LegacyGT.com

Used Access Port

Sorry i am not sure where to post this qusetion for best results

I sold my 2005 LGT

I still have the Cobb AP, it has not been set back to stock

Its only been used 1 time

I want to sell it, is there a way to re-program it so I can advertise it.

Sorry i am not sure where to post this qusetion for best results

I sold my 2005 LGT

I still have the Cobb AP, it has not been set back to stock

Its only been used 1 time

I want to sell it, is there a way to re-program it so I can advertise it.

Did you "unmarry" it from the car? You say it was not set back to stock, but you mention it like it's the AP that isn't back to stock. So I'm just trying to clarify. If it hasn't been unmarried from the car, I'd try and get in touch with the new owner and see if you can unmarry it from the car (or just give the AP to him, as it's useless to you).

No i did not unmarry it!!!!!

Well, you have 3 options.

1) Find the new owner of your car, and ask him if he's willing to let you unmarry the AP from his car (which will in turn set his car's performance back to stock tune).

2) Find the new owner of your car, and sell it to him.

3) Contact COBB, and plead ignorance/stupidity/insanity/whatever, and see if they have a way to unmarry the AP from their end (I doubt they'll do this, as it's not good business sense).

If the car is in Stage 2 tune, your buyer would be a FOOL not to buy it back from you. If he ever needs to have it serviced or ever has any issues with the ECU, he'll be screwed big time without the AP.

I doubt that will happen! In the past, an unmarried AP would cost you roughly $375 to reset....What would Cobb want with a used AP anyway?

Your only hope of keeping this AP from being a paperweight, is to contact the new owner, and properly unmarry the AP, being that he has already said he didn't want to buy it.

I doubt the owner would be willing to unmarry it as he paid for the indirectly since you didn't unmarry it as is. My guess is your stuck with a paperweight, because unmarrying the AP hurts the performance of the car, and additionally it would be bad business for cobb since someone is running around with their map and allowing a second map to run around for a discount or even free is like giving money to someone. Sorry it happened.

IMO, which is worth nothing, you sold the car as a stage two- you need to include the AP.

To me, trying to sell it to him after the fact is a dick move. You should give him the damn thing and be done with it.

It's useless to you, and he will be screwed later.

Think about it- you buy a stage two car- I'd assume (and I know it makes an ass out of me) that the Cobb would be included. Why wouldn't it be?

Sounds to me like you forgot to give it to him, and are now trying to make an extra buck over your mistake.

IMO, which is worth nothing, you sold the car as a stage two- you need to include the AP.

To me, trying to sell it to him after the fact is a dick move. You should give him the damn thing and be done with it.

It's useless to you, and he will be screwed later.

Think about it- you buy a stage two car- I'd assume (and I know it makes an ass out of me) that the Cobb would be included. Why wouldn't it be?

Sounds to me like you forgot to give it to him, and are now trying to make an extra buck over your mistake.

+1

If you sold it as Stage 2, without taking out the Stage 2 hardware, then you are obligated to give him the AP too, as that is what enables Stage 2 performance. If you unmarried it and then sold it to him, the car would have thrown CELs and you wouldn't have been able to sell it anyways. Just give him the AP, its worthless to you. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Archived