LegacyGT.com

18" Spec B wheels?

PGT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pain in the ass to get allseason tire for the offset is may required spaces like mine. which requires replacing all wheel studs. old rims will fit only without using open ended lug nuts. finish is hypersilver which is a little delicate. [IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/RB3.jpg[/IMG]

the hubs over there may be different. you have to get all the measurements of the stock tires and rims. measure the distances, of the existing tires, between the inside tire and the struts. turn the front wheel slightly and get the minimum distance. the guess what extra you can max out on with the tire diameter and tire section width. go shoping. you will notice the limitations. they use bridgestones over there.

[quote name='red beast']you cant have those spec b 3.0r rims. i'm the only one who has them on the car in the US 18x7 with a [b][size=4]55mm offset[/size][/b][/QUOTE] Did I miss something here? Why wouldn't 18x7 +55 not fit on an LGT or WRX. The stock offsets for 17x7 wheels are +55 and maybe +53 for the WRX 17s.

• 1 year later...
hmmm....this might have been my first ever thread!! :lol: I almost ended up buying the 'LGT Spec B by STI' wheels earlier this fall. Funny how it (almost) came full circle.

OK...almost made my decision then I hear about Spec b STI wheels?

OK... I think I heard of these earlier this week.

Now I have to do another search find more part numbers and find a price.

Hey I was at subaruparts.com and I can get a whole set of the 18x7 OEM Spec b rims for 936 plus shipping.

Does that seem like an awesome deal to anyone else?

I don't really look for other brand rims and when I had my mustangs I worked at a performance shop so I got near cost for all the rims from Ford. (nice set of cobra wheels for $100 each. :) Best deal I ever found!!!

So for $234 each on the spec b wheels is that good?

There are plenty of tire sizes these days for the 18" so I wasn't going to downsize the rim to 17" for my winter shoes. I'll just keep it at 18 put some all season on during the winter for cold and possible VERY light snow or ice. (Maybe a trip to snowboarding...although I don't think I could park my car in that parking lot with all that gear walking around. :)...I'm the guy that parks at the end of the lot at the grocery store. (NO I DON'T TAKE UP TWO SPOTS) that bugs me and makes me want to do bad things to those cars. Usually BMW or Corvettes....

SO back to the topic... I'll check out the rims you mention pat...

I'll also look for pricing and size...is it a wider rim?

Unless someone convinces me I should go with a wider rim I'll just stick with the OEM setup. Then I'll use my nicer newer spec b rims for summer and put the beat up ones with minor curb rash on for winter.

Archived