LegacyGT.com

On track video.... Goto LGT sedan vs. LGT wagon!

mccorry

I've never seen that video before. It was weird to see the wagon pull ahead on the straights.

Going through the turns, the wagon looked like the backend was a little bit loose.

The guy in the sedan was braking very deep into the corners, and the wagon seemed to take advantage of a power advantage on the straights. The wagon was considerably loose in turns.

That was a killer vid!! So exciting...I need a cigarette! :icon_cool

Obviously the sedan driver agreed not to pass the wagon in order to maintain the continuity of the video... :icon_bigg:lol:

I liked how they cut the vid when the Cobalt got in the way and then restarted it when the 911 turbo showed up!! hehe

^^^^^ NOT TRUE!

Brian Lock was driving the GOTO sedan and he was clearly the superior driver with the superior car. :icon_bigg

Even though the wagon pulled away in the straights thanks to more boost, Brian closed the gap (and ran up his arse) in every single corner. After a couple "love taps" the ICY wagon finally got out of his way and Brian was gone!

Steve is supposed to be sending me a DVD from the Phoenix race with the GOTO Legacy sedan. If I get it I will post it on google video site and do a thread link.

Repost, but always good to watch how the wagon was putting half a dozen car lengths on the sedan once out onto the straights. Must be the better aerodynamics :icon_wink

nice. Right around minute 7:30. Big gap with the wagon out in front. Great stuff.

Original thread with Brian's response

Lol, not quite.

We had boost leek issues all weekend, and wrecking the car twice limited our time to find them :). I am completely confident that we are going to have plenty of power at Barber. Mike Warfield from Gruppe-S is going through the motor next week. He will get everything sorted out.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=661867#post661867

Wagon looked twitchy. Driver on speed?

Driver. The wagon got twitchy when he overheated the tires. Notice how his lines changed during the race. Soon he was sawing to stay on the line he chose. And they were different during the first part of the race, they were smooth,but on the edge. Later, he was protecting his position, not the thing to do. He should have been attacking the next turn, not worrying about the car behind him!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived