LegacyGT.com

removing Rain-X

I just got my aquapel in a few days ago along with my valeo ultimates. I want to remove the rain-x (whats left of it) on my windscreen before i put on the aquapel and the new wipers. Rain-X, to what i understand is a polymer, thus i need a polymer remover, i believe. Eitherway i just want to get the shit off, suggestions?
I love my car ... basically.

whats wrong with rain-x? i use it on my Corvette and works great have not done the LGT yet. :confused: bosco

find a product called aquapel, it's by PPG glass. it's like rain-x only last 6 months instead of 1 and doesnt haze like rain-x.

i have an old bottle of RainX on my shelf. haven't used it for years. i should

use it on my shower door. lol

PaintPrep or Dawn should remove Rain-X completely.

You can also use claybar to remove grime.

some people like to wax their winsheilds using their favorite waxes.

i personally don't use any thing on the glass other than a cleaner.

If you have a haze you are not wiping off all the excess. Given, it's not easy to get it all off. Try sprinkling some water on the windsheild after you treat it and then wiping it down good with some clean paper towels. That worked for me for many years.

Lately, I've just been lazy and getting the RainX bug remover washer fluid, works just as good and i don't have to mess with applying it monthly, it just applies itself with no streaks. The deicer stuff sux, that leaves streaks:)

Try "Bar Keeper's Friend", find it in your local supermarket. It's used to polish SS,Glass, ceramic cook tops, etc... This will remove Rain-X! I know because I needed to remove a fudged up rain-x application....

Don't worry I have since switched to AquaPel about 2yrs. Awesome stuff, and I found some consumer branded version of it on clearance at R&S Strauss autoparts, for $5ea...

It's clear...how do you really know?

Well you could see a light film where the wipers didnt wipe the rain-x off. it was a very clear cirve. When you breath on it the condisation would make a more visible, nothing get rid of it (tried ... pure ammonia, lighter fluid, denatured alcohol and bar keepers friend). Nothing removed this film except the glass stripper.

Archived