LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Legacy & Outback

02BlkRex

Wow, you had a very misinformed salesman. Legacies and Outbacks are due for a refresh next year, we already know what it will look like. the Tribeca styling i.e. the airfoil grille is DEAD, for the umpteenth million time DEAD. He was trying to scare you into a car. Now you likely won't see any major performance changes in the Leg/OB range next year and there is no reason not to go with an 07 but your sales guy is a douche.

My thoughts exactly when I read that post. :icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the pic that started this thread what you are calling a refresh? While I do like the car a little better than the '07, (provided we actually get that one) it's not a drastic enough change to cause me to wait.

Before I ask this question, I have searched and searched this forum and the ENTIRE Internet and didn't come up with a lot of pics....soooooooo does anyone have any good pics of the '08 Legacy's?

Are you saying the saleman is full of it on ALL comments or are you targeting one in particular? There is no way I can wait to '09 for a car, my concern was should I wait until July/August '07 and get an '08 if it will be a substantially different car inside and out. Or just out. Everything I've seen is that it will be very similar to the current Legacy. Somebody PLEASE make up my mind for me!!

Just wait until then. If you want an 08 get it, if not you'll get a killer deal on an 07.

oh and lights on the bumper = gross :(

I would not be suprised if the US does not get the rear fog lights...

but if we don't.... I think we should get a flat bumper cover, without the blocked in pockets. If it isn't even going to be an option, and the parts are made separately (as they currently are) then why not have them be the same dimensions, but just smooth.

Though it has a strong aroma of Audi coming from the front end, I think the car is beautiful, and I may be in the minority that really enjoys the V-bar in the front...Just entering law school now, maybe that will be a nice graduation present to myself - a 2009 Legacy turbo (whatever they call them by 2009) in the new charcoal color...yummy.
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

I don't know if this version is going to creep its way over here, but I sure hope it does...I read above someone was looking for more pics of a potential '08 Legacy, so here goes...

newlegacy04.jpg.8d26c362866b69dfa28067126c44d20d.jpg

newlegacy01.jpg.15bc1dca00460e00829a31094a5696cf.jpg

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Hopefully by 2009 they are up to a revamp. 2010 the latest. I have a growing suspicion that all the automakers are going to make a big deal out of 2010 and go with some stupid spaceship/Jetsons motif (probably spelled wrong). Don't be THAT car company subaru. Please!!!

Hopefully by 2009 they are up to a revamp. 2010 the latest. I have a growing suspicion that all the automakers are going to make a big deal out of 2010 and go with some stupid spaceship/Jetsons motif (probably spelled wrong). Don't be THAT car company subaru. Please!!!

The second that SOA rolls out the Legacy STI, that car will be on back order like crazy. I will be one of those back orders for sure.

Still better then the current wheels. Tough to match the ugliness of the 07 LGT wheel. :icon_mad:

OK, I must be the only persone who actually likes the 07 GT wheels. Sure they are different but different is good.

OK, I must be the only persone who actually likes the 07 GT wheels. Sure they are different but different is good.

I like my 06 rims better, but I will be investing in new rims in the springs. I don't like stock rims in general because they lack originality.

I like my 06 rims better, but I will be investing in new rims in the springs. I don't like stock rims in general because they lack originality.

I think that's why I like the 07 wheels... who puts a machined finish on? They certainly do stand out in a sea of bland, terrible, and derivative styles.

I keep trying to find a reason to put new wheels on my 05 LGT but they look just as good as most aftermarket wheels imo so I keep spending the money elsewhere. They may get "upgraded" at some point but that's after a long list of performance mods. :icon_bigg

Stock rims will be for winter ;)

To be honest I am on winter tires on stock wheels and it sucks. I want to move the tires to another set of non-stock rims and don't look at stockers again...

• 1 month later...

Archived