LegacyGT.com

how do u keep away from dents and scratches?

... Honestly if you end up caring that much about dents, the car ends up owning you. Don't be that type of person.

That's good advice, but sometimes hard to follow (like many mental illnesses and obsessive compulsive behaviours).

Fact is, the car's gonna depreciate anyway, no matter how pristine. A few door dings ultimately don't affect resale value much.

The car ends up owning you... how true. How true.

I was pretty sensitive about the car for about the first 6 months guys so don't get me wrong. I also dealt with my wife driving the car 2-3 times a week as well. Being sensitive about door dings and such is fine because it's true, you want to protect your invest, however at the same time you have to understand that indeed the car is going down in price and that really a car should be judged at about 5 feet away. Most of the time you can't see the really small dings/scratches from that distance it's just knowing that they're there.

Anyways, baby it for a while but then slowly move on to knowing that it's a car and gets you from point a to point b. It'll give you a little peace of mind and allow you to not get worked up so much about the first *ding* :)

Enjoy the car man.

I got dents on my car and there was nothing wrong with the paint. Regardless of how expensive the car is you park next to, they can leave dents on your car with no paint removal on their car and yours. So parking next to an expensive car might not mean anything if they're not respectful of other people's car. Just look at the way these people park should be an indication if you should park next to them or not.

Be aware of people who have pulled into a park and their wheels are still on full lock. They tend to look over their shoulder and move several feet before it registers in their tiny brain that the front of the car has just taken the side out of "your" car. If you must park there be sure the wheels are pointed in way that only affects the other car beside them, not you.

I also tend to park well away from the mainstream who "expect" to find a park right outside the establishment they want to visit. They are arseholes.

I always back into a park so that if there is only one occupant in the other car their drivers side door is on the other side to yours

Avoid obvious kiddy carriers.

As previously mentioned you may curb your wheels parking beside a berm, but the chances or Mr. Arsehole dinging your car has diminished by 50%.

Always allow for Murphy's law. Lol:) :)

Archived