LegacyGT.com

SOA finally catches a break - November sales

rao

http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Temp/Sites/1571/dae6e0078460482ca9e9cc632c9d33ed/Subaru_NOV_06_SalesforWeb.doc

Looks like safety is their best core value, say goodby toa 500hp twin turrbo Legacy :) . Sales finally really up (at least for last month) The Tribeca continues its slide into oblivion.

See that's wierd. I always thought the Wagons typically outsold the sedans, but then again that's in the US.

It's easier to spot a Legacy wagon here, than a sedan, sedans are pretty rare from what I've seen driving around.

See that's wierd. I always thought the Wagons typically outsold the sedans, but then again that's in the US.

It's easier to spot a Legacy wagon here, than a sedan, sedans are pretty rare from what I've seen driving around.

here means where?

Yeah, it's like that over here in Norway too. I think it's 80-90% Wagons here.

Yeah, that's old topic. Americans have psychological image problem with wagons, after being ferried around in their parents behemot wagons.

This is annoying. Because of that options for nice wagons are limited here. Vide no MT LGT wagon anymore.

here's my opinion on what Subaru should do:

1) Facelift the Tribeca in '08/'09 to make sure the thing sells

2) get rid of the Outback sedan with the H6 in it... my god, I saw one of those on I-5 the other day and I wanted to punch the person driving it.

3) Upgrade the Legacy line to Subaru's "premium" line and give the boot to the Impreza line. (even the STI should be sub-$26k IMO)

4) Wagons/Sedans... doesn't matter... as long as they ad-hear to my #2.

I question the market positioning of a raised-ride-height sedan, in general...

But there is nothing wrong with the Outback 3.0R sedan, itself.

I have been a proponent of lowering it to Legacy GT height, removing the cladding, and keeping the 3.0R engine and auto trans, with some of the lux touches from the outback (wood steering wheel with audio controls, etc...) and having that car take over a little of the Legacy GT's near-lux cruiser status. That would leave the Legacy GT/Spec B to offer most of the content, as well as a more focused sport suspension, and a higher state of engine tune.

I could even see a Legacy 3.0R with the outback front and rear bumpers, molded without the fender flares, and without the side cladding, and badged as a Legacy. Big round fog lights, and all. Although chrome exhaust tips through the rear bumper skirt should be there, rather than turn-downs. Same OE parts for all Legacy axle-back exhausts... But, then again, I think the Legacy GT should get a JDM/ROW spec B-like front bumper treatment, with the taller grille opening, especially that black diamond plastic mesh with the chrome surround grille that the JDM 07 Spec B gets... leaving the more understated front end treatment to the 2.5i models.

The NA flat four, Turbo flat four, AND NA flat six are all offered in the Legacy in Japan, and Australia, I believe. (2.5 turbo is available in Australia, now, isn't it?)

I have no idea why they didn't option the Legacy with it in the US, as they do with the outback, to compete with the 6-cylinder, premium trim Accords and Camrys, with the advantage of the AWD. That would leave the Legacy GT to go harder after the G35 and A4, with more power, and better suspension components.

BUT, there are product rumors that say that the 08 Legacy/Outback lineup may be shaken up a bit. Legacy Sedan, maybe/maybe not Legacy Wagon, and Outback wagon, with newer bodywork from the Legacy/Outback elsewhere, newer interior, paddle shifters for the Automatic, and a Legacy 3.0R model to replace the Outback 3.0R/LLB sedan.

I question the market positioning of a raised-ride-height sedan, in general...

But there is nothing wrong with the Outback 3.0R sedan, itself.

I have been a proponent of lowering it to Legacy GT height, removing the cladding, and keeping the 3.0R engine and auto trans, with some of the lux touches from the outback (wood steering wheel with audio controls, etc...) and having that car take over a little of the Legacy GT's near-lux cruiser status. That would leave the Legacy GT/Spec B to offer most of the content, as well as a more focused sport suspension, and a higher state of engine tune.

I could even see a Legacy 3.0R with the outback front and rear bumpers, molded without the fender flares, and without the side cladding, and badged as a Legacy. Big round fog lights, and all. Although chrome exhaust tips through the rear bumper skirt should be there, rather than turn-downs. Same OE parts for all Legacy axle-back exhausts... But, then again, I think the Legacy GT should get a JDM/ROW spec B-like front bumper treatment, with the taller grille opening, especially that black diamond plastic mesh with the chrome surround grille that the JDM 07 Spec B gets... leaving the more understated front end treatment to the 2.5i models.

The NA flat four, Turbo flat four, AND NA flat six are all offered in the Legacy in Japan, and Australia, I believe. (2.5 turbo is available in Australia, now, isn't it?)

I have no idea why they didn't option the Legacy with it in the US, as they do with the outback, to compete with the 6-cylinder, premium trim Accords and Camrys, with the advantage of the AWD. That would leave the Legacy GT to go harder after the G35 and A4, with more power, and better suspension components.

BUT, there are product rumors that say that the 08 Legacy/Outback lineup may be shaken up a bit. Legacy Sedan, maybe/maybe not Legacy Wagon, and Outback wagon, with newer bodywork from the Legacy/Outback elsewhere, newer interior, paddle shifters for the Automatic, and a Legacy 3.0R model to replace the Outback 3.0R/LLB sedan.

Well I guess my issue with the 3.0R sedan is the ride height..... I dunno, it just seems off. I'm not trying start a war here with RedBeast because his car looks great but I think there's a misconception about the Outback that Subaru may or may not fix in the next model years.

Obviously if Subaru took the H6 and replaced the 2.5T in the GT and gave it either more HP or a blower, I can see it going up against the G35 market. The A4 market... meh, they have 200HP and aren't a concern to the Legacy line as they are slow and heavy.

To me, if Subaru offers the GT and the 2.5i in sedan form... again to me... that seems like it's enough. You can get the 2.5i w/ all the features (I believe) as the 3.0R Outback... of course sans the LLBean stuff (if you want that...) however, what would make sense... is Subaru offering the following:

2.5i

3.0R

2.5T

All in the current sedan form and suspension of the 2.5i/2.5T.

Who knows though, we'll see what they do.

Poor Tribeca.. kill it now while it is in pain.. or better yet, hire an Acura designer to help out with the nose and tail and everything in between (aside from the interior)

With the looks of the new MDX and the RDX I am not sure that would be a good idea.

In the time I've had my Legacy I've seen 2, maybe 3 non-outback wagons around here. Both were GTs. One was red and parked right in front of me at Albertsons :lol:

On the flip side, I see probably 2-3 legacy sedans a day. Most are 2.5i, but even then, there's still a much better chance that I'll see more GT sedans then non-outback wagons any day of the week.

As for outback sedans. Again, I've seen 2, and only 1 was a 3.0R.

:whore: the new acura's after the TL are really ugly, imho. i just saw a new mdx and i thought it was the mitsubishi suv! now that's putrid.

The new MDX and RDX may not be pretty but they have what their Subie counterparts are sorely lacking... power, torque, room in the MDX and handling in the RDX. I'll argue that the OBXT is a much better value than an RDX but com'on, the stationwagon thing is hard for most "uninitiated" to get over.

yes, the US has no appreciation for regular wagons/estates, micro subcompact performance cars, spacevans, they're hung up on large large large cars and SUVs only.

Ed

So they sold 4,820 "Legacy" wagons, of which 4,531 were Outbacks?

They sold 289 (what we would call) Legacy wagons?

No wonder they want to kill the bitches. :(:(:(

The article seems to be saying 6,550 legacy Units. I don't see any breakdown between sedans and wagons. Did they change it?

That brings the sales up to 1730. Still, only about 1/4 of the Legacys.

Does anybody here know about how many LGT's are sold vs the other Legacys? E.g. Do they make up 10% or 30%, etc? How about wagons vs sedans and LGT wagons vs LGT sedans?

While I was in Wisconsin on vacation, went to Madison dealer. He had 5 Legacy wagons, no GTs among 'em. Salesman said can't sell turbos. No one wants premium fuel and lousy mileage. 90-95% Legacys NA. I don't understand but that's what America wants I guess. Of course SOA doesn't advertise performance, its all AWD and go anywhere ability.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

Archived