LegacyGT.com

tribeca

My aunt is looking for an SUV...she likes the Murano and Tribeca. I'm trying to do some research to see which is better. I want to hear some opinions on either or on another alternative...no wagons though. Max she is wanting to spend is about 32,000.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tribeca hands down. You get your money's worth, and it is better looking, better handling, just better thatn the Murano.

Have her test drive both, and she what she thinks.

My mother has one, and I drove it down to Texas nad back from NYC. 4500 miles later I would do it again, even though it was a long trip!

X

---

Really? I still think the Murano looks like it is floating. And it needs wider tires, plus the intrument pod ins nothing but a dirt collector, but that is just me, plus the fact that the design is a few years old, and you can see three or four parked in the same street.

This is from someone that has owned Nissan cars before.

Like I said, have her test them both, there is really nothing wrong with the Murano, it is just more a taste thing.

The leather in the Tribeca does smell really good though! :)

X

---

hmm....do those FX35's come in @ 32000 or less? That sounds cool if it does. It's a bit different, but I told her to look at the FJ Cruiser....downside is the gas mileage is worse. She doesn't really need a very spacious SUV.

So there's no better options in this price range?

The FX35 is a stylish ride, and reasonably quick and well balanced. However, the interior is cramped. Moreover, the design is dated looking and the materials and fit and finish suck. There is probably no more room in the hatch area than in an LGT trunk. I seriously considered the FX35 before I got the LGT, but ultimately the negatives outweighed the positives.

hmm....do those FX35's come in @ 32000 or less? That sounds cool if it does. It's a bit different, but I told her to look at the FJ Cruiser....downside is the gas mileage is worse. She doesn't really need a very spacious SUV.

So there's no better options in this price range?

You can get them in my neck of the woods for around that;)

06's that is

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

My Mom has a Murano. She loves it. It's decently quick, quite and gets 20MPG mixed. Hers is a 2003 with VDC and it seems to stick to the ground. I drove from RI to VT (about 250 miles) and it is pretty comfy. She has about 55,000mi and the suspension is getting a little harse, but it's still a nice SUV.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Tribeca is a much nicer ride... The interior on the murano is complete POOOOOOOO. Tribeca handles better, more unique, and... comparably equipped... the Tribeca is $4,000 less than the Murano.

And is not a wagon :rolleyes:

:confused::rolleyes:

Unclemat, stop drinking the kool-aid :lol:

Sorry, could not resist. That was aimed at B4, who is a wagon hater... Tribeca is a wagon - like most SUVs are. Just on stereoids.

Sorry, could not resist. That was aimed at B4, who is a wagon hater... Tribeca is a wagon - like most SUVs are. Just on stereoids.

It's a crossover... ride height and overall height dictate it's not a wagon. Wagons are ghetto.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived