LegacyGT.com

how do u keep away from dents and scratches?

i finally got my 2.5i yesterday... so happy... neways... because i'm a first time owner, i wanna ask how you guys try to keep away from scratches and dents? like when u park in lots and stuff... or is dents and scratches inevitable? thanks alot

here's my car...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/sobalo/DSC01361b.jpg

i love the rear the most

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/sobalo/DSC01363b.jpg

i dunno y ppl cover their licence #....

welcome to the forum. park as far away from other cars as posssible. if you must park close make sure it's a car more expensive than yours, they tend to value their cars also. :icon_bigg bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

welcome to the forum. park as far away from other cars as posssible. if you must park close make sure it's a car more expensive than yours, they tend to value their cars also. :icon_bigg bosco

i like ur point... park beside expensive cars... i'm lucky cuz i work at a high-end mall... thanks

Park as far away as possible and walk a lot...good for your health too. And DON'T take two spaces...just asking for a keying. On very windy days, be aware of shopping carts blowing around parking lots...park paying attention to wind direction. All of the time, don't park in the low spot of a lot as errant carts will migrate to that low spot. All common sense stuff. Ask around for a good paintless dent repair guy (ask high end dealers-BMW, Mercedes, etc who they use)...eventually you will need one.
It is still ugly.

Google is your friend. Check this out: http://www.parkingbydesign.com/text.html

This is a really interesting website. Most of it I do, I thought it was common sense.

One of the pictures in there from "Santa Rosa California" with a large branch of an Oak tree that crushed a white car, happened one parking lot over from me. I actually saw that right after it happened when I was out on my afternoon walk.

I NEVER park underneath trees around here.

Birds shit on cars

Birds, especially ravens, drop large nuts on cars to break them open

Oak branches break loose and fall, happens a lot around here due to Sudden Oak Death disease

Sap drips on cars.

My rules are:

-Park far away from everything, walk, the excercise is good

-Always try to park with one side of the car protected, e.g. no one can park on that side

- If all else fails, park next to BMW, MB's, Lexi, or Infiniti's (anything more expensive than mine).

-Avoid parking garages like the plague. Notoriously small spaces. Drive up and park on the top level if you have to use one.

-Throw on my car cover (www.calcarcover.com), it protects the paint, hides the car

Enjoy the new wheels.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Thefts pick vechicles parked away from the entrance and high "traffic"

a pro car theft will get your car no matter where it's parked. at least he'll get one with no ding's if it's parked far out in lot. :lol: bosco

btw if you car is parked in the open i feel it is safer b/c it is in view.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

a pro car theft will get your car no matter where it's parked. at least he'll get one with no ding's if it's parked far out in lot. :lol: bosco

btw if you car is parked in the open i feel it is safer b/c it is in view.

ok, whatever, I guess you did not get my point

lol, it reads like i wrote it

+1. My GF thinks I'm crazy for planning where I am going to park before we get somewhere. When she asks me to take her somewhere the first thing I say is, "How's the parking".

Do everything that website tells you to and you will be golden.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

well, i don't knw the recipe. being smart in where you park and careful helps.

i had my golf for 2 years and 65k km's and not one scratch or dent on it. and i used it to travel for work and bring clients in it too.

13K no door dings. Yesterday I took the car to the dealer for radio problems, picked it up, door ding! Great! On the other hand, I went to a supermarket today and saw a nice 06 WRB Sti and a small SUV pulled up next to it. Next thing I see is the kid in the back just wips the back door open and right into the Sti. Mother came out to look and immediately drove to a different spot. On my way out I went and looked and it was a nast dent with paint chipped off right to the bare metal!! I left the guy a note with the licence plate of the SUV but in Alberta a door ding is considered "Wear and Tear" GREAT!

Buy a collapsible "Shark-Cage" and keep it in your trunk, then whenever you park somewhere just pull it out, set it up around your car and "Wallah!!"
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Nice car & welcome:)

I always park beside a landscape median....pull very close on that side. So far no dings

I have only parked this car a few times between 2 othere vehicles & yes I was paranoid about it the whole time:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I got dents on my car and there was nothing wrong with the paint. Regardless of how expensive the car is you park next to, they can leave dents on your car with no paint removal on their car and yours. So parking next to an expensive car might not mean anything if they're not respectful of other people's car. Just look at the way these people park should be an indication if you should park next to them or not.

I've got rock chips but no dents on the legacy. Honestly if you end up caring that much about dents, the car ends up owning you. Don't be that type of person.

i guess i am a little paranoid... but the car's so expensive.... even though it's a 2.5i... i'm still in school and have to work part time in downtown..... so maybe it's ok to be a little paranoid?

i guess i am a little paranoid... but the car's so expensive.... even though it's a 2.5i... i'm still in school and have to work part time in downtown..... so maybe it's ok to be a little paranoid?

It's fine to be a little paranoid. You can minimize the amount of door dings and scratches by following the advice above, but you can never completely get rid of the possibliity. Just accept the fact that you will eventually get some cosmetic blemish, but it'll be repairable to some degree and that it doesn't degrade the performance of your car. You bought the car to enjoy, so don't sweat the small stuff and drive.

Archived