LegacyGT.com

The Evolution of Legacy Guages

What do you think?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I see your point. MY05 guages ftw!
    • Your crazy. Newer guages ftw!

Is it just me, or do the new MY07 guages look "old style" and the MY05 guages look much more modern?

If I didn't know better, I would assume the MY05 were newer than the MY07.

MY05

http://myoceanstate.com/personal/old.jpg

MY07

http://myoceanstate.com/personal/new.jpg

Comments? Discussion?

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Let us know why. I like the 05 because the illuminescent lines are thick and bright and the lack of ticks marks look very modern (reminds me of a movado watch because there is no tick marks at every hour point).
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I don't like how the temp and fuel gauges don't have the red rings in the 07. Also, the tach and speedo seem a little busy when compared with the 05 gauges.

+1 Exactly, that's the main complaint. I like the increased resolution though.

05 looks cleaner, no doubt.

And the stupid 07 mpg gauge ftl.

AND MOST IMPORTANT: Legacy on the tach is missing. This is a major screw up. I love the white discret Legacy logo on 05 gauges. 06 has it red. Autos don't have any (booo).

Well, sorry for the crudeness of the picture, but I don't have photoshop on my work computer, and had to do this via Paint. To put into words what I like, I like the physical location of the 05 gauge set where the tach buts up next to the speedo, but I like the somewhat cleaned up look of the '07s. From all the pictures I've seen (I haven't gone to look at an '07 on the lot yet), it appears that the 05-06 clusters are brighter than the 07's. So my picture is kinda a mixture of the best things out of both clusters.

For the record, I removed the KPH speedo and the solid sweeps between numbers and 'inserted' small lines to show mph increments of 10mph (larger line) and 5 mph (smaller line).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/cluster.jpg

I really like the 05/06 gauges with the BIG RED rings. The 07 looks a bit understated. I was really jazzed by the '06 instrument panel when I bought the car. Still am. I love driving it at night.

The '07 added the useless MPG swing needle. Big deal. Duh, when I step down hard on the big peddle-thingy I get less MPG. :confused:

Subaru should put a damned turbo boost gauge as standard equipment in the GT's and be done with it.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

07s - uggh. They look so generic now. Two separate red circles? Noooo! I can't believe some stupid bean counter talked them into adding the fake MPG gauge - these aren't old BMWs! As others said, the instrument panel is one thing I really liked when I first got my car and now I appreciate it that much more.

how about neither, no I like the 05's but it's weird they changed the gauges after 04' from right to left, I changed my gauges from the black to white a couple of months ago, it's weird how the gas and heat gauges switched sides

gauges.jpg.b0cc1d70ad23149583da80c70cd9aff1.jpg

Archived