LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Legacy & Outback

02BlkRex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm liking the larger front grille and the rear foglamps but those front skirt extensions look out of place. Reminds me of the current Toyota Corolla. I think the car doesn't sit low enough to take aesthetic advantage of those ground effects. I don't think I'll be waiting for the '08 model.

;965669']Yes, it's easy.

It would if SCI charged reasonable/comparable prices for their cars relative to the US.

What about Canadian emissions? My guess is that those of us stuck in California would have problems with the non-California emissions spec, correct?

I recently heard about some issues some American subsidiaries are having with their Japanese parent companies in my Internation Global Business class. It would seem that while some American CEOs are expressing the need and desire for products in the US some of the Japanese executives do not want to send their prized products to the US. I think the overall assumption we are all operating on is that SOA should have as much growth as possible thus in turn maximizing stock price. It is quite possible that SOJ would not let some of its better products over to the US for reasons other than fear of lacking sales. Maybe we should be writting our letter to SOJ rather than SOA!

I'd thought of that too, it doesn't sound unrealistic. It's not how US corporations would operate, but I could certainly see it in happening with a corporation from a place like Japan. I think it's probably the case, which would mean SOA really needs to sell more cars if we hope to be getting a better product, in that process, they'll probably have to sterilize the products until they can get the name recognition and higher volume numbers, and then they can get more aggressive.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a great article in the journal Friday about the pres of Autonation meeting with GM, FMC and DC. He was complaining about how the domestics are building to capacity vs. what the customers really want. Then he is left trying to move the vehicles. They had inventory data for Toyota vs. GM. I will try to get a link because it may explain some of the SOA/American auto mentality. Group stuff together and just keep building and building. Let marketing figure out how to sell them.

I disagree with the SOJ/SOA issue only because SOA builds product here in NA that is not for sale in USA. That is pure SOA management. From what I have heard SOJ give you many more ordering options to compliment their offering options. SOA just doesn't offer many options.

Went to the Chicago auto show over the weekend. Outback grille is not good. You could not get close to the '08s but the Outback bumper appears about an inch longer than the Legacy. It appears they are going for a bit of bling. It is more upright and look at me chrome. Also the wheel flairs are integrated into the bumpers front and rear. So if you get a hood, bumper and grille from a legacy you are still screwed with the fenders. Us wagon guys are just plain screwed.

Peace,

Greg

Honestly, I like the '07 Spec B as is, well I would probably go for 17's with 50 series tires but that's another story. I like the silver exterior, the black/blue interior, navigation. But, I just don't want to live with a 6sp manual. ?If I was in the backwoodss of Pa or had lots of long stretches of highway - sure, but I have lots of traffic and stoplights everywhere.

Same here man, same here. DSG, FTW.

About the tail lights: Fenders are the same. Trunk lid is the same

Rear bumper is different. Fitting the rear bumper and tail lights together should work on an earlier car (05-07), unless something changed behind the tail lights, or the bumper cover, in terms of their mounting holes... But I doubt they changed the entire rear unibody stamping for a tail light change that otherwise doesn't change any of the body lines. chances are the guts are the same, and the outward look is slightly different, with the tail lights tucked a bit higher.

I have debated it... but it is harder, since GRP no longer exists, I'd definitely have to repaint a bumper cover. I'd either want JDM rear fogs in the bumper cover, or a smooth cover, and I am not sure if either one will work with the rear bumber for 08 USDM cars, which have a reflector in the rear fog location, but might not fit the rear fog lights.

I do like the new tail lights themselves, though. It would be a bonus if they were LED for the stop/tail and amber turn under the clear part of the lens. I like that they are cut straight across with the seam in the rear face of the trunk lid.

I love the blue/black seats in the SpecB. My friend hates them, thinks it is a horrid combination.
I believe the blue inserts will be replaced with black Alcantra inserts for the 2008 spec.B. It'll look more elegant and less avant-garde.

I just wonder if the 08 Spec b is going to be limited to one color, yet again. Not that there is any color besides gray (black or white count as grayscale) and one color blue.

A blue Spec B would maybe be quite nice, with a black interior and a 6mt. If anything would have looked good with dark blue alcantara inserts, that would have been it...

Archived