LegacyGT.com

Upstate NY Members?

Guinnesspower

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds good...i'll be around the area....let me know. and if any other upstate/VT subie owner wants to get this meet together, by all means, chime in!!!!!!

Dr. G! aka Cool Guy!

Good news, the 22ft Baja is sold. Picking up the 33ft sometime in the next month. That means that we'll be up near LG and Sacandaga as soon as you melt the snow!

Shoot me an e-mail bro!

-mike

I just posted a thread in this subforum about a meet that some guys at nissanclub.com/altimas.net have been putting together for the past few years at Grafton Lakes State Park.

It's going to be April 21 and 22nd... but most people show up for just the first day. PM me if you're interested in going. Everyone is welcome as long as they don't cause too much trouble. ;)

I'll be there on the 21st trying to unload some parts from my previous Nissan Altimas...

^^ cool. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be there on that Saturday (April 21st) and if the weather is nice that weekend I'll probably head back out on the 22nd, too.

The past few years it seems like a majority of people that show up are from MA, PA and even Canada so they usually all get hotels for Saturday night on Central Ave. in Albany, have a huge party and then just head home on Sunday morning The ones who show up on Sunday usually don't stay long. So if possible I'd recommend going on Saturday...

Shoot me a PM when it gets closer if you are definately going to go either day, though...

• 4 weeks later...

Another forum that I am going to get addicted to.......

I bought a new 2006 Spec B (#440)last month after serious consideration that I wanted to get rid of my 2000 2.5RS. My RS only had 63000 miles on it, and was a blast to drive. But I wanted to get something more luxurious and not sacrifice performance. Enter the Spec Bizzle

Anyway huge Subaru fan of 20 years. Could name every car, but that may be looked at as lame.

Hopefully I don't spend to much time on the forum cas I am supposed to be a hard working individual.

Oh and I love motorcycles too! Got a 2001 Yamaha FZ1 and 2002 Yamaha VStar 1100. Toys and fun. Oh yeah!!!!!

When is the next get together??

well, we could arrange to meet in Lake Placid on the 28th maybe?

I know my school's club is going there for a dyno day and there are going to be some pretty sweet cars, about half are subies i think. Mine (running stage 2ish), a sti swapped 2.5rs, a T04r+NOS sti'd bugeye (if its assembled by then), a holset35 audi a4, a stage 2 S4, a couple WRXs I think, an M3 and a gt3071 A4 (8 or 9 cars total I think). At any rate, there'll be a lot of HP there so it should be a good time. we're going to moon performance there-

I won't be running alky then, don't have a tune for it, but then again I'll be starting my turbo project that following monday, so I'm not too concerned, this is just for base numbers before the swap-

I bought a new 2006 Spec B (#440)last month after serious consideration that I wanted to get rid of my 2000 2.5RS. My RS only had 63000 miles on it, and was a blast to drive. But I wanted to get something more luxurious and not sacrifice performance. Enter the Spec Bizzle

Where did you get #440? Goldstein? Marshalls in Ravena?

well, we could arrange to meet in Lake Placid on the 28th maybe?

... I recall reading a thread between you and aczwild remarking about all the beautiful women in Potsdam (well maybe that wasn't what it was about).

Is it is the Clarkson Auto Assoc. you are refering participating on the 28th?!? Can you give any further information. I might be able to make it over to Lake Placid to go to LPP&B for UBU.

BTW - I recall when the CAA garage was across from Riverside Apts. From what I hear you guys have a much better garage now behind Walker.

... I recall reading a thread between you and aczwild remarking about all the beautiful women in Potsdam (well maybe that wasn't what it was about).

Haha... I remember when I was up there the joke was a "Clarkson '10' was a girl without facial hair."

Haha... I remember when I was up there the joke was a "Clarkson '10' was a girl without facial hair."

haha, it has gotten better since my freshman year 4 years ago.

the CAA is no longer, 2 years ago I started the Clarkson Sports Car Club with a bunch of my friends that didn't like the way the CAA was run (since all they did was let the officers use the shop and others when it was convenient for them). Anyway, we have a decent shop now that has room for 4-5 cars depending on whos in there and all the tools one could ask for pretty much except a lift, we travel around and spend the schools money at tracks and car shows pretty much-

so in short, yes the CSCC is going over there, i'm not sure what state my car will be in or if Jon's coming too, I haven't talked to him lately (normally I only see him downtown at the bar haha).

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Rochester. Live in Irondequoit, work in Brighton off of Winton Rd.

Spotted a couple recently;

OBP w/spoiler on Brighton Henrietta Townline Road around 12:45 today.

This past weekend someone in a Spec. B blasted by my house in Irondequoit. Heard the exhaust, by the time I turned I was starring at your tail lights. :)

Finding Legacys is like bird watching. It's not easy to spot one generally. On my usual drive I spot; Camry, Camry, Accord, Camry, Accord, Civic, Civic, Camry....blah.

Edit: There should be a Western NY thread! All the Jersey and NY City peeps clog up our region. :)

is Potsdam considered upstate NY? just curious.

maybe we can PM Tide and ask him to add an "upstate NY spotted" thread.

maybe we should create a numbered, members' list of those who are in the region first, to show demand.

Anyone from the Albany area interested in heading out to Grafton Lakes State Park this Saturday 4/21 any time after 11? Nissanclub.com/Altimas.net has their annual Northeast Spring Meet there every year (for the past 4 years or so...) and it's sounding like a bunch of people are backing out last minute... I'm not sure who's still going from over there... aside from the few people organizing it.

There should be food (with a small donation) and if the weather isn't bad there are decent spots for photo shoots and sometimes people bring cones and set up a little informal autocross... nothing too exciting but if the weather's nice it should be fun. People just generally check out each other's cars and then goof off and drink (with DD's) and then go back to hotels in Albany and party.

I'll be up there on Saturday hopefully trying to unload some parts from my previous Nissan Altimas...

Archived