LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Legacy & Outback

02BlkRex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's the news grandmarshal of all things Subaru.... are we going to see the LGT w/ a turbo in '08 or is Subaru going to be retarded and ditch it?

Subaru isn't dropping the turbo in '08.

In parts of their various press releases they talk about the XT, spec.B, and 2.5GT. For example,

"The Outback also features unique fog lights and new wheels for the XT and six-cylinder models."

"The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, equipped exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission, will continue to emphasize exciting turbo performance, with blistering acceleration (0-60 mph in less than six seconds) and maximum driver involvement."

"The 2008 6-cylinder models (and the turbo Legacy and Outback models equipped with the 5-speed automatic transmission) use a version of the system called Variable Torque Distribution (VTD)."

-ben

Subaru isn't dropping the turbo in '08.

In parts of their various press releases they talk about the XT, spec.B, and 2.5GT. For example,

"The Outback also features unique fog lights and new wheels for the XT and six-cylinder models."

"The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, equipped exclusively with a 6-speed manual transmission, will continue to emphasize exciting turbo performance, with blistering acceleration (0-60 mph in less than six seconds) and maximum driver involvement."

"The 2008 6-cylinder models (and the turbo Legacy and Outback models equipped with the 5-speed automatic transmission) use a version of the system called Variable Torque Distribution (VTD)."

Which is all useless jester bullshit before they say the "Legacy 2.5GT Limited".

I could care less about the Spec B, i'm really curious if this gives them the gall to drop the 2.5GT all together and just have the Spec B trim.

Would suck if they did that but wouldn't be suprising.

Came back from the Montreal International Auto Show. Apart from me giving 30 min. of shit to the rep of SOC for their prices :icon_bigg, he confirmed that Canada is keeping the legacy wagon but will not get the 3.0 R legacy.

Canada will keep the wagon, but the U.S. not! :rolleyes:

Well, it's a great news on one hand, but on the other, it makes it even more retarded.

Great. Now they want us to spend $35K for Legacy performance that used to cost under $30K. Yep, that'll bring everyone to the dealer.

:rolleyes:

Whoops, I read that wrong. I think we're still good. If Subaru pulled the turbo from their line, people like us would be less inclined to buy them. And that would be bad for them.

Lets:

drop the Spec. B, put its features into the GT and do our best to keep the cost down. Maybe keep the GTs current seats.

create the long awaited Legacy STi with the H6 Turbo.

put up with the 3.0R.

+1

If they took away the LGT and replaced it with the Spec B they would have to make an optional automatic for the Spec B.....other wise if you want any type of performance in the legacy, with an auto, you would have to pay for the 3.0 R wich could lose a lot of possible buyers

Anyone know when we will know for sure if they are dropping the LGT?

If they took away the LGT and replaced it with the Spec B they would have to make an optional automatic for the Spec B.....other wise if you want any type of performance in the legacy, with an auto, you would have to pay for the 3.0 R wich could lose a lot of possible buyers

Anyone know when we will know for sure if they are dropping the LGT?

Follow the logic to the conclusion... auto spec.B or LGT auto only... I'd be happy.

Or spec.B manual only, 3.0R automatic only. From a target demographic, it makes sense.

Then the folks who want grunt but want it with an automatic can buy the Cobb supercharger kit...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Came back from the Montreal International Auto Show. Apart from me giving 30 min. of shit to the rep of SOC for their prices :icon_bigg, he confirmed that Canada is keeping the legacy wagon but will not get the 3.0 R legacy.

so US ppl can purchase a canadian car and just get it registered in the US, right?

shouldnt that solve the americans wagon complaints?

Ed

so US ppl can purchase a canadian car and just get it registered in the US, right?
Yes, it's easy.

shouldnt that solve the americans wagon complaints?
It would if SCI charged reasonable/comparable prices for their cars relative to the US.

Amen. I just don't want nav... its cool and all but I dont need it (hear that SOA) ;)

Honestly, I like the '07 Spec B as is, well I would probably go for 17's with 50 series tires but that's another story. I like the silver exterior, the black/blue interior, navigation. But, I just don't want to live with a 6sp manual. ?If I was in the backwoodss of Pa or had lots of long stretches of highway - sure, but I have lots of traffic and stoplights everywhere.

Archived