LegacyGT.com

tribeca

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm....do those FX35's come in @ 32000 or less? That sounds cool if it does. It's a bit different, but I told her to look at the FJ Cruiser....downside is the gas mileage is worse. She doesn't really need a very spacious SUV.

So there's no better options in this price range?

FJ Cruiser has gfotten poor marks in reviews for comfort and fit and finish. My wife and I where considering it.

Have you considered the Toyota 4Runner?

Is that valid? I certainly had fewer problems with my '03 Mazda6 than I've had with my '05 LGT thru 30k miles...

I had a Mazda that was a lemon. Some good some bad I guess. CX-7 is much smaller in cargo area than Tribeca from what I have seen.

• 2 weeks later...
hmm....do those FX35's come in @ 32000 or less? That sounds cool if it does. It's a bit different, but I told her to look at the FJ Cruiser....downside is the gas mileage is worse. She doesn't really need a very spacious SUV.

So there's no better options in this price range?

Ford has introduced the Edge, hitting showrooms now. It's a mid-sized CUV, with a 265hp V6 and a big moonroof.

Reviews are all over the map, and they're new, so I'd test drive thoroughly before plunking down. While Ford North America has not had many competitive cars, Ford trucks are a different story.

Depending on exactly what size vehicle she is looking for, the CUV market has more choices than just about any segment. Loosely defined competition includes the Acura RDX, BMW X3, Chevrolet Equinox, Ford Edge, Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, Infiniti FX, Jeep Compass, Kia Sorento, Land Rover LR2&3, Lexus RX, Lincoln MKX, Mazda CX-7, Mercedes, Mitsubishi Flatlander, Nissan Murano, Saturn Vue, Subaru Tribeca, Suzuki XL7, and Toyota Highlander, and Toyota RAV4.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thanks for the input. My aunt has decided she likes the looks of the Murano. I was hoping she could find a leftover fx...oh well.

Has she driven both? make sure she drives both... she will prefer the tribeca for comfort, features, quietness, and aesthetics.... she's going to spend all of her time in the car... not looking at the outside.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with The B4. She should test drive the Tribeca. It is very nice to drive and ride in. We test drive the 4Runner right after the Tribeca and even if the Tribeca cost as much as the 4Runner we would still get a Tribeca. It is just that much nicer. All I am sayign is if she is going to spend 30 something thousand on a car to make sure she checks all them out.

Nice video!!!

If you really need AWD, I'd check the front and read differentials of the Murano. I don't have time to do the research but I think the video confirms my memory on some poor Murano performance.

Having said the above, I've no idea what the Tribeca has, but would guess it's no worse than an Outback.

she's going to spend all of her time in the car... not looking at the outside.

Not much experience with women, eh B4?!?!? :lol: Think clothes: seems to me that there are an awful lot of women out there that would quite happily be uncomfortable on the inside if that means they look really good on the outside.

I agree that the O.P. should encourage his aunt to test drive as many vehicles as possible, but then he just needs to let her make up her own mind and then support whatever decision she makes. To each, their own, and all that.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

^^^ Agree 100%, and also they take into account what their friends say, and how they are perceived. Not too say that every woman is shallow, but this is how the female mind works.

The Murano is more of a chicks car anyway than the Tribeca.

X

---

Wait to check out the CX-9.

I hope you are kidding. The CX-9 looks like a wannabe mini van with a personality disorder.

I really hate the look of both the CX-7 and CX-9. They look like they are floating. I rather take the Murano over the Mazda offerings.

X

---

I agree with The B4. She should test drive the Tribeca. It is very nice to drive and ride in. We test drive the 4Runner right after the Tribeca and even if the Tribeca cost as much as the 4Runner we would still get a Tribeca. It is just that much nicer. All I am sayign is if she is going to spend 30 something thousand on a car to make sure she checks all them out.

I looked at them at the auto show and the interior is really very nice.

In New England at least, there's a $2,500 cash back and 0% financing on 2006's.

I have to say, the CX-7 looks good in photos but is odd looking in the RW.

The RDX is pretty nice, but small.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I hope you are kidding. The CX-9 looks like a wannabe mini van with a personality disorder.

I really hate the look of both the CX-7 and CX-9. They look like they are floating. I rather take the Murano over the Mazda offerings.

X

Looks good to me:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/13/new-york-auto-show-mazda-cx-9-zooms-with-room/

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

All a matter of taste is what it comes down to.

I drove a Tribeca for 4000+ miles, and if I had to get a crossover SUV I would choose it without reservation.

Test drove a Murano, did not like it.

Saw the CX-7 at the delaership, and it was fugly (the engine was nice).

Have not seen the CX-9 at all in person, but from the pics I have seen, there is really nothing special there.

X

---

I just went on a 400 mile trip in my mother-in-laws 06 Tribeca. Fuel mileage is terrible in that thing. ALL HIGHWAY it averaged 20.4.

The back seat is hard and has an uncomfortable contour to the backrest.

I should have taken my Legacy. Rides better, and can knock off almost 26.0 mpg highway.

Archived