1. 1. which one to get?

• Cobb revised Sway Bars
    • Whiteline Sway Bars
    • Cusco Sway Bars
    • Perrin Sway Bars

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Installed today. Fit perfect. A little better than an hour on the lift. The ride is nice. Took it around the 90's near the prison and it stays home. Really nice improvement. Not sure how it compares with the other bars but I am happy with it. I am still getting used to it but I can head into those 90's with a lot more confidence when I know the nose is going to come around the corner with me. To the track next week. I will let you know. Also a complete set of endless SS-M's all around. Worth the $200 IMO

does it matter what sway i use if my is lowered with H tech, do i need alighment after sway install? wt is disadvandage of sways bar? thx

No, but they do sell different endlinks if the car is lowered. No alighment. The primary disadvantage of having the sways is increase G's in the cabin and the second is higher cornering speeds.:lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

The disadvantages of sways is a loss of ride quality. If the ride side of your car hits a bump, a thicker sway bar will transmit more of the force to the left side of the car. The car "hunkers" down since both sides of the suspension are being compressed. All this extra movement is transfered to the chassis, and will affect ride quailty. It's not a huge diff, but you will be able to tell. I find the handling benefits far outway the decrease in ride quality.

BTW, I put the MSI endlinks in this weekend and inspected the Cusco's after many months of use, they look perfect. Rust? What are guys doing to these bars when you put them in?

Cusco F/R .... not very impressed with the results.

Noticeably "Floatier" ride with even the smallest road imperfection PRONOUNCED.

Lots of clunking / clanking / knocking

Also, when agressively attacking corners, steering seems to be fighting against the sway bars, like the endlinks are over-flexing side-to-side causing the whole car to flex and become unstable. Call me crazy but this is the feedback I'm receiving through the steering wheel.

Before I get flamed, bars were installed per recommendations / walkthroughs generated directly from this forum. All bolts tightened to spec and no signs of trouble in the suspension-area. No other suspension mods done to the car, either.

I should have kept my money and bought an AP w/ TDC.

Whiteline adjustables. Never a clunk, pop, or fart. And no rusting.

Seriously, unless you are going to autocross or do alot of HPDE's, I don't think the average Joe is going to notice a difference between a 22mm bar or a 23mm bar. If I was in the market for swaybars, I would find the one with the best price and put them on. Anything is better than stock.

335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

Also, when agressively attacking corners, steering seems to be fighting against the sway bars, like the endlinks are over-flexing side-to-side causing the whole car to flex and become unstable. Call me crazy but this is the feedback I'm receiving through the steering wheel.

Before I get flamed, bars were installed per recommendations / walkthroughs generated directly from this forum. All bolts tightened to spec and no signs of trouble in the suspension-area. No other suspension mods done to the car, either.

Wow, I have none of the issues you have described, especially the feed back in the steering wheel. My car feels very stable, solid even. In fact, below 25 mph while in 1st or 2nd it feels like my 4X4 with locked hubs.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

does whiteline sway have any probems?

I don't have that problem before or after I added my H-techs. I have my F&R set to soft and I have stock endlinks.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I should have kept my money and bought an AP w/ TDC.

Make sure your bars are centered. Alot of bars(even heard of JDM rsb) slide from side to side. That's way whiteline make lateral locks. Go under your car and see if the bars are hitting. Not you, but I have seen some people put them in upside down. Do you have any picture of your sway bars on the car. Maybe we can help. You should not have all that trouble with your bars.

p.s. AP /TDC map is great :). But I always get my handling together before I add power.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Make sure your bars are centered. Alot of bars(even heard of JDM rsb) slide from side to side. That's way whiteline make lateral locks. Go under your car and see if the bars are hitting. Not you, but I have seen some people put them in upside down. Do you have any picture of your sway bars on the car. Maybe we can help. You should not have all that trouble with your bars.

p.s. AP /TDC map is great :). But I always get my handling together before I add power.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm in agreement that there is something wrong with the sway bars (whether the installation or the bar itself).

Whats' the procedure for ensuring the bar is centered. Any recommendations?

I don't see the bar hitting anything but I'll get under the car again and take some pics so you guys can take a look. I did ALOT of research before making the decision to purchase these bars as my first LGT upgrade. And, I've had the stealer-ship look at the car and provide input multiple times, to include a test-drive to show them what I was talking about. Stealer-ship gave me the thumbs-up.

Had a track day (Road America, Wi)with the newly installed IPD Sways.

I did the same track a month ago with the stock bars and the difference in handling is incredible. Cannot compare to the others but the car was extremely responsive at some fast cornering speed. The roll has nearly disappeared.

Very happy.:icon_cool

• 1 month later...

Archived