_0702_02z+2009_chevrolet_camaro+side_view.jpg

Make mine in white with Painted blue rally stripes please.....

I am currently 2nd on the waiting list & my local dealer for a LS7 equipped version. Currently dealers are not sure about production dates for the LS7 versions, only the reg. production Camaro's

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Actually, I have owned one: 94 Miata. Loved it, but in after moving to Maine (previously in California, Oklahoma, Connecticut), found few days when I could really enjoy it relative to time spent in storage or in the garage (I only drove it if I thought I could keep the top down!).

Still, given the right climate, I'd like to have one still....as a 3rd car!

I would absolutely love to have another Subaru anything! I have been driving my Lsi back and forth from Raleigh to Toronto for a few years putting on over 25 000 miles per year. I can't put this car to bed! I now have 250 200 miles on my car and can't part with it. It is SOLID!

• 2 weeks later...
if i had to buy another car it would still be a legacy. i always thought that i would get a sti but i really got to old to be driving something like that every day. i'm so glad i got this car. when the time comes i would get at least a gt limited if not a sti legacy if they a available, as they are more mature looking.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

I just saw this video, and while this car is not my LGT replacement (it is in my garage now as my LGT's stablemate, replacing my 98 A4), it has become my DD (at least in winter; the MX-5 is the summer DD) and the LGT is my wife's DD.

Very interesting topgear video on the RX-8 - very funny, and it shows their track driver lapping an unnamed course at the same laptime in the RX-8 as in the M3 and 350Z - all three with the exact same lap time. Pretty impressive considering how much less torque the RX-8 has. They call it the best car driven by them that year, and one of the easiest cars to drive fast they are aware of.

:)

I love it! If you drive one back to back with the 3 series (not the new 335 turbo; haven't driven that yet) I think you'll agree that it handles better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2emH4ihqMU]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

not sure if that had already been discussed, but there are rumors that cadillac will release a CTS wagon in 2009 - primarily for the european market. however, there will be a limited number available in the US. a CTS-V would be a pretty sweet wagon... with AWD and a 6spd manual!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/22/cadillac-cts-gets-diesel-power-in-europe-wagons-on-the-way/

Archived