LegacyGT.com

Finally a DIY front lip!

Spec B

MachV has a lookalike badge available...

http://fastwrx.com/vststststiba.html

i know, but i'm not gonna pay $12 plus $10 in shipping for it when I can go to my shop and just print one up on our vinyl cutter. besides, I ordered the real deal last night from japanparts.com so it will be replaced. in the mean time, it will protect it.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe AKLGT I'll get ahold of an STI Lip for the 08's and mold it and make some out of fiberglass. I could probably make them available for like $220 or so just like the RBS lips are currently.

that would be awesome! :D lord knows i'll need a back up for the one on the way! :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I have to admint, the pictures are crap in comparison to what it looks like in real life. My wife has the camera and i had to make due with the camera phone

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Alright, I've abandoned the lip based on wall base (moulding). It is a great-looking and durable material, but it just wasn't flexible enough to bend to the shape of the bumper. Even after very patiently forming it to the contours of the bumper with a heat gun, it just had too many buckles to look good. It had promise, but in the end, looked too homemade.

The good news is, I have plenty of the foam garage door seal to use!

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

so some of you had good luck just using the 3m adhesive? Might have to do this this week... I love modding and have no money to spend at the moment. Did the Hogzaust, silencer delete, AVO panel filter, and the Hogzaust.... lol. I added this to my cheap/free mods sticky already

So made a small change to mine Let me know what you guys think. I think it looks prity good.
:rolleyes:

your other camera better have built-in professional photographer & photoshop & possibly stock photos of a better looking lip ... :hide:

I applaud the efforts you guys have gone to with the diy lips but honestly if you have a $30K car why not spend a few extra $$ and get it done right? Rubber stripping doesnt look good painted though the black stripping on the OBP is decent. Good luck and keep up this treat cause its great entertainment at this end. subscribed :lol:

^ See posts number 218 through 220, on page 15, for my response. :)

There's a reason why some of us are only willing to spend so little on this mod. ;)

I wish I could afford to replace aftermarket/OEM front lips on a "consumable" basis. :lol: Tires? Oil & filter? Yeah, I'm willing to spend money for that - but lips? Nah. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yeah, what he said. I've spent a fair amount of time and effort doing R&D on a better DIY solution. I still haven't come up with anything better than the garage door foam. My main criteria don't directly involve $, although I don't want to buy, repair, replace, etc. $300 lips every few weeks. I want a flexible lip that turns up along the sides like the JDM LGT STi lip. I came close, but the look was simply not professional enough. Maybe after a while I'll give it another shot - I've still got a lot of the material left.

If a vendor came out with a flexible polyurethane lip, they'd own the domestic Legacy lip market! Hello? Can you hear me?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived