LegacyGT.com

The latest on Americian HP wars.

Out on the newstand this month: The 2008 Viper will have 600hp. Stock.

Rumors have it that GM already has plans for a 650hp version of the LS7 in the Z06!

Who the hell needs to ride a GSXR1000, or a ZX14 when production street cars are going to be running with these things.

Does GM and DCX realize that "big brotha" is going to step in soon and say "thats enough"?

Still pretty cool though, imagine the new ZO6 with an extra 150 ponies. Sheer madness.:icon_bigg

Luv my new vette. (07 c6)

+1 for GM powah!

That new little 4banger from GM has held 1000HP with the STOCK shortblock. WOW! It's the engine in the turbo redline/ion. Watch out in the future, just a heads-up

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5482

You can walk right in to your local GM dealer and order a true race engine to compete with the imports.

Add 40lbs of boost and have some fun.

(pssst. Buick is comming back with a screamer. It's about that time again)

Yes, I agree the C6 is the finest value on the market in terms of price and what the car can do. I would not buy the Z06 either. I'd get the regular one with the paddle shifters.....its faster than the manual trans!

The LS1/2/7 engine is very nice. That's why I keep buying more of them :lol:

I am a big fan of the T-56 manual transmission as well ;)

you forgot the LS6. :icon_bigg bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Ahh project "blue devil" looks like it will be great. Take a great LS7 and supercharge it. Sounds like fun to me. Ohh and if you have never riden a motorcycle then you will never know why the busa is better hands down to the real speed freaks.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Hennessy has kits for most all these cars. I was looking at their site last night.....they've got a software program for the AMG cars. almost 800ft/lbs :lol:

is Hennessy still in business? heard they had a bunch of legal troubles with cars not putting out advertised hp. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

The article in fact says the shortblock is not stock..

Well, stock block, 100% stock rotating assembly.

Can your pistons/rods/crank take 1000HP?? I broke my #3 rod at a whimpy 500HP in my WRX. Had to buy Crower Pro rods, different pistons, bolts, AND a new block EJ22. Will that take 1000HP...I doubt it.

OK, so they added some ARP bolts, and a better steel cylinder sleeve. I believe you can buy that engine already assembled that way.

Guest subiecity
if u want a bang for your buck, the C6 is the way to go.... u get more HP for your money, its seriusly a car im considering for the future

is Hennessy still in business? heard they had a bunch of legal troubles with cars not putting out advertised hp. bosco

I saw a 2003 Hennesy Twin Turbo, Nitrous injected Viper on the dyno last summer. The hood had a tag that said "1200hp".

Rear wheel HP without the juice was only 575hp. The owner was slightly upset:lol:

Ain't no way juice is going to get him to 1000+ HP

The LS1/2/7 engine is very nice. That's why I keep buying more of them :lol:

I am a big fan of the T-56 manual transmission as well ;)

GM is rumoring to be replacing the T-56 with a different 6spd for the next upgraded C6 Z06. ;)

The one area the "American" car mfrs have forgotten is the 4 door cars:(

Lets see the trickle down effect please........

just like Subaru forgot the two door. :( bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

4 doors are just more practical

they need a halo car to showcase what they can do. two doors turbo 6 cyl. 400 hp awd 6 spd auto etc. a four door anything won't cut it practical or not. the halo cars sell the everyday cars. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

That used to be true but in Chevrolet's case if I truly was blown away by a 07 Z06 but wanted a Chevy 4 door with performance for under 35K what do I turn to?

a Impala SS?

:lol::lol::lol:

The only 4 door they make with any performance other than the Vette is the Trailblazer SS which is cancelled this year....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived