LegacyGT.com

The latest on Americian HP wars.

The HP wars are cool, but all the cars in discussion are well over $50 grand. Not ever going to happen for me unless I win the lottery, or drive my GT until it has about 200000 miles on it which would be about 15-20 years from now. Gas will probably $10 a gallon then and we will all be driving hybrids or electric cars. Too bad $$$ doesn't grow on trees.

That used to be true but in Chevrolet's case if I truly was blown away by a 07 Z06 but wanted a Chevy 4 door with performance for under 35K what do I turn to?

the halo car is still true and always will be.

chevy Z06

ford GT

porsche GT

acura NSX

nissan GTR, coming soon

lexus LF-A, coming soon

mb SLR

toyota FT-HS (supra), coming soon

cadillac XLR

etc.

all the major players do it.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

But behind every halo car you should have a practical car with most of the halo's performance.

You can't sell a halo car to people who need more practicality. You can sell a practical car with nearly halo performance, with the aspirational aspect of the halo car.

Chevy Z06 should have a RWD sedan behind it... at this rate, it might end up being the Pontiac G8. Maybe Impala SS RWD revision, if it isn't ugly.

Ford GT/Shelby GT500 -> Interceptor sedan, perhaps special version. (my proposed mercury sport sedans... but as-if that is going to happen.)

Porsche GT... Porsche is not a normal situation, but they have the Cayenne Turbo, and Panamera is coming.

Acura NSX - TL-S, rumored turbocharged SH-AWD TSX replacement.

Nissan GTR - G35 sedan sport 6MT.

Lexus LF-A - Lexus IS-F.

MB SLR - Any AMG 4-door or bigger.

Toyota Supra replacement (WTF IS WITH THE CRAZY ALPHA-NAMES. NOT EVEN NUMBERS ANYMORE... GIBBERISH!!!) Toyota NEEDS something with some spice in their practicality.

Caddilac XLR-V - STS-V, CTS-V.

Etc...

Archived