LegacyGT.com

Why do our LGT's suck so bad for re-sale?

First of all... I was open about the price I paid from the git-go... whats this "later admitted" like I was hiding it??? :rolleyes:

Plus, he said the HIGH guess was 19K, based on book value... so that would be $8500 ;)

And I wasn't bitching about my loss from STICKER... I said compared to sticker vs. real world value, the WRX held its value MUCH MUCH better, for much longer...

So quit putting words in my mouth, and learn how to add...

I say keep the car and just deal with the traffic. I drive 45 minutes to an hour one way in traffic every day to work. Its not that bad. I mean sure i would love to have an AT, but when I am driving at night or any other time I would not want anything other than a MT. Its worth the tradeoff.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a 2007 Acura TL TYpe-S today....

LGT is for sale, in the classifieds if anybody is interested... been very well taken care of.

My average over 9950 miles on the trip meter, is 23.7 MPG!

22,500 asking with 12,xxx on the clock...

"Insert Signature Here"

LGT is for sale, in the classifieds if anybody is interested... been very well taken care of.

Hell! I read somewhere that Legacy GT resale values just SUCK! I wouldn't pay anywhere near that! Some guy in Las Vegas told me so.

Nice, congrats on the 07 Acura. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

- The Mortgage Man

Nice, congrats on the 07 Acura. Post some pictures of it when you get a chance. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Well, the test drive was pheonomenal... man what an awesome car. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning at 11AM, and take some pics.

I got this one... (teh blue!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/TL-1.jpg

"Insert Signature Here"

Did you get the 6speed or Automatic?

I don't think it's bland at all. Unfortunately it's FWD with 286 HP. Not sure if the torque steer has been improved, but I love Acuras. It's a car I would consider if I was in the market. I just wish it was available with the SH-AWD that's found on the RL.

I think the Type S only comes in the Rally Blue?

Crongrats again, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

- The Mortgage Man

Nice car! My dad has an '05 TL, and my sister's husband went out and bought one after he rode in my fathers. They are really nice cars, and I would have bought one if it came with AWD, that was my only hang up.

How much did you get the Type-S for? And do post up pictures when you pick it up!

Hell! I read somewhere that Legacy GT resale values just SUCK! I wouldn't pay anywhere near that! Some guy in Las Vegas told me so.

LOL:icon_razz :icon_lol:

Alright now you've joined the mainstream!:) If you want to sell it in a year you'll still lose a ton of money but you'll sell fast. Good luck

I'm a newbie, but I think a reason could be that the GTL's can be had deeply discounted new. I paid $24,700 for my '06 LGT new w/ spoiler as only option. Right before I bought I was bidding on the exact car on ebay. Car was in Chicago. I'm in NJ. Car had 1-2K miles (I don't remember exactly). I would have paid $20,000 and flown there and driven it back. Turns out guy's reserve, from which he wouldn't budge, was $24K. So I saved the airfare and drive and bought new.

I have had Hondas and Acuras for many years, even had an older model TL. They are well-built well-respected cars, no doubt. Better resale, due to demand, not quality...I just think most of what Honda is buidling today is nothing but an update to what their line-up was 10 and 15 years ago....They need to get with the program and watch where the trends are headed, AWD for one.

Otherwise that car has some nice technology in it (whoopty-doo), some fugly-ass wheels, smurf blue, and super-rice written all over it.

+1 for supply and demand. I bought my LGT in May '05 for $23k, traded it in May '06 with 23,000 miles for $20k. The market for Subarus of pretty much any persuasion has always been pretty good here in the PNW, but the hot commodity in these parts right now is rapeseed oil. The Jetta TDI I got for $24k 7 months ago now has a trade-in value of MSRP. People are hawking Pkg2 Jetta TDIs like mine with twice the miles for $25k, $26k, and beyond on Craigslist and the local classifieds, and the scary thing is that they're actually selling at or near those prices. Makes me wonder if I should sell high ...

Hopefully the next car I by will both be used AND have excellent resale value (possibly appreciate). That car will also have a flat engine.

As long as this car's cooling system doesn't use water, this will mostly be true :)

The car is not a rally blue type... its much darker with lots of flake in it. Looks amazing, not too ricey.

You think THIS car is bland? Look at the LGT for gods sake!

Anywho, time for a short review from a 1-day ownership...

Fun drive! Torque steer is almost non existent, BUT traction is a problem, obviously. I'm not using this as a "race car" so FWD is fine for what I need it for. Above 20MPH the traction is perfect and the car grips, and flies!

I would say it would easily outrun an LGT or 06+ WRX from a roll, but an STI would still easily beat it. Off the line, well it would have to be a game of catch-up...

On the upside, the interior/comfort couldn't be touched with a 10-foot pole by Subaru. Guys, I've been a Subaru fanatic for 6 years, and I still am, but its on a whole different level. Granted, it's about 10K more than a Legacy, so you don't need to point that out! :lol: Everything surface is either cloth, soft dash, or leather. The ONLY thing plastic is the buttons, vents, and a few other things.

The voice-control system is amazing. Voice controlled navigation, climate controls, and audio.

You can say "temperature 72 degrees" and it changes, or "CD play track 3" etc

The Nav. unit is VERY handy. You can ask for "Find chinese restraunt" or any other type of food, as well as shopping, banks, almost ANY store type you can think of. All by voice! There's also an extensive list of "Zagats" reviewed restraunts, with a description, price, etc. Also displays back-up camera on the Nav. screen.

The leather bucket seats have been very comfortable so far, but I haven't spent any extended time in them yet. Nice Black/Charcoal 2-tone leather.

Braking is VERY impressive, as to be expected with Brembo 4-pots on the car, similar to the STI.

Just the "little things" make it a great car. 2 keys, each linked to the memory seats. When I get in the car it senses me, and changes the seat. When the wife drives, same thing. HID's, LED tails, and gauges reminiscent of the LGT make its appearance very pleasant, inside and out.

A few pics...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/CIMG2834.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/CIMG2835.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/CIMG2838.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/CIMG2841.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/bluesti/CIMG2842.jpg

Far from bland, at least in MY opinion.... you're all entitled to your own.

"Insert Signature Here"

Speedo larger than tach -> lame. Not a driver's car.

Contemporary Hondas (that's a Honda) doesn't do anything for me.

Haha... not a drivers car?? because of that? :rolleyes:

This isn't a race car... it's a nice, quick, entry model luxury sedan, so relax...

"Insert Signature Here"

I think the Type S only comes in the Rally Blue?

It comes in a bunch of colors... Red, White, Grey, Silver, and Blue

Only 12% are being made in blue, so FOR ONCE I'll have something I don't see of in just that color, like my WRB WRX.... lol

"Insert Signature Here"

Oh, and sticker was 40K with a few added options, but we picked it up for 37,500 which was VERY hard to swing. They're not sitting there for weeks at a time, like my LGT was before I bought it...

My blue TLS rolled of the truck when I test drove another. I asked about the blue, and they showed it to me in the back, still covered in stickers.

The next day, I went again to make a deal, and it was just being rolled to the front of the lot. I made the deal, and then somebody 15 minutes later wanted to buy the same car... Timing is everything! :lol:

"Insert Signature Here"

Archived