LegacyGT.com

Why do our LGT's suck so bad for re-sale?

Everybody's different. Just because some people on this board don't want an Acura, and wouldn't buy an Acura... that means I shouldn't either? :rolleyes:

At least you have a level head, and acknowledge that people are different... :lol:

First off, that car is sweet, don't worry about our opinions. Drive it in good health and don't worry about it. I would only say you gotta be ready to defend yourself when posting how good another car brand is on this site. And quite honestly, the fact we are debating the merits of an Acura on a Subie site, and wasting precious storage is beyond me.

Lastly, I think people are acknowledging people are different here and stating thier opinions on that. This is not a civil-rights website, so no one has to do anything squishy and brotherly for anyone else. Opinions are welcome here, even if they are dumb, or poorly delivered.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say you're wrong about from a roll. The AC would likely stomp some stock LGT ass at highway speeds.

*As it should with a larger engine. That doesn't make it a faster car. Run with an Acura around some entrance ramps and see who keeps up. Its one thing to pull on someone when you are going 80+ mph, but completely another when it comes to roads with any curves whatsoever. If I wanted a fast car that accelerates faster at highway speeds, I would have gotten a V8.

How the hell do you guys tolerate that traffic in LA and the surrounding areas :icon_conf:(

My wife and I went to Vegas and decided to drive to the coast, we made good time UNTIL we tried to get out of the city just before rush hour. HOLY COW!!! 5-6 lanes of bumper to bumper, I use to think NY traffic was bad but never again. I would NEVER row my own gears in that condition :)

The LGT and the TL (standard) are almost no match from a standstill... the Subie is ~0.5 sec quicker in the 1320 and to 60. As for from a roll the 2 are very close (I work at an Acura/Subaru store:icon_evil :icon_mrgr ). I haven't seen the ##'s from the TL-S yet but having driven several I can say that the LGT still feels quicker off the line but the S will rape it from a roll. :hide:

Personally, the TL is a great car and a great alternative to the G, 3-series, etc but it lacks the organic feel of the Subie. It has meatier/wider rubber out of the box and handles very well till you put the power down, as to be expected from a FWD'er it tugs all over w/o VSA/TCS.

OP, you didn't make a bad choice at all... just an unpopular one.

Lots of love on this thread. LOL

If it makes you feel any better, go and check out the for sale threads on rx8club.com

You will read the same type of whining there - except some guys cant believe their $30k 2004 is worth less than $20k now, after 3 years. LOL

The reality is that the RX-8 depreciates as fast as the LGT, but many are in denial.

The best thing to do is to be patient, get yourself ready to be waiting to sell the car for months - maybe 6 months - to get the price you want. Also realize that the car will still depreciate in that time. Also, winter is the best time to sell any SUBARU.

Finally, the car is not worth what YOU think it's worth. The best you can do is look at the market prices for the car, really try to be realistic about your car's condition, and then ask the price the market says it will bear.

If that price is too low for you then tough. It is very difficult to find some random moron who will really pay you significantly more than market value for your car. And you can be sure that you WONT find that moron on web message boards who, by and large, have fairly educated posters and readers.

All that said, good luck selling your car and enjoy your new wheels. Lifes to short to drive a car you don't like. FINALLY, in my experience, most people spend more time bitching about their new cars after they buy them than they spend researching, comparing, looking for financing and good pricing on the cars before they buy it.

And so, it is pretty difficult for me personally to express much sympathy for people like this <G>.

I drive in Boston traffic regularly with a manual. Yeah, LA is worse but I'd deal.

Ditto. It's not that bad, and anyway it's worth having the manual the rest of the time. If you're an experienced driver with a MT, then you still are in better control of the car. Yes its a bit of a workout but so what, put down that latte, the donut, shut off your cell phone, drop the cigarette, turn on the stereo, and just drive!

LOL I know a lot of peeps dont like the thought of driving a manual in traffic, but come on, is it really worth SPENDING $7 k to sell this car, get a new car, and not have to drive a manual??

That is really difficult for me to understand, and I am sorry for if you really feel like this is something you NEED to do.

Good luck either way, OP

Do you know Porsche is using liquid cooled boxers for some time?

Krzys

Just in case you aren't joking, dude, you do realize that he means that air-cooled porsches hold their value extremely well, and always will, partly because they dont make air-cooled porsches anymore?

:lol:

Just in case you aren't joking, dude, you do realize that he means that air-cooled porsches hold their value extremely well, and always will, partly because they dont make air-cooled porsches anymore?

:lol:

Thanks for clarifying for those that didn't get it.

Plain and simply a low demand car in the eyes of the public masses.

It worked well buying new for us (invoice for LGT wagon unlimited 5mt - $2000 rebate).

Buying new is a financially terrible decision no matter what the make if not keeping the car for the long term (we plan on 10yrs).

do that ninja edit crap again and you'll be in time out.

your comment about a speedo being larger than the tach is more bench racing and not at all grounded in reality.

Excuse me? I am not entitled to have my opinion? Everybody who disagrees with you is going to be harassed by you and threatened with timeout? Or you just are picking on me?

Is this legacypgt.com forum?

I suggest you play the same game. Buy a 2-year-old LGT automatic and take advantage of that same depreciation you feel you are getting burned on. The switch will cost you a few dollars but you will be buying in the same deflated market you are selling in...

An aside: I just had the fortune of driving in a loaded Accord, a loaded Camry and my LGT all in the same day. Folks there was no comparison LGT wins hands down. The other two cars reminded me of old man cars ... and I'm an old man LOL.... I'm very happy I chose a LGT...

Of course, I don't worry about depreciation. I just bought my 2001 LGT and paid $10,600 CDN.

Excuse me? I am not entitled to have my opinion? Everybody who disagrees with you is going to be harassed by you and threatened with timeout? Or you just are picking on me?

Is this legacypgt.com forum?

Well, it is legacypgt.com forum.

unclemat got banned because he thinks tachs should not be smaller than speedo in a driver's car, and Mini happens to have a smaller tach.

"Mini owners have much suck" a signature says.

Well, it is legacypgt.com forum.

unclemat got banned because he thinks tachs should not be smaller than speedo in a driver's car, and Mini happens to have a smaller tach.

"Mini owners have much suck" a signature says.

unclemat was put on a 3 day probation. If he continues to post under an AE he will get a month probation :)

Yep. Can't use 30K as a baseline. I bought my 06 LGT for $26K when they were only on the lots for about 1.5 months. New remaining 05's were selling for $24K.

Bought my 05 wagon MT in june of this year for 21,500...nobody wanted a MT wagon with no sunroof and no leather...they through in a short shift and that crazy dimming rear view mirror...

I'm also going to go out on a limb here (since we've already "gone there") and also say that people should be free to express their opinions, whatever they may be, as long as it is not disruptive to the community. Banning because you don't agree with what they said is just censorship and I don't feel it has any place here.

I am quite disappointed that it happened in this instance.

Archived