LegacyGT.com

removing Rain-X

My rainX leaves this weird haze that when the wipers go over it shows up.

don't use the wiper and go fast, works for me:lol: .

actually, haven't noticed that. do you buff out well after applying it? I noticed if i don't buff it out well it'll leave a light haze on the winshield.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

don't use the wiper and go fast, works for me:lol: .

actually, haven't noticed that. do you buff out well after applying it? I noticed if i don't buff it out well it'll leave a light haze on the winshield.

+1. whats this haze? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 7 months later...
I love RainX works great!

So much better!!! I hardly ever even need the wipers on!

It's amazing..no hazing....

30k miles my windshield is starting to get that pitted dirtly look.....

Just a little....

guess I can try to clay it!

clay your windshield??

I love my car ... basically.

I just got my aquapel in a few days ago

Aquapel is great. A friend of mine turned me on to it a few years back. Just make sure the windshield is clean. Do the windshield real well, then use the leftovers on the back and side windows keep scrubbing till it's all gone. It really does last for 6 months at a time. The water will bead up and scatter even when the car is sitting still. The people I get it from use it on semi tractor windshields at their truck detail shop.

Let's kick this pig!

I have cleaned my windows twice with stoners since I applied rain-x almost 2 months ago. Although the rain-x is starting to fade, it still beads up and when I wash the soap will run right off the windows. I'm sure it would take a hell of a lot of elbow grease along with a few applications of stoners to even begin to take it off.

Aquapel is wonderful. We used to use that at lexus. When I treated my windows, I couldn't remember the name and I have 3 bottles of rain-x sitting around.

Claying the windshield is awesome. I was going to do that this weekend and apply another coat of rain-x afterwards, but since I need to clay the whole car I decided to wait until next weekend. When you clay your car you can FEEL the difference. When you clay the windshield you can SEE the difference. Awesome stuff.

I haven't had experience with Aquapel, but I have the Valeo Ultimates for about 7-8 months now. They are great, and I use them with Rain-X and Rain-X windshield washer fluid. Some people have had the experience of Rain-X hardening the Ultimate's blade, but I haven't had that experience yet. The Rain-X windshield washer fluid seems to maintain the Rain-X treatment pretty well. That, or the wipers just kick that much more a$$. I go through windshield washer fluid frequently though, as I spray ALL the time.

Archived