LegacyGT.com

05 LGT "studdering" during low speed acceleration.

Driver72

Does your LGT "studder"  

450 members have voted

1. 1. Does your LGT "studder"

• Yes it does and quite often
    • Yes it does but just occasionally
    • A couple times at first, but it's DEFINITELY gone away.
    • Never has, accelerates perfectly smooth everytime.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
71000... my fuel volitility was 2.5 when i guess it should be 9.0 according to them, and there was 15% alcohol in the gas when there should be no more than 10% i guess. who knows. like i said, its been filled up 3 times now, most recently with sunoco gas 93... so depressing

Also, check all of your vacuum lines, especially the blue T-connector under the intercooler. If idle is smooth, then I'd check every line, end-to-end for leaks. Zip-tie everything.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^ That just adds more potential "leak" areas. On my STI gauge pack, the boost gauge runs off of a tee in the BPV line, to the boost gauge sender (on the driver's-side strut tower under the brake cylinder) so that's four possible leak areas, besides the sender itself. Check everything you can find, including your Turbo Inlet Hose, and your TMIC to TB Hose.

Also, check all of your vacuum lines, especially the blue T-connector under the intercooler. If idle is smooth, then I'd check every line, end-to-end for leaks. Zip-tie everything.

Do I need to remove the intercooler to expose this blue tee? There was a blue tee coming off the stock bov, thats where the boost gauge was teed in to. Im not sure if the previous owner just happend to use a blue tee.. I zipped tied those up so far, haven't driven it since then since I'm.at.work

Thanks again x1000 seriously

Pull the intercooler and check everything in around and underneath it. There's several lines there, including the blue (might be black too) Tee that's forward of the IC and below the BPV return line attached to the back of the IM. Make sure you get your IC fully seated and tightened when you button everything back up.

Got the system pressure tested, and it turns out there was a large boost leak coming from the throttle body hose that connects to the intercooler. It was Also.causing an.oil leak as well.according to the tuning shop. I havent driven it yet, but i sure hope this fixed this issue. U woould think a leak.like that would throw some.sort of cel but i guess not. Thanks so much for the help.

• 3 years later...

Not sure whether my problem is related but I've been putting up with my 05 standard legacy stuttering and stammering at low revs now for around two years. I've had my local mechanic look for faults and we've never been able to locate the problem. This morning I pulled and checked a few fuses for a seemingly unrelated problem - the window washer was not working. The washer is now working again just from pulling and reseating fuses. I also pulled a couple of other random fuses under the bonnet without the ignition on. After all this the stammering problem seems to have disappeared but the engine wouldn't idle correctly and would cut out. My thinking is that in pulling the fuses I inadvertently reset the onboard computer which may have over time learned some bad engine management behaviors causing the low rev stammering. And by resetting the computer it's cleared it. I have since left the car idling to relearned its idle revs, and the low rev stammering problem is still fixed. Eureka!

Just chatted to my mechanic and the "standard procedure" for resetting the onboard computer is to pull the battery terminals off and touch the cables together. I'm not a tech or mechanic so do not do this unless it can be verified. [edit: according to a reply to this post in another thread be aware touching the battery cables could fry your electronics. Again, needs verification.]

Archived